Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:51:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 03/26/24 The Twisted Tower photo stage update  (Read 1148801 times)

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/21/13: The Pixies Have Landed
« Reply #1365 on: October 22, 2013, 02:23:19 AM »
Nice work yet again DeafNala.
I love the old hag and the pixies!
 :-*

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1366 on: October 22, 2013, 01:47:10 PM »
Thanks, aggro! I'm glad you like the Girls...they're always up for a compliment.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1367 on: October 22, 2013, 05:20:13 PM »
They look like the type to hang around Mother Josephine's bar, asking the soon-to-be-disappeared unwary if they'd like a "taste".

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1368 on: October 22, 2013, 06:40:37 PM »
They look like the type to hang around Mother Josephine's bar, asking the soon-to-be-disappeared unwary if they'd like a "taste".

They do have a "looking for a good time, sailor?" look to them. Once I finish the other buildings for Mother Jo's I'll install them in the area.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/29/13: Two New Infestations...Hovels
« Reply #1369 on: October 29, 2013, 02:58:22 PM »
Two new hovels have sprung up Mushroom like in the Shanty Town adjoining Ma Jo's Mushroom. To commemorate the occasion I thought some photos were in order. SO here's a Tour of the place:

There now, that wasn't so bad...mostly.
As always your kind commentary would be most welcome.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #1370 on: October 29, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »
Oh this is going to look sooooo good once you have a respectable little shantytown built up. Some brilliant multi-level gaming possibilities too.

I also love how this mushroom house has been built into the shantytown. While it'll be good for you to have a couple more shacks, have you thought about one or two more notable "reclaimed" landmarks for the town? How much bigger do you think you're going to make this? Five shacks? Seven? Ten-ish?

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1371 on: October 29, 2013, 04:06:14 PM »
Thanks, Fram...I'm glad you like it! It's hard to see, but I took your suggestion about a backdoor & added trapdoors with ladder access to the elevated shacks.

There should be quite a few more shacks going into the mix. I'd like to have a couple of tenements...stacked up shacks with connecting & suitably rickety walkways at higher levels. I could start a shack-count like the rivet counts in VSF posts. Shack Count= 3  + 1 Mushroom.

I'm not sure what you mean about be reclaimed landmarks, but it sounds interesting.

The next board over will be the Old Graveyard that the Goblins have inhabited (along with the Restless Mostly Dead). It will be a source of repurposed housing & building materials.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #1372 on: October 29, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »
The tenement idea sounds great and a perfect fit.

What I meant by reclaimed is, the mushroom was clearly growing there before the shantytown sprung up, but it has clearly been "claimed" by the town and is now built into it. Maybe one or two other features that predate the town would work. An old tree with the crown sawed off supporting a higher shack, another mushroom (perhaps a "damaged" or "repaired" one? That would be new), a big rock that had to be built around, even a petrified monster (or not-so-fossilized) that has long since stopped moving. Whatever it was, it was there long before this nasty little town oozed it's way in, but wasn't strong enough to stop it.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1373 on: October 29, 2013, 04:30:08 PM »
Thanks again, Fram. I have a Tree that I've been thinking of adding; it would fit with the reclamation idea. The rock pile or a partially buried statue of immense size is also an interesting possibility.

When I have the walkways down pat, I'm going to start adding them to the Maudeheim/Goblin King board. Combats on rickety bridges 2' over the unforgiving rock floor can be exciting.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #1374 on: October 29, 2013, 04:53:46 PM »
Great stuff, Al.
I love all those walkways.

That is something that I need to make more of for my own version of Mordy, as I dont feel I have enough of that crazy, multi-level action going on.

When I have the walkways down pat, I'm going to start adding them to the Maudeheim/Goblin King board. Combats on rickety bridges 2' over the unforgiving rock floor can be exciting.

Not to mention deadly!
I look forward to you moving back to Maudeheim in the future.
Walkways will look wonderful strewn across those chasms.
 8)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #1375 on: October 29, 2013, 05:20:48 PM »
Thanks again, Fram. I have a Tree that I've been thinking of adding; it would fit with the reclamation idea. The rock pile or a partially buried statue of immense size is also an interesting possibility.

Well, an important aspect of any shantytown is the use of bits other folks have thrown away or ignored. ;)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1376 on: October 29, 2013, 08:27:58 PM »
Great stuff, Al.
I love all those walkways.

That is something that I need to make more of for my own version of Mordy, as I dont feel I have enough of that crazy, multi-level action going on.

Not to mention deadly!
I look forward to you moving back to Maudeheim in the future.
Walkways will look wonderful strewn across those chasms.
 8)

Thanks, Paul...glad you like the walkways.The tricky part with Maudhem is that the higher levels have to be removable to enable the board to be moved out of the house.

A board I did for an erstwhile friend had lots of connections to building at dizzying heights. Extra points were gained for combat depending on just how far off the ground they occurred...an incentive for the insane.

Well, an important aspect of any shantytown is the use of bits other folks have thrown away or ignored. ;)

Amen to that. Liberated material fits with my Fantasy Post Apocalypse theme AND with the Goblin persona....plus the adjoining graveyard should have all sorts of usable stuff that the occupant aren't using anymore. I'm just not sure what elements I'll add to this board.

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #1377 on: October 29, 2013, 08:56:43 PM »
DeafNala again your work is inspiring as usual...

great to see the work you do and your terrain is freakkin awesome....

if you talk to that Mord guy tell him to answer his dam emails.

keep up the amazing work will watch this thread for all of your modelling glory..

LGW

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1378 on: October 29, 2013, 09:23:04 PM »
Thanks, L.G.! I'm glad you like the stuff!

It's been quite some time since I've heard from the Mad Molina Man. I know from a Google photo thingy I got that he is still among the living & apparently busy with his new job. Other than that I haven't received any responses to emails or P.Ms either.

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #1379 on: October 29, 2013, 09:45:58 PM »
a bit sad... that he has left the community.

Glad to see your still kicking around and doing amazing work... i have always loved your style of modelling and painting...

LGW