Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:11:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Studio Miniatures Survivors and Zombie Mob Sets Review  (Read 5514 times)

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
Studio Miniatures Survivors and Zombie Mob Sets Review
« on: August 03, 2010, 06:50:29 PM »
Today I posted an in-depth review of various survivors, and zombie mob sets from Studio Miniatures...

http://wargameguru.weebly.com/in-focus-review---studio-miniatures-models.html

Enjoy

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: Studio Miniatures Survivors and Zombie Mob Sets Review
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:40:16 PM »
I don't tend to do blogs, so are you ever going to post here examples of your work for the enrichment of LAF?

If not then your postings are simply a signpost to your own blog, which I assume any hits you get provide advertising reward etc...

Sorry, but If you want to be a proper LAF member then support the forum rather than divert traffic.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 08:51:08 PM »
... If you want to be a proper LAF member then support the forum rather than divert traffic.
Or, at the very least, do the decent thing and ante up for supporting membership.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:17:49 PM »
Or, at the very least, do the decent thing and ante up for supporting membership.

That too!

;)

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 10:34:49 PM »
I don't tend to do blogs, so are you ever going to post here examples of your work for the enrichment of LAF?

If not then your postings are simply a signpost to your own blog, which I assume any hits you get provide advertising reward etc...

Sorry, but If you want to be a proper LAF member then support the forum rather than divert traffic.

Okay the other thread was removed, because it went downhill when you started to pick at me earlier, and the Frothers crowd chimed in and started their signature cyber-bullying right behind you. Why can't some people just agree to disagree and mind their own business? I responded to these very same questions over there, and I'm not about to do it all over again in this one.

I also participate in other threads here. I replied and was taking part in a few threads earlier today. If you don't like me, or if you decide to disagree with me and what I do so be it, but who are you to tell me how to spend my time here, and to dictate to me how to be a "proper LAF member"???
To the contrary, I would think being a "proper LAF member" would include not going out of your way to instigate, and start up more crap the very same day the moderators removed a thread that you just took part in, asking the very same questions, with the very same intent? Practice what you preach buddy.

It's totally evident that you went clear out of your way to START picking at me through this thread now, which was posted all the way back on August 3rd. No one posted in this thread until you did today, and your post had nothing to do with the thread topic. You've made the same complaints you did in the other thread, and you've drawn the same conclusions here. I heard what you said there, and responded to those questions there, what part of my reply to these very same questions did you not comprehend?

I also thought my postings were quite helpful to LAF members too. Quite frankly, I've been posting here for some time now, and you're the first person to speak up and get all uppity with me about it too. Agree to disagree, and move on. I don't go out of my way to jump in and harass someone for every post they make that I disagree with. I overlook those posts and move on, just like most people do. Those who do otherwise clearly do so for the intent and purpose of starting trouble. From what I understand, while many Frothers members are here, this isn't Frothers, and the nonsense that people get away with there, isn't tolerated here. It's why I'm here and not there as well.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 10:47:17 PM »
I like reviews… if the subject have any interest for me to start with. I will not read a review about superhero or GW stuff (for example) because the subject or product don’t "speak to me".

That being said, I’m old enough to make my own mind on the products I like or not, I just find it to be somehow "useful" to have other gamers point of view.

Please keep the reviews coming!

Cheers! 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 10:57:31 PM »
I don't really see what the fuss is all about. Reviews are always helpful. Take 'em or leave them. Besides there are painted miniatures on the blog. So what if they are not posted directly in the post?

Anyway... Thank you for the reviews. And especially for the Freebooter ones. They were read with great interest.

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 11:03:05 PM »
yep have to agree , a link to a blog or a link to a web page or web shop will be useful some of the time ,if its no good for me I wont click on it. why this one is different to the other links on here I don't know , maybe personal maybe not .Keep putting them on ,

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 11:03:54 PM »
Calm down, guys, Citizen and Commander too. Please let me and the moderators decide what and who is "LAF proper". If you have to say anything to WarGameGuru, so please write a PM to him or to me or to Paul (matakishi). I don't want that sort of flame threads and I won't admit them. Live and let live. And no further discussion about the matter, please. Thanks.

Offline blackstone

• Mastermind
    • Toad King Castings
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 11:34:09 PM »
Public forum, live and let live... IMO no rules broken. Many people post stuff here with links to a blog. The objection raised seems to be that WGG may gain some revenue from hits to his site. Yet many individuals/companies use the forum for exposure too. Whether selling greens, marketing figures, marketing rules, marketing painted figures... some companies get there own sub forum to promote their products. I have no objection to any of this.

