Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:23:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord Plastic British  (Read 3647 times)

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Warlord Plastic British
« on: September 24, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »
http://www.warlordgames.co.uk/?p=8050

Preview: Plastic Bolt Action British Infantry!
Our first plastic set in the Bolt Action WWII range, the German Infantry, have gone down an absolute storm with you all. Now we have something a bit special for those who are wanting to build their own allied force of British or Canadians! This set has a huge number of options – we’ll be showing off more of the 3-up builds in coming weeks as we prepare for the big release.

The first thing to note is the helmets are separate to the heads. As we all know the British Tommy wasn’t one for standing on ceremony and wore his battle bowler in all manner of angles – the more slovenly the better! Included in the set are the iconic Mk I tin hat and the later Mk III ‘turtle’ helmet – and there are netted, scrim-covered and plain versions. It also means a vast variety of combinations can be made in your army before you even consider arm and weapon options…

As you’d expect the British weapon sprue contains all the equipment you’d expect to see – Bren guns, Sten guns, SMLEs, Webley pistols, etc. The NCO below is clipping a new magazine into his Sten ready to hose Jerry down with hot lead…

The set is also wide-ranging in the theatres it is good for. Not only post D-Day Europe but it’s great for playing out games in the Italian campaign too.

We’ll be showing more photos of our 3-ups in coming weeks, culminating in what we expect to be a November release.

'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Re: Warlord Plastic British
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 06:34:00 AM »
Hmm.

All these new plastics probably would make for excellent dead bodies. I've always wanted to do a game where whenever a model dies it is replaced with a dead body.  :-*
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline arktos

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 06:43:00 AM »
Nice figures but again late war.  :(
Every company focus in late war with only B.E.F and Crusader been the exceptions.
Well i am not loosing hope.  :)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 08:16:59 AM »
I'm rather hoping they will do an Eighth Army set at some point, the conversion potential, especially when combined with these would be magnificent.

One thing does intrigue me though. A friend pointed out that the weapons on the plastic sprues are considerably finer and better scaled than those in their lead ranges, so there is quite an obvious disparity between the two. I agreed that it seems odd that they didn't make some compromises with the plastics so they fitted better with their own lead figures.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 08:20:28 AM »
Must say though that the legs look a little stumpy and the thigh pocket on the pants is far too large and I used to own a pair so I know it is.

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 08:32:19 AM »
It would be nice if they added some Commando bits. I would like to expand the Foundry units I have planned.

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 11:31:40 AM »
A pity that they've gone for the Hollywood - or is that Pinewood? - way of holding a Sten.  Still, that won't stop me from buying some when the WW2 bug next strikes me.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 05:37:45 PM »
A pity that they've gone for the Hollywood - or is that Pinewood? - way of holding a Sten.  Still, that won't stop me from buying some when the WW2 bug next strikes me.

He's apparently changing mags, it's just the angle that makes him look all Richard Burton. I would've preferred the other type of Sten though, even if that one is the 'right' one.

Commando bits would be good... with some deft knife and file work, some bits from the German box and from the US set that is bound to follow and hey presto! 1948 Israelis!  :D 

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 07:58:13 PM »
Commando bits would be good... with some deft knife and file work, some bits from the German box and from the US set that is bound to follow and hey presto! 1948 Israelis!  :D 

Oh I think the conversion potential is likley to be limitless once they get a few boxes underway. 1961 Indians for fighting Chinese. Swap Russian helmeted head for the Brits and you have Egyptians for 1956. Shirtsleeved torsos and long pants and with a little artistry with a scalpel and paintbrush you can do Cyprus. Purchase a few SLR/FN FALs and you can do a lot of small ex-Commonwealth armies for much of the '60s, '70's and beyond.