Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:19:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Photos From Blam 2010  (Read 17016 times)

Offline Mors

• Scientist
    • Tales from thr Green Dragom
Re: Photos From Blam 2010
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 08:13:40 AM »
Looks like a great fun weekend all the games look fantastic , glad a good time was had by all. Was really disappointed I couldnt make it.

Mors

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 09:41:01 AM »
very,very nice Boards,Minis and Pics!Always a pleasure to see Great War Tables,and Stuff!  :-*

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 10:02:06 AM »
very,very nice Boards,Minis and Pics!Always a pleasure to see Great War Tables,and Stuff!  :-*

To clarify that bit - it wasn't a proper "Great War" game, but rather a "1919 BoB-ish Baltic Bash" with Freikorps, Bolsheviks, Whites and Bandits. I've taken a number of pics myself and hope to do a battle report this week.

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 12:58:46 PM »
What a cracking selection of wonderful-ness  :D

Thanks for posting  :)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 01:05:18 PM »
I also managed to sneak in a camera and shoot some of the action at BLAM:

Fantastic zeppelin!

My character - the professor, hurrying towards a rocket pack in order escape the (terribly outnumbered) german menace  lol

German damsel in distress... distresser being a British lady.

The whole build was ripe with beautiful details and it was even painted too! Amazing. (I was once in Scotland and I must say that my impression back then was that there was not a lot to do as a tourist where I was... I cannot help but wonder if this a general Scottish thing - because that would explain this out of proportions skillfully build build.  ;) :D)

Next I played in Malamute & Captain Blood's zombie game. The setting was the 1879 conflict in order to justify these two gents doing zombies. Brilliantly painted and executed.

My characters were swarmed by zulu although one of them did make just to the doorstep of the contagion free zone and almost got away.

Another zombie game by Revford and crew. Built to last forever. Players could come and go almost as they saw fit. Very inspiring. Might pull out my own zombies and have a go at something similar.

I believe Overlord is doing his "Geezer, shut it!" maneuver on Silent Invader in this sequence..

... not to sure though? lol

Richard started packing his War of The Ring game as soon as I started oogling it. OK no, I was out to late.. some unfortunately goes for the game I came to play - Tex Mex with Malamute.

I forgot to take pictures of Matakishi's  crossfire game because I was too busy playing. I played it twice and it was rather funny being a Taliban. The opposition didn't seem to touch the ground before they got it!

Last I joined in on a game of GASLIGHT with Bullshot at the helm.

With all the steam contraptions you could wish for. And even japanese kamikze balloons. Lovely models.

That's about all I got in the box.  lol

Thanks to everyone.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Online oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 02:20:46 PM »

Richard started packing his War of The Ring game as soon as I started oogling it. OK no, I was out to late.. some unfortunately goes for the game I came to play - Tex Mex with Malamute.

Was this Richards War of the Rings game with prepainted plastic miniatures and laser gun wielding zombies?

In all seriousness a fantastic little game using a system thats easy to pick up and playing on fantastic terrain with wondefully painted miniatures is just excellent.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 02:34:42 PM »
Was this Richards War of the Rings game with prepainted plastic miniatures and laser gun wielding zombies?

Next year he is thinking of running a game using all of the above with a revolutionary new rules system where you replace die rolling with flicking the figures over like in Subbuteo... ;)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 02:35:02 PM »
In all seriousness a fantastic little game using a system thats easy to pick up and playing on fantastic terrain with wondefully painted miniatures is just excellent.

You're just saying that 'cause you won!
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 02:39:36 PM »
What beautiful games and sounds like all who were there had a great time. I wish I could get to game with some of you over there.

Maybe Salute next year.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 04:01:44 PM »
Shear insperation superb! great looking stuff, thank you for the pictures, every wargamers dream...

Tony

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 04:25:48 PM »
brilliant, thanks for all the pics :D
Commission Painting undertaken, PM or email me.

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 05:53:15 PM »

We tried dragging him into our game filled with scandalous zombies and plastic, but he stayed true to the Lead and was having none of it.  :)
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 06:47:41 PM »
Well I enjoyed your game, where else could I play the Golden Shower (and get away with it) other than in zombie infested Emmerdale?
Here are some of the Golden Shower cultists nefariously sneaking away from their vehicle to begin their shenanigans around the town dressed in sound muffling dressing gowns and slippers so as to avoid detection by the zombies (that worked :( ). As we say in the Golden Shower,, 'Silence is Golden.'

More photos when my report's finished in a day or two.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 06:50:32 PM by matakishi »

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 07:24:43 PM »
Well I enjoyed your game, where else could I play the Golden Shower (and get away with it) other than in zombie infested Emmerdale?
Here are some of the Golden Shower cultists nefariously sneaking away from their vehicle to begin their shenanigans around the town dressed in sound muffling dressing gowns and slippers so as to avoid detection by the zombies (that worked :( ). As we say in the Golden Shower,, 'Silence is Golden.
A game like that would justifiy any travel costs!

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 09:37:18 PM »
Oh wow! I wish I'd been there. Fantastic gaming tables and if the lot was like you guys here at glam this year I'd say great players to go along with the games. Really wonderful stuff. And the zeppelin photos made me loose a few sanity points... Just unbelievable.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!