Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:50:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Mutineer Cavalry and Naval Brigade  (Read 9446 times)

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
Re: New Mutineer Cavalry and Naval Brigade
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 04:20:37 PM »
Flashman???

In a Naval Brigade command pack?  Flashy is a cavalry man, ain't he?  But I hope you're right!  This range really screams out for "personality packs" in general.

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 04:36:16 PM »
In a Naval Brigade command pack?  Flashy is a cavalry man, ain't he?  But I hope you're right!  This range really screams out for "personality packs" in general.

Most of the time, sure. But he's seen his share of infantry and naval fighting, as well as illustrious careers as a diplomat and a slaver, among numerous others. :) So why not the Naval Brigade?

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 05:01:12 PM »
Earlier in the week the Naval command pack was listed on the site, but now it appears to have gone again. It said nothing of Flashy but mentioned something about a bosun with a pet monkey. Maybe that's what he's referring to.  ???
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline the Mutineer

• Bookworm
  • The devils wind
    • Mutineer Miniatures
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 05:33:58 PM »
Earlier in the week the Naval command pack was listed on the site, but now it appears to have gone again. It said nothing of Flashy but mentioned something about a bosun with a pet monkey. Maybe that's what he's referring to.  ???

I put the command on the web site and forgot to set the calendar for the release date so next week i'll have masters blacked up, very pleased with them indeed

on personalities we will have two packs  initially generals and famous Indian types such as Rani of Jansi her horse is being sculpted at the moment. I'm open to ideas on personalities  we have not set this in stone. so post your ideas I'll see what I can do, and of course we will do civilians.

Offline the Mutineer

• Bookworm
  • The devils wind
    • Mutineer Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 05:35:51 PM »
I put the command on the web site and forgot to set the calendar for the release date so next week i'll have masters blacked up, very pleased with them indeed

on personalities we will have two packs  initially generals and famous Indian types such as Rani of Jansi her horse is being sculpted at the moment. I'm open to ideas on personalities  we have not set this in stone. so post your ideas I'll see what I can do, and of course we will do civilians.

I'm going to try some survey through our constant contact system to get some feedback on the make up of figure packs  A liittle experiment in getting customers involved in developing the range now I have the technology to do so.

Offline mdomino

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 05:37:47 PM »
Have to agree. The more I look at the horses I realize in the standing pack the one leaning forward looks a bit strange. Overall though, great effort and can't wait til these arrive in the US. Going to be a spendy season.
M

Offline Happy Wanderer

• Mad Scientist
Re: New Mutineer Cavalry and Naval Brigade...those Gurkhas!
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 07:18:41 PM »
Brian,

That all sounds great.

I'm going to ask of the group and you in general are we, as Mutineer customers, happy with the Gurkhas?

Whilst they are nicely sculpted figures for mine they are too 'pulpy'

They have beig faces, hands and they 're squat and IMO look nothing like what I perceive a slighter Gurkha to look like. They are heavier and chunkier than the beautiful M Owen sculpted figures in the rest of the range.

Any chance, you would redo these figures as this is a Marquee unit and one I simply can;t bring myself to buying and putting in with the rest of this lovely range.

I offer this a customer feedback only...I think M Owen sculpted Gurkhas would be a great addition to the range. He certainly couldn't;t have done the existing ones.

Eagerly awaiting the next releases.

Regards

Happy W

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2010, 07:49:53 PM »
"...are we, as Mutineer customers, happy with the Gurkhas?"

The Gurkhas are fine. In fact, I like them. It's a different sculpting style for sure, but they will be in separate units anyway. They paint up quite nicely.

I would much rather see forward progress on the range and the personality packs coming sooner rather than backtracking to redo a pack simply because it doesn't suit some people's personal taste. (No offense, but these things can be a bit subjective.)

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 05:33:57 AM »
Lardies Sharp Practice for the Indian Mutiny; in last year's Christmas' Cracker Special.
All The Best
Scott Dallimore
Kent-Essex Gaming Society
http://kent-essexgaming.ca/

Offline Armchair

• Assistant
Re: New Mutineer Cavalry and Naval Brigade...those Gurkhas!
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 08:14:16 AM »
I'm going to ask of the group and you in general are we, as Mutineer customers, happy with the Gurkhas?

Not me at all.

If it was 1985 I'd be very pleased with them - But as it is I stand one against one of the Mike Owen Mutineers and weep for what could have been.

Offline Totleben

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
  • Mad wallah, resident sebastokrator
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 08:23:57 AM »
famous Indian types such as Rani of Jansi her horse
Still better  :-* :-*

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 02:05:18 PM »

Well a Bosun with a monkey would do just fine.

Offline THE CID

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2010, 02:18:58 PM »
Hi  Having bought most packs of Mutineer figs, I too dont care much for the Gurkhas. The rank and file are OK, but I dont like the officer at all. As there were 2 different regiments of Gurkhas involved in the mutiny. Would it be possible for Mr Owen to sculpt the other one. Then customers could choose, this other regiment could wear the tall cap cover.
By the way, I  think the cavalry are spot on, and cannot wait for more to appear.    THE CID.
Ive seen things you people wouldn't believe - Roy Batty.

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 03:59:29 AM »
Hi  Having bought most packs of Mutineer figs, I too dont care much for the Gurkhas. The rank and file are OK, but I dont like the officer at all. As there were 2 different regiments of Gurkhas involved in the mutiny. Would it be possible for Mr Owen to sculpt the other one. Then customers could choose, this other regiment could wear the tall cap cover.
By the way, I  think the cavalry are spot on, and cannot wait for more to appear.    THE CID.

El Cid: I have to agree with you and Happy Wanderer; I don't care for the other sculptor's work. I'm not sure I'd go as far as to ask Brian to have the code redone. Maybe at some point he could offer an additional pack done by Mike (?). At least Ghurkers are so popular that both packs will likely sell very well.

Offline the Mutineer

• Bookworm
  • The devils wind
    • Mutineer Miniatures
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 09:00:27 AM »
Ok it's on the scuplting plan I surender lol lol lol lol,  It was an experiment went wrong to speed things up, I like Robi's stuff but the style needs to be the same throughout the range.  I, will contact Mike and Put two packs of Gurkhas on the plan, 

we will be launching a new website soon with it's own mutineer forum, and be using more software tools to work with our customers to get feedback and input into the range development.  not to long to go Spring next year, I think we will have all finnished we move onto the next big Mutineer project.

still to come
Gurkhas as mentioned
hyderabad lancers
8th hussars
14th lt dragoons
britsh regular firing line
Britsh airpipe helmet
Mutineer artillery crew
Ghazi warriors
lucknow defenders
Personalities generals
Personalities indian leaders, rani of Jhansi