Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:50:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Newline/Mongrel Congo range  (Read 3743 times)

Offline timg

• Scientist
Newline/Mongrel Congo range
« on: February 19, 2011, 02:28:13 PM »
Hi Gang,

Anyone know whats happened to these figures?

cheers Tim

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Newline/Mongrel Congo range
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 02:35:14 PM »
I believe Newline Designs now sell them within the U.K either way the bloke who did own them sold them of to another bloke in the U.S though I am sure you already know that. I wouldn't know abount the Congo range though, I swear Newline designs did sell them?

If not then given that range was probably only just coming about when Mongrol had its hiccup, I am betting they are probably still awaiting release or may never see the shelves. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 02:37:05 PM by Brummie »

Offline timg

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 02:46:03 PM »
Cheers Brummie, I can live in hope they will be introduced then, maybe Newline will bring them out over time.

Offline Reuben

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 02:58:48 PM »
When Newline Designs first started stocking Mongrel Miniatures they did indeed have some of the Congo range.
They had the mercenaries in stock, I'm so sure about the Congolese though.
It would be well worth sending Newline an email, see if they plan on restocking them in the near future.

Offline saltflats1929

• Student
    • blog
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 07:02:49 PM »
There was a company selling the Congo mercs at Historicon last year but I can't remember their name, sorry.   At least they are out there....somewhere.

Offline Emphatz

• Bookworm
    • My Miniatures Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 08:28:48 AM »
I sent him an email regarding his Arab minis, and he replied by saying that he has found it progressivly harder to contact the supplier of these minis, so he removed them from the web page, he also said that if he ever had any luck getting more supplies of them, then he would put them back on the web page, perhaps this is also the case with the congo range ?

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 09:54:43 AM »
That makes sense, I notice that some of the original Russian codes have disappeared too. If memory serves, the guy in the US that bought the masters/ moulds from Mongrel seems to have had his head up his arse regarding distribution and sales. It was at least a year  or more before they came available via Newline. Pity, it's a great range of figures.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Online v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 01:07:17 PM »
I've had a chat with Newline about this range recently, and they're not expecting any more stock in any time soon.

As the range itself goes, I recently saw a photo of a congo merc with Uzi from Mongrel, which I haven't seen from anywhere else. Upon enquiry, it appers he was purchased from their US show stockist.
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 02:53:05 PM »
Yeah, it's exactly the same problem that prompted the change from Mongrel Miniatures's last distributor. They were available, sold out pretty quickly and Newline haven't been able to contact the owner to restock. Fair play to Newline though for keeping only what they do have available on their website, rather than having people put in orders and only getting part of it and a refund.

They are a great range of figures, I also wanted the Congo figures, but all I have are the photos (except the one of the Uzi armed figures oddly). If you want to see them, they are here.

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 08:53:11 PM »
I sooo wanted some of those. :?
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 09:19:30 PM »
Certainly no criticism of Newline implied. Isn't the guy in the US the one that owns the rights to Pontoonier Miniatures? I had heard is own sales technique revolved around sporadic attendance at US shows with sample stock. If you want some Third Burma War figures might be best to get them now, while you can.

Offline geoffb

• Librarian
    • hamandjam.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 04:06:57 PM »
I picked some Mongrel Miniatures at Crusade - I didn't realise that it would be difficult to get more? I notice they are on the petite side of 28mm than some. Anyone know whats a good match for them?
Particularly interested in Arab militia and European/Arabic mercenary types.
I came, I saw, I went home again..

Online v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 04:11:54 PM »
Things have brightened up a bit, and Newline seem to have a slightly more ready supply of stock. The best fit in terms of size are the MoFo figures available from Gripping beast and the Brooks figures, currently availble through Old Glory Uk (although, the full range isn't available due to some requiring remastering)

This link has a size comparison:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/neil.shuck/modrev.html

for what it's worth, I happily mix them with TAG, Brittanai & MoFo... but then, I'm not massively sensative to scaling issues....