Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689737
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 821
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Black Day at Garmsir - Force-on-Force AAR  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Donogh

• Librarian
    • Land War in Asia
Black Day at Garmsir - Force-on-Force AAR
« on: March 10, 2011, 01:26:49 PM »
Force-on-Force game report from Leprecon

Part I - Person of Interest

Intelligence assets have identified a senior Al-Qaeda figure hiding out in Garmsir. A cordon has been thrown around the area, and a platoon of Royal Marines has been sent in to capture the person-of-interest.

British fireteam in centre of village spots Taliban leader about to escape in technical. The Toyota takes a lof of fire from both sides and crew are beaten back from .50 cal.

Read full report with more photos at:
http://donoghmccarthy.blogspot.com/2011/03/person-of-interest.html

Part II - Charlie Foxtrot

An American Chinook has gone down outside Garmsir due to enemy fire. The crew and on-board sniper team have evacuated the area and have made their way to the outskirts of the town. All forces in the local area have been scrambled to intervene as there is no QRF available.

More here
http://donoghmccarthy.blogspot.com/2011/03/charlie-foxtrot.html

The SAS team in the area quickly drive their SUV up to one of the small houses and occupy the rooftop

Part III - Ambush Alley

The British attempt to assert local dominance by sending in an armoured column. The Taliban have other ideas and bring some serious firepower to bear, as well as setting up roadblocks and IEDs along the route.
http://donoghmccarthy.blogspot.com/2011/03/ambush-alley.html

"We just rolled over an IED, didn't we..."

[*Apologies for the highly original scenario name - I will try harder next time!]

Part IV - Clean-Up

With the battle for Garmsir lost, Taliban forces are attempting to escape the cordon which ISAF have set up.
http://donoghmccarthy.blogspot.com/2011/03/clean-up.html

British gain high ground overlooking trees. Though at this stage the GPMG team and its supporting fireteam can't draw a bead on the Taliban inside the orchard.

So there we have it. I think a draw overall for the Taliban - they lost their esteemed leader, but inflicted some serious casualties on the British (Won 2, Lost 2 over the weekend). I had a blast, getting players for each of my slots easily enough, and playing with some people who've been threatening for ages.

[You may notice I used the same layout as in the previous scenario - that was planned, given the frenetic pace I had to do set-ups at Gaelcon, I decided well in advance to give myself a bit of an easy time on Sunday afternoon]

I'll be posting a pdf of the campaign (nothing as complex as Wilson's Wadi) tomorrow or Saturday. Thanks for reading!
My Wargaming Blog:  Land War in Asia

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Black Day at Garmsir - Force-on-Force AAR
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 11:18:36 AM »
Nice looking game. I have found that Modern Conflicts in miniature wargaming are becoming far more popular with the younger generations (or my own generations), people these days are far more influenced by Call of Duty to the point they can't even get their heads around previous eras.

But its a start. I myself do like a lot of Modern stuff available out there Elheim, S&S especially for 20mm and Empress for 28mm. Planning to do an Ambush alley skirmish game sometime soon.

Great stuff, love the Warrior!

Offline Donogh

• Librarian
    • Land War in Asia
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 11:51:52 AM »
Glad you like it - and that you're getting some interest in your neck of the woods. I love Elheim's new ranges too

1st Scenario is over here (pdf to everything at the bottom of the post)
http://donoghmccarthy.blogspot.com/2011/03/black-day-at-garmsir-campaign-scenarios.html

Cheers
Donogh

Offline Sendak

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 03:27:24 PM »
Terrain is terrif!

Good pics too.Thanks.

I have FoF on my short list of 'things to purchase'.

What scale armor? Source?

Thanks,
Sanders
"Primative life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare, some would say it has yet to occur on earth." Stephen Hawking

Offline Donogh

• Librarian
    • Land War in Asia
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 04:04:41 PM »

What scale armor? Source?

Thanks,
Sanders

It's all 20mm (or should I say 1/72) from Britannia. Hopefully it'll be available again soon
Regards
Donogh