Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:37:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Star Trek TMP figures  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Pauln6

• Schoolboy
Star Trek TMP figures
« on: May 19, 2011, 12:34:56 PM »
I'm trying to knock up some extra crew figures for my Star Trek Citadel TMP collection.  The idea is to have a crew of about 50 different figures on display in front of a Polar Lights 1:350 Enterprise refit, using high definition pictures from the Rec Deck scene as a painting guide.  I've managed to get a few spare heads to help the mission.  Can people think of any figures I might be able to use to resemble some of the alien species that we saw in that scene (Arcturians, Saurians, Betelgeusians, Tellarites, Vulcans, Deltans, Rhaandarites, Andorians etc).  The Andorians should be fine as you can just glue some wire on a human head.  Any other suggestions?

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
Re: Star Trek TMP figures
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 02:09:46 PM »
I'm trying to knock up some extra crew figures for my Star Trek Citadel TMP collection.  The idea is to have a crew of about 50 different figures on display in front of a Polar Lights 1:350 Enterprise refit, using high definition pictures from the Rec Deck scene as a painting guide.  I've managed to get a few spare heads to help the mission.  Can people think of any figures I might be able to use to resemble some of the alien species that we saw in that scene (Arcturians, Saurians, Betelgeusians, Tellarites, Vulcans, Deltans, Rhaandarites, Andorians etc).  The Andorians should be fine as you can just glue some wire on a human head.  Any other suggestions?

I assume thses are 28mm? Vulcans could be done using Hasslefree's "Elf" head sprue, with a suitable greenstuff hair-do.

As to the others, I'd need to see pics of the originals as my poor old memory is stumped .

Offline Pauln6

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »
Thanks - I did have a look at those but eventually ordered some resin female human heads, which were really cool, and some resin elf heads which look like they might be a tad too big.  The old citadel figures are quite stylised with very short legs so if the heads are too big they might look even sillier.  I'm wary of scaling issues with 28mm, although Matakishi's heads, which are 28mm scale but designed to have more realisitic proportions seem to be about the right size.  Gary Mitchell's bumpy-headed aliens are really tall by comparison.  It's a shame that there is no way to do an adequate comparison in advance of ordering.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
Yes, that's always a concern when trying to do head-swaps with different manufacturers' models. Matakishi's Star Trek stuff is quite slender - more akin to Hasslefree than most other 28mm figures, so should be a decent match for the old Citadels.

Good luck and I hope they fit ok  :D

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 06:36:16 PM »
Have a look at the victory force starship crew - I think you will find some suitable ones .....
 ;)

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 08:24:38 PM »
Don't recall their names, but there are a few crew who look like they might be able to use either the 'secret' head from the Wargames Factory Shock Troops, or DnD's Illithid.

Doug

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 08:51:03 AM »
Yes, that's always a concern when trying to do head-swaps with different manufacturers' models. Matakishi's Star Trek stuff is quite slender - more akin to Hasslefree than most other 28mm figures, so should be a decent match for the old Citadels.

Good luck and I hope they fit ok  :D

Yeah, the Hasslefree heads are quite small so they'll probably look OK. Whether they'll work stylistically I don't know.

Offline Overlord

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Top Geezer
    • The Sweeney
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 10:07:16 PM »
You could try a PM to Matakishi.  Althought out of stock he might have some spare heads.
http://www.matakishi.com/apps/webstore/products/show/631231
2024 Lead Tally: Acq: 013 Ptd: 055  Total: +042
2023 Lead Tally: Acq: 560 Ptd: 056  Total: -504
2009-22 Tally:  Acq: 3293 Ptd: 905  Total: -2388

Offline Pauln6

• Schoolboy
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 12:38:02 AM »
Yeah I purchased some Matakishi crew a while back.  The figures come in pieces so I will just keep the heads for future use.  So far I have the main citadel figures:

13 human males
4 human females
2 vulcan males
1 deltan female
1 andorian male
1 saurian/male or female - who can tell?
1 rhaandarite male
2 K'normian males

Plus 2 sets of Matakishi crew heads:
6 human males
4 human females
2 vulcan males
2 vulcan females
2 andorian males
2 andorian females

Plus a set of 5 micro art resin human female heads.  I did buy some elf heads but they're a bit big - one or two might be passable, I'll try them out.

Yikes, that gives me over 33 humans, 6 vulcans, 5 andorians, and 5 others.  That's acutally not bad to be gettng on with!  I suppose I'd just like a few more aliens in there.  Are their any heads out there that could pass for tellarites, arcturians, betelgeusians, or zaranties?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 12:42:11 AM by Pauln6 »

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 01:24:59 PM »
Sorry, Betelgeusians were the ones I was thinking. Looks like the Shock Trooper heads are probably too large and aren't as open around the mouth tenticles as I remember (you'd almost do better going with the right gas mask head), and the current DnD Illithids might be more than a tad too reptillian.

Doug
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:33:54 PM by The_Beast »

Offline Pauln6

• Schoolboy
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 05:50:17 PM »
Some of the Star Wars and Dr Who aliens have potential.  A mindflayer head could work for a zaranite because you would need to file away the tentacles to cover them with a gas mask in any event.

Offline Pauln6

• Schoolboy
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 02:57:36 PM »
Well I did my first two conversions over the Bank Holiday weekend so I now have a female andorian security officer (I figured I can get away with that because the armour would hide her boobs in any event) and a male andorian technician.  It wasn't so hard so I'll do some more soon.

I was thinking about zaranites and I would need to glue on a fluorine tank.  Are there any sci fi accessory packs that contain oxygen tanks that might be useful for this purpose?