Edit:
And no further discussion about the matter, please.
Sorry you posted this as I was writing my post which I posted before reading yours.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:45:33 PM by blackstone »

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 12:37:59 AM »
Okay the other thread was removed, because it went downhill when you started to pick at me earlier, and the Frothers crowd chimed in and started their signature cyber-bullying right behind you. Why can't some people just agree to disagree and mind their own business? I responded to these very same questions over there, and I'm not about to do it all over again in this one.

I also participate in other threads here. I replied and was taking part in a few threads earlier today. If you don't like me, or if you decide to disagree with me and what I do so be it, but who are you to tell me how to spend my time here, and to dictate to me how to be a "proper LAF member"???
To the contrary, I would think being a "proper LAF member" would include not going out of your way to instigate, and start up more crap the very same day the moderators removed a thread that you just took part in, asking the very same questions, with the very same intent? Practice what you preach buddy.

It's totally evident that you went clear out of your way to START picking at me through this thread now, which was posted all the way back on August 3rd. No one posted in this thread until you did today, and your post had nothing to do with the thread topic. You've made the same complaints you did in the other thread, and you've drawn the same conclusions here. I heard what you said there, and responded to those questions there, what part of my reply to these very same questions did you not comprehend?

I also thought my postings were quite helpful to LAF members too. Quite frankly, I've been posting here for some time now, and you're the first person to speak up and get all uppity with me about it too. Agree to disagree, and move on. I don't go out of my way to jump in and harass someone for every post they make that I disagree with. I overlook those posts and move on, just like most people do. Those who do otherwise clearly do so for the intent and purpose of starting trouble. From what I understand, while many Frothers members are here, this isn't Frothers, and the nonsense that people get away with there, isn't tolerated here. It's why I'm here and not there as well.

Prof: sorry I feel that in the spirit of Live and let live that I should be allowed to post my reponse. No offence ment in this respect and respectfully I hope none taken.

WGG: As you have directed a further response at me I feel that it is my right on a public forum to respond. Going through your paragraphs in turn:

i) Not my issue if a thread is canned, I asked a genuine question.
ii) Again no idea why the thread was removed, it was there this morning not tonight.
iii) I've been out of the country since the 6th and returned Sunday, why should I not have a look at what's been posted during my absence?
iv) Your response was to fall back to some overally defensive and wounded position/stance. Look mate I asked a genuine question, have seen a lot of shit flying around, (between you and others I might add) and I thought that here at least you might be able to clarify a few things.
v) First person to speak up? Unfortunately this is not the case and please feel free to check that out in your threads that are still here.
vi) Finally, grow a pair, stop looking to be a victim and expect in an open and public forum, differences of opinion and the right to disagree.

I think that's nuff said on the matter.

The Commander
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:59:06 AM by Commander Vyper »

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 01:45:32 AM »
Prof: sorry I feel that in the spirit of Live and let live that I should be allowed to post my reponse. No offence ment in this respect and respectfully I hope none taken.

WGG: As you have directed a further response at me I feel that it is my right on a public forum to respond. Going through your paragraphs in turn:

i) Not my issue if a thread is canned, I asked a genuine question.
ii) Again no idea why the thread was removed, it was there this morning not tonight.
iii) I've been out of the country since the 6th and returned Sunday, why should I not have a look at what's been posted during my absence?
iv) Your response was to fall back to some overally defensive and wounded position/stance. Look mate I asked a genuine question, have seen a lot of shit flying around, (between you and others I might add) and I thought that here at least you might be able to clarify a few things.
v) First person to speak up? Unfortunately this is not the case and please feel free to check that out in your threads that are still here.
vi) Finally, grow a pair, stop looking to be a victim and expect in an open and public forum, differences of opinion and the right to disagree.

I think that's nuff said on the matter.

The Commander
I agree to disagree. Nuff Said.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 07:57:16 AM »
Noted, but will comment again freely on future threads if I feel the need.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:23:51 AM by Commander Vyper »

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 11:56:39 AM »
the nonsense that people get away with there, isn't tolerated here.

but do keep calling people bullies won't you?

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 12:19:28 PM »
Personally, Im not a fan of reviews (ever since Total Film said Face Off was the best thing since sliced bread...) that being said, perhaps rather than just "I reviewed brand X read it here" you could maybe post part of the review here, some photos, etc, like some do with thier battle reports?

Just a thought.

Flip.