Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Eclectic Eureka pre releases - November  (Read 6773 times)

Offline cdm

• Scientist
Eclectic Eureka pre releases - November
« on: November 02, 2010, 11:50:29 AM »
A pre release sample figs I received in this months parcel

I was told these are replacement generals, whether they replace existing figures or are meant to be additional to the existing figures, I'm not 100% clear

Revolutionary Wars Austrian generals

Revolutionary Wars Russian generals

Revolutionary Wars French generals

Ural Cossacks - I assume these are c 7YW era, but I'm really not clear, I'm sure I saw it mentioned somewhere by Eureka but th epacks I was sent had no name but Ural Cossack written on them

Dismounted

Horse holder and one horse (3 variants of horse) and Cossack officer

They come with a separate lance. The lance hand needs to be drilled out to fit the lance.

Japanese Schoolgirls - eye height 23mm

Rosie the Rocketeer - eye height 27mm

Her little rocket pack is separate, I tacked it on here

Avalon Bleeding Range (alternate ECW)

The armoured figure on the left, I can't tell if it's a hound snout, or an armoured hound snout shape. The other 2 figures are slightly grotesque figures to suit the general fairie them of the Avalon line

I still have the new mouse range to photo when I get time in the next couple days (to complement the frog, turtle and rabbit armies)

I didn't preview the Italian Wars archers here last month when I got them, or the Revolutionary Wars casualties for the French, Austrians and Russians. If there is any interest I'll up the photos of those.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Eclectic Eureka pre releases - November
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 01:00:08 PM »
Those generals are meant to be brigade- and division-level officers for the French Revolution line. Previously they have only done mounted colonels. The cossacks are likewise meant to be part of the French Rev line, but can obviously be used for a lot of other stuff.

I just got my hands on them myself last night and they are all very nice figures. I had intended to stick to French and Austrians but I think I now have more cossacks than I do French and Austrian cavalry!  ;D

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »
Rosie the rocketeer is brilliant.  Must get one of those.
This is my boomstick!

Offline pierrebi

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 02:59:35 PM »

Ommammamiabella .... ready for The Knight and the Stealer of Hearts Connection!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/31/silvio-berlusconi-karima-keyek-italy

I will use TAG Saddam Miniatures as president Mubarak, presumed Ruby's Uncle  :D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:09:06 PM by pierrebi »

Offline Lenin

• Assistant
    • Lenin's Library
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 04:18:24 PM »
I wonder if some of those Japanese schoolgirls would work for South Korean troublesome spy girls?

Pete

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »
Japanese and rocketeer are excellent - the others are nice as well though!

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 09:17:32 PM »
I was told these are replacement generals, whether they replace existing figures or are meant to be additional to the existing figures, I'm not 100% clear

They are 'replacements' in the sense that the original masters that came back to Nic suffered serious scale creep so they were re-modelled to fit with the existing range.

Yes, these are the Ural or Trans-Ural cosacks, which I suspect if more of a marketing term to distinguish them from the previous 'Don cossack' release. Lovely figures, I suspect that these will find there way into quite a few SYW armies as well. I think I will succumb if only as extra opposition to Ottoman Turks.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 09:30:01 PM »
I didn't preview the Italian Wars archers here last month when I got them, or the Revolutionary Wars casualties for the French, Austrians and Russians. If there is any interest I'll up the photos of those.

Yes please, I would like to see them ;)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 11:28:41 PM »
We would like to see the casualties too.
We have quite a few Revolutionary French & Vendean rebels etc, casualty markers might be handy.
The generals look like wonderful characters.

Those Cossacks look good.
Wonder what we could use them for.

Would those Japanese schoolgirls do for St Trinians (lower sixth form) ?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 03:13:59 AM »
Those Cossacks look good.
Wonder what we could use them for.......

Would those Japanese schoolgirls do for St Trinians (lower sixth form) ?

Pretty much anything in the 18th C. various wars against Prussia, Sweden, the Turks etc. Use them right through to 1814 if it comes to that.

I was thinking more along the lines of Baader Meinhof for the schoolgirls.

Offline cdm

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 10:49:43 AM »
I won't photograph the new mice army figures until the weekend due to late working hours. There is sword and bucklers, archers, spears, shaman, command, and sword and buckler on large resin mice. They appear to be sculpted by Mike Broadbent and are in a cutesy style. No use for Skaven armies, plus they are tiny - as small as the terrapins from the turtle army.

Aaron, thank you for the note on the Revolutionary Generals.

As requested above, I got these casualty figures a month or so ago, I put these on my site but forgot to mention them here due to life.

These complement the existing casualty figures for each nation. If you missed these over the course of the last year, I can dig those out as well, they should all be on LAF already.

Chasseur Casualty

Russian Casualties

Austrian Chevauxleger

Italian Wars 'archers' - I'd call them men at arms or less knightly knights but apparently they are archers without arching stuff and are the retinue the gendarme was meant to bring with him. Something very technical and hush hush no doubt. :P I know there is genuine historical research about these and their looks, I just found their naming amusing at the time. Probably like the people who tell me the Spanish didn't have Marion helmets c1510 despite the armoury documents of the time calling them Marion helmets. *shrug* I digress OT.

Each figure comes with a choice of lance arm or open handed arm with a random hand weapon - hammer, axe, sword, probably the same selection as the prior gendarmes. When I got them, they were pre release, they apparently have proper pack codes etc, I was too lazy to go back and sort and number them appropriately.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:00:03 AM by cdm »

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
Yes, these are the Ural or Trans-Ural cosacks, which I suspect if more of a marketing term to distinguish them from the previous 'Don cossack' release. Lovely figures, I suspect that these will find there way into quite a few SYW armies as well. I think I will succumb if only as extra opposition to Ottoman Turks.

I'm no expert, but if Osprey and the uniform plates in the NY Public Library collection are anything to go by the Don Cossacks were much more "regular" in appearance. Regardless I am thrilled to have more of these lovely Eureka cossacks to paint up now! Even if I did promise myself I'd stick to the French and Austrians only... lol

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 07:51:48 PM »

These casualty figures look great and could "bring life" ( ;D ) to regular unit

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 08:48:54 PM »
@CDM,

The mice and rats are designed by Michael Broadbent. Have painted them all for Michael to be forward to Eureka for the release. The mice are lovely with loads of character. My favourite beside the mounted mice on rats is the Shaman with the blowfly on his shoulder.

Cheers,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 10:38:06 PM »
I'm no expert, but if Osprey and the uniform plates in the NY Public Library collection are anything to go by the Don Cossacks were much more "regular" in appearance. Regardless I am thrilled to have more of these lovely Eureka cossacks to paint up now! Even if I did promise myself I'd stick to the French and Austrians only... lol

The Don cossacks have already been released and indeed are more regular in appearance. I suspect that the term Ural cossack is more of a generic term rather than having any specific ethnographic meaning.