Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:40:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: LOS ANGELES HMGS/PSW "Mini Wars Fall-In" convention 2010  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
LOS ANGELES HMGS/PSW "Mini Wars Fall-In" convention 2010
« on: August 22, 2010, 09:21:14 PM »

Above are photos of one of our recent conventions and my and Doug Kendricks "Boxer Rebellion" game.

Hi all,

The HMGS/PSW fall convention is just around the corner and this looks to be even bigger and better than the last two very successful conventions held by us. This convention is a bit different as due to a venue schedule conflict with our normal venue we are folding in to another large and longtime area convention Strategicon's "Gateway"

The convention will be held at Strategicon’s “Gateway” event Labor Day weekend Sept 3-6th, 2010 at the Radisson Hotel near Los Angeles International Airport. Admission is free to al HMGS/PSW members. You can join at the convention by coming to the miniatures desk first then going to the “GATEWAY” registration desk for your badge.

There are a great selection of games being played Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday. With over $400 dollars in Prizes pledged for the convention! Games include a giant 20 player “China between the Wars” game on an 8’x12’ table with hundreds of troops in a pulp fiction fest! Put on by the “Dogs of War” club famous for many spectacular games at past conventions.

Steve Reid, George Paler, and Gary Archer will have almost continuous “Check you six” games running both days.

The “Bengal Club” is putting on “Stalag 9 and the search for the SturmFrappenZooter” a mad dash by various groups of allied players to capture German wonder Weapon technology at the end of the War. Wait till you see the “Stalag 9” in 28mm! Historicon eat your heart out!

Dave is bringing his awesome looking and fun to play ACW game, this along with many other great historical games promises lots of fun for miniatures gamers! Please check out the info and Preliminary event list at the following sites.

http://www.HMGSPSW.org
http://www.miniwars.org
http://www.strategicon.net

See you all there!

Bill Witthans
President HMGS/PSW
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 10:07:01 PM by Vonkluge »

Offline Major Weenie

• Scientist
  • Never Too Early for a Refreshing Beverage!
    • The Bengal Club
Re: LOS ANGELES HMGS/PSW "Mini Wars Fall-In" convention 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 04:40:35 PM »
"Kaiser Bill,"

<insert secret Bengali handshake>

So, eventually, all the TBC members will be posting on the LAF ?  I blame Rudi for introducing us to the forum.

Regards,
MW

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
Re: LOS ANGELES HMGS/PSW "Mini Wars Fall-In" convention 2010
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 11:11:56 PM »
(returning the secret Bengali Handshake)

I found it several years ago while looking for painting on the internet or something, I then noticed different "Bengal Club" members were also here like Chick, Rudi, u.... I have be in a couple of the painting contest, much fun.

I'm very tired at the moment my son Paul (15) is in the Hospital after trying to "jump" his bike off an 8 foot tall ledge 12' out onto asphalt at about 20 mph! Broken tow, broken finger, cracked rib, 8 stitches to chin, and in surgery for several hours last night (midnight) for internal bleeding. Not fun... crazy kids!

Bill W
"Kaiser Bill" to you!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:18:26 PM by Vonkluge »