Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690618
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What happened to Deadlands?!?!?!?!  (Read 5563 times)

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: What happened to Deadlands?!?!?!?!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 12:18:03 PM »
IMO they look no better in person.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 02:07:01 PM »
I find I can degerade any miniature with my "painting" but some take more work.

I would like to see the painted results of the efforts of others for these figures too.  I might gamble on one or two if they look nice(er) than the website pictures.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 11:33:07 PM »
I've got a few of the Deadlands figs. To be quite honest, they're a very mixed bag. Some are very nice, others are not all that great, and the "Steampunk" aspect of a few is somewhat questionable if you're a purist. (I have their armored steam tank, and whilst a very serviceable model it looks a lot like somebody converted a Panzer III or IV.)

If you're looking for "Weird Wild West" you  might want to have a look at Brigade Games, which has some nice ACW and Wild West themed Victorian Sci-Fi/Steampunk stuff. I'm not a huge fan of VSF ACW (more of a purist and prefer my games in a slightly different setting) but the figs they do are nice.

As far as Deadlands the RPG, still going strong. Problem is that they have switched to the Savage Worlds system, which not everyone is a huge fan of. I think it's fine, but very reliant on miniatures, which is problematic for roleplaying purists.  Personally, I prefer the older version (stats generated with a poker deck, etc.) To each his/her own. The Deadlands Miniatures game, "The Great Rail Wars" has been out of print for some time, but you can still get it. The main problem with the Miniatures game, I am told, is that it was never sufficiently supported, and that certain miniatures were promised and never released, etc. Unfortunately, I can't comment on this from first hand experience - I only found out about The Great Rail Wars after it had stopped being printed, as it never hit big in the areas I was gaming in.

-Doc

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 11:40:34 PM »
One should note that the great rail wars game is easy enough to find miniatures for, tough! Between western, ACW and generic undead/evil scientist there is little that isn't covered by some company.

The rules are for sale on RPG now, which is how I got them, still haven't bought any minies for it nor played it (obviously) I bought it more out of curiosity in any case.

The PDF's don't cover everything, and I have heard good things about the campaigns, which is a pitty since those were not for sale last time I checked.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)