Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:13:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 03/26/24 The Twisted Tower photo stage update  (Read 1148954 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 7/8/13: Visitors to The Woods
« Reply #1215 on: July 09, 2013, 03:30:46 PM »
Thanks for ALL the WONDERFUL replies...they are a TERRIFIC boost to my motivation & self esteem (delusion).

Great painting, DeafNala! I love the Warrior of Darkness!

Thanks, Princess. Here are a couple of better(?) photos just for you:

Maybe the Shaman's name is No-time Toulouse?

Thanks, Fram...that was a GREAT start to the day! The Gun Fight was hilarious.

I think the shading on the Warrior is awesome! Great coloring for an orc, too. It's neat to see Greenskins brown. I have a thing for brown...

And the heads on the goblin's standard are a nice touch!

One day a couple of years ago I was about to do up a yet more Goblins for my Ever Victorious aka Never Used Night Goblin Horde from HELL! when the thought entered my head "why are you doing their skin in God-Awful-Green?". Since I couldn't come up with an answer, I started doing the hitherto Green Guys in other, more natural & pleasing colors.
Here's a better look at Sam the Sham(an):

It's lovely to be so inspirational! *blushing* This is a fantastic vignette to enjoy after 10 days of work! Thanks for sharing.

Jevenkah

You, Himself, & your Crew including the Young 'uns are a continual source of inspiration & motivation. I just thought you should know that.

The little guy with the banner is gruesomely sweet looking. The colours-just my kind of thing. And the Amazons are bold looking Babes. So nice to see you adding some new figures to your world :D :D

It's going to get worse. I addition to new stuff, I realized I have quite a horde of minis yet to be subjected to my truly mediocre photographic skills....insert sinister music here.

Love the Orc and Gobbo, amigo.
I cannot see the Babes, but I assume they will be just as finely brushed, they just seem a little shy, hiding in the dark like that....

I took some additional photos of the Hooligan Sisterhood. They turned out to be incredibly unflattering. I'll try again when the shock wears off.

This thread remains ever brilliant. Please put me in your will for this terrain board.  :-*

You've got it! I'm sure they'd love life in Belgium...so would I for that matter.

AND our own aggro84 sent me this LOVELY miniature in the Spirit of Good Fellowship. SO here are a couple of (poor) photos of Chicken Girl:

The Woods is a better place for her presence.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 04:10:08 PM by DeafNala »
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1216 on: July 09, 2013, 03:54:27 PM »
Chicken Girl looks like she knows how to do the Funky Chicken.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1217 on: July 09, 2013, 04:09:20 PM »
Chicken Girl looks like she knows how to do the Funky Chicken.

Now that you mention it, she does...we may be the only two people left who remember The Funky Chicken.
I had a boss who expended enormous amounts of energy running around without purpose & stopping only to annoy his crew; he got the nickname "Psycho Chicken"; that might be a number Chicken Girl could handle also.

Offline Painting Princess

• Scientist
    • My painting blog
« Reply #1218 on: July 10, 2013, 05:21:44 AM »
Thanks, Princess. Here are a couple of better(?) photos just for you:

Thanks for the close-ups! Can see the detail better :-) and the scary, yawning mouth cave entrance (I think?) in the background!
The Princess Diaries (painting blog): http://painting-princess.blogspot.com.au/
Battle of Frogonia blog: http://battle-of-frogonia.blogspot.com.au/
Z Scale Steam Ventures (model railway blog): http://steam-ventures.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #1219 on: July 10, 2013, 05:27:52 AM »
It's been awhile since I last posted on this thread; glad to see it's still cracking along :)

Lovely work mate :-*
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline **GS**

• Mad Scientist
  • never enough time
    • Spitl.de
« Reply #1220 on: July 10, 2013, 05:36:45 AM »
Hi there,
some lovely figures you present to us here. I just love the shaman for boasting his knowledge of a foreign tongue :)

The orc comes from one of my favorite ranges.
Both are well done and correspond greatly with your personal style.

