Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:52:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Mutineer Cavalry and Naval Brigade  (Read 9398 times)

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
Re: New Mutineer Cavalry and Naval Brigade
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 10:00:37 AM »
WOW!!  :o  :-*
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2010, 10:29:26 AM »
That's an ambitious and appealing list of things to come. One thing I would add would be a pack of civilians for hostage rescue and/or escape scenarios. I'll need to think a bit more about who else I'd like to see other than Flashy, but historical personalities and Lucknow defenders all sound great. He'll, I'll even buy more Gurkhas  ;)

Offline THE CID

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2010, 11:25:44 AM »
MR MUTINEER,,,,,,,,,,,,You are the MAN.     THE CID :D
Ive seen things you people wouldn't believe - Roy Batty.

Offline Happy Wanderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2010, 08:29:59 PM »
Ok it's on the sculpting plan I surrender     ,  It was an experiment went wrong to speed things up, I like Robi's stuff but the style needs to be the same throughout the range.  I, will contact Mike and Put two packs of Gurkhas on the plan,

Brian,

I think that is a wise choice. I applaud your decision to respond to customer concerns and think you’ll see increased sales based upon it.

Whilst we are talking about the Ghurkhas, one point besides the sculpting of those poses I’d also add. Whilst the Kukri is a signature mark of the Gurkha IMO having 1 figure in 4 wielding a kukri when the rest are advancing, to me, is a bad mix.  Can I request that Mr Owen sculpt four advancing/firing type figures like code EIC 1 or EIC 2. These are far more useful IMO whenyou are using 3-4 packs of the same figures in one unit and 1 in 4 is doing something totally different to the other figures..reminds me of the usless figures in Airfix plastic kits, where at least shear variety and cheapness meant you could thrown them away...not so with 1 in 4 from one figure pack code .

we will be launching a new website soon with it's own mutineer forum, and be using more software tools to work with our customers to get feedback and input into the range development.  not to long to go Spring next year, I think we will have all finished we move onto the next big Mutineer project.

still to come
Gurkhas as mentioned
hyderabad lancers
8th hussars
14th lt dragoons
britsh regular firing line
Britsh airpipe helmet
Mutineer artillery crew
Ghazi warriors
lucknow defenders

I take it the Lucknow defenders will be civilian types? If so then perhaps to get maximum utility out of them Mr Owen could consider the original idea of head swaps and maybe even a couple of different weapons packs of such to provide as much variation as possible...the same figure with a different head and weapon painted differently essentially is a new figure...very useful.

Personalities generals
Personalities indian leaders, rani of Jhansi
sappers and mining team assault on kasmir gate
71st highlanders in trews and doublet

It’s all sounding absolutely ‘the business’. With what’s available and what’s to come, there simply is no other Mutiny range that comes close....you’ve nailed it.

I declare 2011 the year of the Mutiny and The Mutineer!

Cheers

HappyW

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 08:36:35 PM by Happy Wanderer »

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2010, 09:08:55 PM »
Ok it's on the scuplting plan I surender lol lol lol lol,  It was an experiment went wrong to speed things up, I like Robi's stuff but the style needs to be the same throughout the range.  I, will contact Mike and Put two packs of Gurkhas on the plan,  

we will be launching a new website soon with it's own mutineer forum, and be using more software tools to work with our customers to get feedback and input into the range development.  not to long to go Spring next year, I think we will have all finnished we move onto the next big Mutineer project.

still to come
Gurkhas as mentioned
hyderabad lancers
8th hussars
14th lt dragoons
britsh regular firing line
Britsh airpipe helmet
Mutineer artillery crew
Ghazi warriors
lucknow defenders
Personalities generals
Personalities indian leaders, rani of Jhansi
sappers and mining team assault on kasmir gate
71st highlanders in trews and doublet

our new bastion has arrived absolutely stunning for our delhi wall range

HOLY Cow! That's quite a list! All sounds good to me especially The Hyderabad Lancers, and the 72nd! Those walls are simply stunning - especially like the Urdu Script on the back - nice touch. I was able to translate it and it says..."Made in SCOT-land" and the other bit says "If you can read this Ferenghi then you are to close" LOL.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 09:10:40 PM by sepoy1857 »
All The Best
Scott Dallimore
Kent-Essex Gaming Society
http://kent-essexgaming.ca/

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 02:20:27 AM »
HW,

Thanks for the response. So far, I have resisted buying the range but have been following it with interest.

