Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:42:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Eolith 30mm resin zombies on pre-order... with three new zombies...  (Read 3492 times)

Offline SteveB

• Student
    • Eolith Miniatures

Today we have a limited release pack of 30mm zombies. There are six figures in the set and they are lovingly cast in resin for the absolute optimum in quality. Three of these are resin versions of the metal zombies already available through Eolith and the other three are brand new figures (Little girl zombie? Yes, I went there).

Now the situation is this. I will produce no more than 100 of these sets but am not guaranteeing that 100 will be cast. I will take orders for the set until one of two things happen...

1. I reach 100 sets sold.

2. Sales stop coming in. I'll not keep the edition open.

The reason for doing this is that resin figures are VERY expensive to produce compared to metal and I cannot afford to cast a large run and then have them sitting in a cupboard. Instead my caster will be producing short runs to satisfy demand as it comes. Even if I sell all 100 sets the profits made will probably not do much but recover the sculpting time for them (assuming that I only have to pay off my time for sculpting the new three ones. If I was trying to get paid for all six I'd have no hope).

These figures are not an absolute limited edition. I do have a plan for the use of these figures but it's a long way off. I'll also mention that I have no immediate plans to cast the new three figures in metal.

The upshot of all of this is, if you want the figures anytime soon, this is the only way to get them and you should buy quickly. Just to remind you, if sales dip down too low, I will end the edition early. Sorry if this all seems like a complicated way to do things but it's the best way given my current situation and plans.

These figures are currently on pre-order and the first production run is underway and should arrive soon. I should also mention that, alas, the profit margins on this set mean that I really can't afford to make these available via my trade accounts..

Given that I'm doing things in a weird way, feel free to query what I've written. It makes sense to me but I might be a little biased...

www.eolithminiatures.com
My own minis company  http://www.eolithminiatures.com/

Offline blackstone

• Mastermind
    • Toad King Castings
Re: Eolith 30mm resin zombies on pre-order... with three new zombies...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »
Cracking set of zombies. The pitted, rotten flesh is sweet.  :)

Offline Knightofspades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 02:18:11 AM »
Are you still selling these figures? I tired the link but it was inactive.

Offline stroblight

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 02:22:09 AM »
I believe Eolith miniatures is now closed as the sculptor moved on to work full time for GW.  These sculpts may now be available from Heresy Miniatures though.

Offline geronimo

• Scientist
    • Fenris Games eBay store
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 07:41:03 AM »
I believe Eolith miniatures is now closed as the sculptor moved on to work full time for GW.  These sculpts may now be available from Heresy Miniatures though.

Yup, Heresy bought most of the Spyglass 28mm range, these zeds included.

Offline Knightofspades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 02:21:34 AM »
Thanks for the info.  :)