Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:19:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Father of Sorrows  (Read 4363 times)

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
Father of Sorrows
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:33:36 AM »
Well, here is a figure I painted up this week while trying to pass a 9mm kidney stone.

He's my replacement figure for my D&D 4th edition character Jagger Kilmane, Father of Sorrows.

My blog is also updated with info and other pics at http://4sparta.blogspot.com/

As always, comments/criticisms are welcomed.
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
Re: Father of Sorrows
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 03:59:58 AM »
Whats up Faust! I really like this guy, he has a lot of detail. I like the fact that he is pointing 'I'm comin' to get ya'. My favorite feature is the black/grey crest on the helmet; great stuff.

Cheers
Damien

p.s. just re-read your post, some how I missed the part with the kidney stone. My girlfriend suffered two of those in two years (one needed surgury). I feel for you, they look really painful.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 04:08:37 AM »
Yeah man i am loving him as well.
Loving the finger too. But i see it more like "Hey, was it you that scribbled my name on the bathroom wall?"  :-)
Nice to see you can concentrate and paint at the same time as passing a stone. I have never passed a stone but i cant tell ya it is murder for me to paint. :-) The colors look nice, nothing out of the lines. All flowing very nicely.

Grimm

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 01:13:08 PM »
I dig figs that point.  He has a power called 'Come and get it!' in the game.  I reckon his stance says it all!

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 01:28:07 PM »
That's an intersting model and well painted. Good work! I like the attitude he depicts.
Good luck with that stone... ouch....
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline assi

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »
Like it, thats a Reaper Conversion, right? I'd say the is Head swapped and you changed the daggers to sabers?
Oh sure. Everybody's in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it in the body of a Great White Shark, ooh, suddenly you've gone too far

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 07:14:45 PM »
That's correct.  The half orc thief by Tre Manor from the Reaper line is the body.  The head is from Reaper's hats & helmets blister, and the blades are from Dark Elf Executioners by GW.

Yeah, and the stone is no fun.  This is one group that understands what things look like in millimeters!  :o

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 07:21:41 PM »
 :o Wow didn't even realize that the mini was a frankenstein! I assumed it was a new Reaper mini that I didn't know about. Good work on the conversions, makes the mini even cooler.

Damien

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 05:00:15 AM »
Thanks.  I love converting minis to make them my own.  And when I do, I want them to have a certain gravitas.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 05:48:39 PM »
*GEEK ALERT*

So my newly painted Jagger Kilmane here hits the table monday night for our D&D game.  Our Ranger's player Jim, tells me to look out because I might have Striker envy tonight with the large amounts of damage Angvar is going to dish out.

Well, yes, Angvar did hit 65 points of damage in one attack that night.  But the Man of the Match was Jagger.  I rolled 5 20's in a single combat encounter!  In one charge attack on the back of a Phantom Steed Jagger dished 60 points of damage to a Troll. 60 points from a Defender!

He was a cyclone of death.  He was the Father of Sorrows....

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 10:41:18 PM »
That doesn't look like a conversion at all, great work!  Painting is excellent too.  I don't think there has been a cooler helmet in human history than that of the greek hoplite.
Jim

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 01:20:09 AM »
5 20's?! Thats is pracitcally impossible, you have to go out right now and buy a lottery ticket.   >:D

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 06:48:46 AM »
Actually Damien, I used all my remaining luck on passing my kidney stone yesterday.  Tomorrow I'll post a pic to my blog.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 11:37:59 PM »
Actually Damien, I used all my remaining luck on passing my kidney stone yesterday.  Tomorrow I'll post a pic to my blog.

Oh, u kept the stone?  :-)

Grimm

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 08:29:59 AM »
Yeah I kept it.  We had a biopsy on the one they extracted 10 months ago, so we know what kind I make.

I'm going to put it on my scenery base on the model of my hammer wielding warrior priest that is next in line to paint.