My 0.02 - Can we have another pack of figure variants for each of the 2 brit line inf uniform types, short jacket and tunic? 3 variants for each is going to get a little cramped.

And the opportunities for great scenics for this range are unlimited.... and I think untapped by any other manufacturer.

I would probably be more interested in this period for skirmish and personality-driven gaming, rather than conventional wargaming with complete units. If Mutineer chose to take the range in this direction, I would be quite interested.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:25:39 AM by huevans »

Offline Happy Wanderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2010, 03:23:48 AM »
Hi Huevans,

I certainly agree with you and I think Brian ‘Mutineer’ will be adding to the existing line with the firing poses mentioned above – I’m not sure but I suspect that’s what that pack code is going to be like – I hope so!

I think with this extra pack of firing line figures you get a very nice skirmish line effect that greatly enhances usability for both ‘unit based’ gaming and more single figure based games - I hope he puts one or two loading poses in there. By the shape of the intended releases for this range, and the nature of Mutiny itself, the period is eminently suitable for a massed skirmish  type game such as Lardies Sharp Practice system....scenarios abound and are frankly endless.

Whilst many figures can be added a special unit such as the Belooch Battalion would be lovely to have in the range. They for example are very distinctive in their uniform coat and headdress....dark green turban and jackets and red pants...lovely!

Regards

HappyW

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2010, 03:32:53 PM »
I'm only dipping my toe into this range as the figures will be used for VSF and Colonial (but not IM).  I'm really pleased with the figures I've bought so far.  With regards to future releases I could really use some Regular British Infantry, and by this I mean straight off the boat types, with pillbox hats, red tunics, Home Service kit etc.  As in Plate A2 of Osprey MAA 67.  My Canadians need some reinforcements for the Fenian Raids and to assist the British in the conquest of Mars!!
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2010, 03:50:20 PM »
New Ghurkas would be welcome.As well as firing and loading regulars.Don't forget variants for the Sikhs and Highlanders too!
@Sterling Moose
Try the Great War Crimeans in forage cap Moose,it's pretty much a pillbox.I'm mixing my GW and Mutineer for VF too.Mutineer are the Indian Brigade(sent to Lemuria from the subcontinent) and the GW are the Gaurds and Highlanders coming straight from England.

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2010, 04:30:06 PM »
Interesting idea. How do the GW and MM mix?

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2010, 04:51:46 PM »
The height is not a problem but some of the MM sculpts have a little more heft if you know what I mean.All I have with me right now are GW Guards and highlanders to compare to MM native infantry and they are a perfect match.However I seem to remember the MM skirmishing regulars as being bulkier and rather hamfisted(sorry mutineer) compared to the GW line.
I've also ordered some Foundry Crimean(Guards and highlanders) and Mutiny(highlanders only) range to see how they look with the rest.I'm thinking they will be a little small with the GW but be very small compaired to the MM.We'll see.
Not mixing them in units only brigades(for Black Powder) so hoping it will all work :)
Anyway sorry for going OT.The new cav look great!

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2010, 01:04:13 AM »
Fitterpete,

Try the Great War Crimeans in forage cap Moose,it's pretty much a pillbox

Looked at these and the Foundry ones, but the white 'lacing' on the front of the tunics is wrong.  The Foundry IM Brits in pillbox hats are the closest I've found but they come up really diminuative compared with other ranges.

Offline Happy Wanderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2010, 01:09:12 AM »
Sterling Moose

I have bought a few packs of Perry Carlist War Brits. Check out the link for comparison

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=24232.0

I think in a unit by themselves they will fit the bill unless something better comes along.

Happy Wanderer

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2010, 01:18:35 AM »
Agreed Mr W, they're on my 'Want' list - no good for the Fenian Raids though.

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2010, 02:27:47 AM »
Ah yeah your right Moose.I was looking at two of the command figures,they don't have the lace.
Are the Foundry IM figs that small? I ordered some highlanders hope they aren't to tiny.