Keep it up

GS
"You don't have enough magic in you to make cereals into breakfast!"Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1221 on: July 10, 2013, 03:18:27 PM »
Thanks for all the kind remarks...you've made my day again!

Thanks for the close-ups! Can see the detail better :-) and the scary, yawning mouth cave entrance (I think?) in the background!

The Goblin Gate (looks more like a Vampire Gate to moi) is by Scotia Grendel. It's part of the Goblin Torture Chamber:

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=227_41&products_id=2669

I bought two of them in the distant past when the Gate was sold separately. The torture chamber stuff is cool though; I also have a set of them still unpainted...I'm not into pain I guess.

It's been awhile since I last posted on this thread; glad to see it's still cracking along :)

Lovely work mate :-*

Thanks, Blackwolf! I'm not all that great lately about posting comments either. With moi it's more a case of senility than writer's block.
I can safely say that I'll keep posting as long as the PC & my heart hold up.

Hi there,
some lovely figures you present to us here. I just love the shaman for boasting his knowledge of a foreign tongue :)

The orc comes from one of my favorite ranges.
Both are well done and correspond greatly with your personal style.

Keep it up

GS

I'm glad you like the stuff, GS. There should be YET MORE surrealistic silliness coming your way, hopefully, soon.
I also am a Fan of Rackham minis. It's taken me quite awhile to overcome the intimidation caused by all that detail...well one done anyway.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 03:29:22 PM by DeafNala »

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Two new Denizens of the Spooky Woods have shown up...they'll be photographed in the Woods once their associates are painted.

The first is a West Wind's Goblin (he's about the size of a G.W. Orc). My amigo Mason's Lunatic was the inspiration to the piece...

Who goes there?:

AND the first Faerie spotted this season is the rare Pat-Benatar Grig:

I feel I've reached new heights of mediocrity with these photos. That aside, your kind comments are as always requested. 

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Hit me with your best shot! I think the pictures are great! There's nice color and sharpness to show off the awesome character of these minis. I love the brushwork on the wings.

Thanks for bringing us more mushroom inspired fantasia!
Jevenkah

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
  • Bhí mé ag ól uisce beatha
    • Black Swan Painting
I wouldn't want to tap that first one on the back even in daylight. It looks like it could make a meal out of me :D :D Your faerie turned out splendidly. She's got some serious attitude going on and she does resemble Pat too :D

The brushwork on these is great and the personality you impart to your figures is unforgettable :D :D :D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks, Jevenkah & O'Leary! I'm delighted you like the pair.
Once I got Pat's photo without the Zombie like dark circles under her eyes that only The Camera could see, I was happy enough with the photos.

I wouldn't want to tap that first one on the back even in daylight.

Having him whirl around was what I had in mind when I put the photos in that order...the crazed look is even more intimidating in person.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
 :-*  :-*

Deafnala I like how you manage to paint flesh that is pumped with blood. The rediness brings a vitality to your scary creations. Well done sir, I think the fairy is my favourite, and I'd say it's because of the etherial wings you painted. They both look boss, and should be able to survive the spooky forest no problem ;) the mushrooms better look out!

Cheers
Matt

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Some wonderful additions, Amigo!
Love that Fairy, the wings look great and provide a lovely contrast to the rest of her.
 :-*

As for your Lunatic: He is far scarier than mine!
 :o

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks, Matt! Life is becoming more hazardous for the Fungi with each new arrival. Now I'm toying with the idea of Goblin Faeries from HELL! The reemergence of Pumpkin Heads is also imminent. AND I picked up a bunch of 2'X2'X1" pink foam boards. That ought to keep me out of trouble...or not.

Thanks, Paul...glad you like them.

As for your Lunatic: He is far scarier than mine!
 :o

Funny thing is, if I could have thought of a way to do it, I would have swapped out the dagger for a ball bearing filled Vorpal Teddy Bear.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
The lunatic is awersome... great eyes!

What's the source for both of those figures? I was wondering if anyone made faeries of the "half-insect" variety.