Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:51:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689765
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Treshold team back on tracks - I hope!  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Treshold team back on tracks - I hope!
« on: November 17, 2010, 09:34:06 PM »
So, last week I finally took out my copies of SA and Schocking Tales Issue 1 to have a look at our maimed Treshold team that lost its first scenario after its first re-equip quite some time ago.

I decided to paint a female agent, but to let my gaming buddy, who run the team in our games, come over and decide how to re-equip the team with gear and weapons.

I even started painting a couple of Pulp Figures (one female investigator and Vincent Price) on Friday night - my my newly acquired reading glasses worked a dream, and I can actually again see what I'm hitting with the brush  ;)

Sunday, my friend visigted me, and we went through the team, and got it ready. We keep it below 15 Base Points atm, as 1) I like to keep things simple, just a bit longer, and 2) i don't have that many powerful lurker models, and not that many lurker models all in all.

I then got a matching lurker list done (I usually do that WAY in advance - just remember to have at least one model more than Treshold, and you'll be fine for most scenarios other than Monster Attack (I think it's called)) - and then real life kicked in. again.

I haven't been able to get time for painting this week - then yesterday I forgot my glasses at work, and today I had to stay home with an ill child, so I was not able to pick up the glasses... so even though I actually would have had some time, at least today, I'm not able to work on the female agent.

That leaves me Thursday and Friday evenings to complete her, if we, as planned, are going to have a game this weekend (and I'm NOT a fast painter).

Well, If I don't make it, we'll have to postpone at least 2 weeks, due to my trip to Horisont in Esbjerg 26th-28th of November....  :-[

On the other hand, I might be able to prepare a few more interesting things for my lurker list.

I'll return with pics of the entire team, and the lurker team, as soon as I have finished the agent - and there'll be a report with a few pics after the game has happened.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline blackstone

• Mastermind
    • Toad King Castings
Re: Treshold team back on tracks - I hope!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 05:18:58 PM »
....my my newly acquired reading glasses worked a dream, and I can actually again see what I'm hitting with the brush
Yes... this helps :) be good to see the figs when you get a chance to paint them.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 02:00:31 PM »
I finished the female agent last weekend, actually, but I have been suffering from tendosyvinites (if this is the right word - google gave another translation from Danish, but a physiotherapist laffer told me that one) in my left foot, and I haven't been up to much since, as the very strong prescription painkillers I got has made me feel slightly sick most of the time. My first day at work and without drugs for most of a week, today - hopefully my foot will not get worse, again....

Game might be on, not this, but next weekend. If my foot behaves, I'll probably go to Horisont in Esbjerg this weekend (I signed up and paid quite a while ago, could not have foreseen this medical problem, and the amount of snow that is making car travels a bit perilous).

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 08:49:24 AM »
I'm finally back on tracks. Never got to Horisont - actually did not play a single game all winter.  :(

The team will be facing unspeakable horrors Sunday 15th of May, and I'll make sure to get some in-game pics.

Also, a demo at the nearest club (in Svendborg) seems to be falling into place in a couple of weeks, and I've started finishing 2 cults for VUK. Mythos, here we come!  lol

Feels good to get back into hobbying after a lo-ong break.

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 10:40:14 AM »
I just started wearing glasses for painting as well. Its scary what you can now see and recently done painting looks so bad in comparison. Its made painting British Naps so much easier.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 08:12:52 PM »
Game played today - Treshold completely viped wiped out by a Shambler almost by itself.

Pics and a short description when I have rolled injuries and have had the time to upload everything.

Started painting my Death Cult Mummy Magus while waiting for my gaming pal to arrive.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:03:54 AM by Argonor »

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 12:03:14 AM »
Game played today - Treshold completely viped out by a Shambler almost by itself.

I had nothing to do with it...;) (And it's a Y by the way!)  lol

Good to see youve found the spark again, look forward to seeing pics soon

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 07:13:14 AM »
Probably won't be until one of the next 3 days. Tomorrow is a holiday (Prayer's Day; instituted in Denmark and Norway 1686, later moved a couple of times in Norway), so maybe...

The Spark? I don't know, I'm still WAY too tired in the evenings after work, picking up kids, working in the garden, preparing supper, etc. to do anything hobby-related, but when the weather doesn't permit gardening, on weekends I can work on smaller projects. When we are not going to the ZOO or something else with the kids, visiting or having friends over, etc., that is...

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 07:54:03 AM »
That's life to be honnest, our twins are 15months now, up at 5:30 evey morning, I work Mon-Fri, my wife Mon-Tue, so on those days I sort them out morning and afternoon, nursery run etc... I have very little time or energy for anything these days. End of the day, you can't let yourself get into a runt re: time and lack thereof, I did, not healthy. You'll get more free time in time, enjoy the now.

Good luck

The Commander

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 08:37:20 AM »
End of the day, you can't let yourself get into a runt ...

It's difficult to fit for starters

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 08:40:32 AM »
 lol

RUT!!!

:D

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »
I have no idea what you two are talking about...  :)