Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:24:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Jihadistan Game - Now Added Link to Bat Rep!!!!1!!  (Read 5472 times)

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Jihadistan Game - Now Added Link to Bat Rep!!!!1!!
« on: June 14, 2011, 11:37:32 PM »
Got a game coming up this weekend which should prove to be a hoot, decided to set it up on the floor so we could have a large map, even if one end is pretty empty, and some interesting long range shooting. Thought I'd share the joy. The top photo has also been manipulated in Photoshop so it offers a different map for each side. I can't share thoise at the moment as it mght give away secrets to the usual crafty players.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 09:39:44 PM by 6milPhil »

Offline basaint

• Scientist
  • Gamer, creator...In AZ
Re: Jihadistan Game
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 03:16:04 AM »
great map!  Are those Sevenloners' creations?

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 11:57:52 PM »
Nah they're all home made scratch jobs bar the minaret which is MBA. There'll be photos up soon-ish

Offline Eldorf.Dragonsbane

• Librarian
  • Zombie Game Fan
    • Doug's Land of the Dead
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 02:38:13 AM »
Nice scratch built middle eastern style buildings, been thinking of making some myself for an ATZ scenario that takes place at a fictional US Military base. The base has in addition to the standard MOUT facility (Western Architecture), there's a Middle Eastern styles MOUT facility (currently dubbed Falafelistan or Falafelopolis right now, name probably will be changing). Thinking that for the Middle Eastern "city" some survivors will make a trip to the base for supplies and come across the Middle Eastern training facility.

Can't wait to see the rest of your pics.

Offline Ulu Elsomalien

• Scientist
  • Prepainted General
    • Prépeint & Cie
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 04:15:40 PM »
Nice scratch built middle eastern style buildings, been thinking of making some myself for an ATZ scenario that takes place at a fictional US Military base. The base has in addition to the standard MOUT facility (Western Architecture), there's a Middle Eastern styles MOUT facility (currently dubbed Falafelistan or Falafelopolis right now, name probably will be changing). Thinking that for the Middle Eastern "city" some survivors will make a trip to the base for supplies and come across the Middle Eastern training facility.

Can't wait to see the rest of your pics.

Argh, you are going to steal my idea (middle eastern zombie setting). It has never been done before (and I was proud to be the first to "think" about it). Luckily, I've got some advance (my checklist [buildings/vehicles/military/survivors/zombies] is OK).

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
A word for miniatures, scenery and rules compulsive buying ? Zhobbyllness !

Ulu Elsomalien

Offline Eldorf.Dragonsbane

• Librarian
  • Zombie Game Fan
    • Doug's Land of the Dead
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 02:32:50 PM »
Ulu- I recall seeing, I believe, an ATZ bat Rep that took place in the Middle East, some where. I can't remember where it was though, as for my planned game with a Middle Eastern "City" it won't be an actual city but a Military Training facility in US (the base as previously mentioned in my last post is fictional).

Either way you are probably further along in your plans then me, all I have is my zombie minis and survivors, and a couple of Mel Ebbles Cardstock military style vehicles (the M9, M11, both from his Archive DVD that he was offering, and a couple of the Jeepvees, that he had before he closed up shop, though some of his stuff will be getting released again, this time over at World Works Games) built. Need to pick up some military minis and work on Middle Eastern style buildings (and western style buildings, I am currently lacking buildings since the WWG Urban mayhem ones I did have built were unfortunately ruined when a water pipe decided to start leaking right over the bin that I had my buildings stored in), only buildings I currently have are a couple of the Ebbles Folding Unit Structures from his Archive DVD.

Offline Ulu Elsomalien

• Scientist
  • Prepainted General
    • Prépeint & Cie
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 02:49:35 PM »
Ulu- I recall seeing, I believe, an ATZ bat Rep that took place in the Middle East, some where.

Please don't tell me where. I prefer to think I'm the first. lol
BTW, good luck with paper scenery, I could not fold a piece of paper w/o bleeding me out, clumsy as I am.

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 09:09:34 PM »
We did a middle eastern game which was IDF + Delta v PLO + Mujahadeen and just as the players got into place turned into a zombie game. The IDF and the PLO still spent most of it attacking each other...

That's Daring Dan (PLO) and the Boy Slug (IDF) discussing the Middle East peace plan.

And the crashed plane which was carrying the top-secret weapon which started the zombie outbreak.

Pics here: http://6milphil.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/zombie-action/

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Re: Jihadistan Game - Now Added Link to Bat Rep!!!!1!!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 09:44:29 PM »
I've only a few pics small enough to share here;

This is probably the wisest move in the entire game... the local who jumped in this and left town.

Here is the Allied map

and the Jihadist one

there's a gallery here http://6milphil.wordpress.com/2011/06/28/mustafa-battle/

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 05:16:18 AM »
Here I was thinking that I coined the term 'Jihadistan' and it turns out that it's all over the net already... damn!  lol

Looking really good!

I wish I had a selection of middle eastern buildings like that.  :-*
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline basaint

• Scientist
  • Gamer, creator...In AZ
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 06:54:10 AM »
viking
Sevenloners makes great terrain and he's got some good deals.  I picked up 2 sets of Mid East buildings in 1/72.  It fills up my 5x5 table pretty well.  He has 2 on his site and those town sets are the ones i got.

http://shop.ebay.com/sevenloners/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

His name is Ray...cool dude too

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
I wish I had a selection of middle eastern buildings like that.  :-*

Well cork tiles, scalpel and glue and away you go. Matakishis is probably the best site for getting into working with cork; http://www.matakishi.com/makingbuildings.htm typically the architecture is so simple they're great buildings to start with. If you get along with it more complex bits like terraced houses for example are just a few hours away...