Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 04:31:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696315
  • Total Topics: 118758
  • Online Today: 465
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fourcolourfigs' Superfigs in Europe??  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Fourcolourfigs' Superfigs in Europe??
« on: August 10, 2010, 10:07:39 PM »
Have to ask again:

Any news about any vendors selling Superfigs in Europe? As in stocking them and showing them on their website for easy ordering?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 08:39:26 AM by Argonor »
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Re: FVourcolourfigs' Superfigs in Europe??
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 11:42:32 PM »
Old Glory UK will order them in for people but they do it for their 'next' order with the US, so it might be a wait to get them.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Fourcolourfigs' Superfigs in Europe??
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 08:46:18 AM »
Hmmm... OK. Thanks.

Maybe I'm just spoiled for choices, but I think it's a little annoying, not to be able to look at, and order, specific minis from the same site without having to pay excessive postage to get them send from across the pond...  :?

Well. Have a couple of supers I can do before having to worry about it...  :)

I hope to get a small SS3 game up Friday evening, and I expect it to spur me on getting a few more heroes and/or villains ready for the table... Actually playing games usually have that effect on me, so in order to reduce the lead mountain, I should probably aim for putting on a game 2 or 3 times a month....

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:52:58 AM »
I hope to get a small SS3 game up Friday evening, and I expect it to spur me on getting a few more heroes and/or villains ready for the table... Actually playing games usually have that effect on me, so in order to reduce the lead mountain, I should probably aim for putting on a game 2 or 3 times a month....

I suffer the same effect  lol. Always that I am putting a game, seem to need more figures in a hurry for the new ideas...

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 09:25:10 AM »
Hmmm... OK. Thanks.

Maybe I'm just spoiled for choices, but I think it's a little annoying, not to be able to look at, and order, specific minis from the same site without having to pay excessive postage to get them send from across the pond...  :?

Yeah, there have been a few threads about it recently in the Bazaar. OG:UK seem to be the only way to get them without paying the insane shipping charges of OG. There are a few stores about that still have old stock from when West Wind sold them, a quick Google search turns them up but it's whatever is left...

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 03:36:03 PM »
If you e-mail Teresa at Old Glory 25's she can quote you a better shipping rate than the site shows. There is some weird quirk to the store software that charges international buyers an exorbitant rate, but they will re-reimburse you. If you're not into that, you may be able to arrange a direct purchase through e-mails with Teresea, circumventing the site's normal store  function.

Her e-mail is:

oldgloryshipyard@gmail.com

Thanks!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 05:53:20 PM »
Thank you!

Just finished reading SS3. I don't see the big differences to SS3 at first glance, but the lay-out, presentation, and overall 'feel' of the book (pdf in my case) is much better. Lots of material, of course, have been re-used, so the differences are probably in some of the powers and how they work.

One tiny request, though: Before next 'printing' of the rules, please run a 'search and replace' on S2 for S3 - it is only a detail, but it annoys me that the rules refer to themselves as S2  ;)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 06:19:33 PM »
S2 is short for "SuperSystem" (double S, S-squared, that sort of thing), but now that we're on a 3rd edition, I can where this can be confusing. Maybe we'll zap that next time around.

There are a lot of subtle changes, and a few major ones. Incorporating the single attack per round is probably the biggest, but that rule has been around since we did the Summer Special a while back.

Thanks!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 06:32:23 PM »
S2 is short for "SuperSystem" (double S, S-squared, that sort of thing), but now that we're on a 3rd edition, I can where this can be confusing. Maybe we'll zap that next time around.

There are a lot of subtle changes, and a few major ones. Incorporating the single attack per round is probably the biggest, but that rule has been around since we did the Summer Special a while back.

Thanks!

Ah, so that's the reason  lol

Yes, the 1 attack/round is noticeable - an improvement imo - prevents characters with a lot of AP to kill off opponents in the blink of an eye. Because of my hobby-pause from previous spring to this last spring, I never got any SS2 games running (I only painted my 3rd and 4th supers in April this year), and all this buying house business has taken a lot of steam out of my spare time occupations....

I had hoped to stage a game during this week - but my regular gaming pal got a new job where he has to be at work at 6 am, so he is not staying out late during the week to play games atm... And weekends are more or less booked up with redecorating the house, and moving stuff....

All in all my gaming activites are restrained to doing a little each evening in between putting the kids to sleep, and hitting the sheets myself. Well, in about 2½ months time, things should improve....  ::)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 06:39:35 PM »

Yes, the 1 attack/round is noticeable - an improvement imo - prevents characters with a lot of AP to kill off opponents in the blink of an eye. Because of my hobby-pause from previous spring to this last spring, I never got any SS2 games running (I only painted my 3rd and 4th supers in April this year), and all this buying house business has taken a lot of steam out of my spare time occupations....

Yeah, one attack per model makes for a smoother game turn. Congrats on the house!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 06:44:04 PM »
Thanks. When all settled in, my possibilities for hobbying should be much better than previously. More space, better storage possiblities (and better access to storage), and a workshop for the messier parts...

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »
Thanks for that info Scott, very useful.