Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:33:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Flying Lead  (Read 6024 times)

Offline Lindegaard2007

• Librarian
Flying Lead
« on: December 12, 2010, 12:12:25 AM »
Hi there:-)

Have any of your guys tried Flying Lead from Ganesha games???

Thinking of using it for some modern african skirmish:-)

Lars

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
Re: Flying Lead
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 07:09:22 AM »
While I have not played "Flying Lead", I HAVE gotten and played their "Mutants with Death Ray Guns" & "Fear and Faith" rules. Knowing those rules I can say I think you'll enjoy the game.

You might get more info here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=17214.0
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 07:11:36 AM by warrenss2 »
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Offline Johan

• Scientist
    • http://www.tsoa.be
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 07:46:11 AM »
Great rules for a few hours of fun

Offline barrass

• Student
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 08:07:24 AM »
Hi there, have used these rules for numerous backgrounds and they work well, they are quick, fun and very easy to learn, but complex enough to make you think.

There is a link on the Genesha games website that allows you to design your own troops, weapons and tanks,etc.

Thanks Jef

Offline Pentaro

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 11:27:25 AM »
I really like them. They work best if you have different characters with different skills and weapons.

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 11:50:15 AM »
I agree, all of the ganesha games are by far best if you keep your troops varied. I for instance for songs of blades and heroes have a undead arband with no more then two of the same models in it. I also have a dwarf warband which has 4 wariors with identical stats and two identical crosbowmen, the undead are far more fun to play. (I really should post pictures of those warbands some time.)

I also have Flying lead but havent had a chance to play it yet. I am currently trying to figure out how to get a good batlesuit working.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 12:46:40 PM »
I've got Flying Lead but haven't tried it out yet. I'm looking to use the rules for "military" Star Wars gaming - ie no jedi or over the top battle droids. Regular imperial and rebel grunts, with some fringe thrown from time to time. Got the minis, got the basic rule set and now I just need stats and rules for the troops... Unfortunately, any SW rules for Flying Lead I've seen are balanced from a jedi point of view. Ie regular troopers are cannon (well, lightsabre) fodder thus very feeble stats wise.

Any hints on how to stat things up (troopers with blasters, heavy weapons + officers, possibly scouts as well) would be greatly appreciated.
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 12:49:38 PM »
isnt there a sci-fi book for flying lead in the pipeline? If not there really should be I say!

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 01:41:19 PM »
isnt there a sci-fi book for flying lead in the pipeline? If not there really should be I say!
Sort of... Ganesha is doing a dedicated sci-fi book but I'm pretty sure it won't be ready for christmas. I have a mate coming over in the days between christmas and new years. As both are SW buffs it would be nice to do a small skirmish.

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 03:05:18 PM »
I'm waiting for their "Mighty Monsters" to come out. My boys and their friends love that giant monster combat stuff!

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 04:17:24 PM »
I'm waiting for their "Mighty Monsters" to come out.
Hear hear, the page on it was updates at some point and it now says they will also make a sister book called mighty mecha, compatible of course. Which only makes me want it more. Heck I have already begun picking up models for both monsters and army forces.

I've got Flying Lead but haven't tried it out yet. I'm looking to use the rules for "military" Star Wars gaming - ie no jedi or over the top battle droids. Regular imperial and rebel grunts, with some fringe thrown from time to time. Got the minis, got the basic rule set and now I just need stats and rules for the troops... Unfortunately, any SW rules for Flying Lead I've seen are balanced from a jedi point of view. Ie regular troopers are cannon (well, lightsabre) fodder thus very feeble stats wise.

I might do some thinking on this tomorrow, right now my mind is in a bit of a shamble and I have printed out the rules and only looked the over. Still I find figuring builds in ganesha games a very fun aspect.

Actually, I would say that what you are planning to do is far more suited for flying lead than any fight including Jedi (for that, savage worlds showdown is very suited btw)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 07:13:38 AM »
I might do some thinking on this tomorrow, right now my mind is in a bit of a shamble and I have printed out the rules and only looked the over. Still I find figuring builds in ganesha games a very fun aspect.

Appreciate the help mate, very much!

Actually, I would say that what you are planning to do is far more suited for flying lead than any fight including Jedi (for that, savage worlds showdown is very suited btw)
Another rule system I've got but haven't tried (yet). I'm drawn in by the RPG flavour.

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 01:35:23 PM »
Appreciate the help mate, very much!

This is something I might do for fun anyway, only I dont have any SW models, so now I can do it and help somebody.

Ok, I have read trough the rules again and I feel confident I can give you some help. First things first, a list of things I will need to know.

Size of the game, there are some rules to make small games (less then 10 models) more interesting, also at that level giving every model a name and a bit of a personal touch in the stats can make for a very interesting game.

What models do you have and how many, there is some leeway and if one side turns out to cost twice as much as the other its not much fun either. Also a quick description of how you see them could help, the biggest point here is training level and equipment, I would say imperial troops are better trained and equipped tough I can imagine some people bringing up the whole failing rifle discussion and the fact that the armor doesn't seem to do anything.

Offline A_Train

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
I've owned Flying Lead for almost a year and have yet to play it.  I've read through the rules and they look great, but I just don't have a good terrain for it (nor models for that matter).  I've completely put off playing the game until I've managed to pull together some buildings and terrain obstacles, and THEN I'll have to purchase either some military or modern police/gangs and paint them up for some scenarios.
Then I can play, heh.

Offline Whiskyrat

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 05:32:35 PM »
I would say imperial troops are better trained and equipped tough I can imagine some people bringing up the whole failing rifle discussion and the fact that the armor doesn't seem to do anything.

It would depend on which stormtroopers you are modelling.  ;)

The 501st legion (up to the Battle of Endor) was the last remnant of the Grand Army of the Republic and composed entirely of Jango Fett clones, whereas other legions were composed of fewer Fett clones with born recruits/conscripts and clones from different templates making up the majority.