Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:49:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10485
  • Latest: Zombiu
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694510
  • Total Topics: 118611
  • Online Today: 570
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 516
Total: 519

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 395709 times)

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
It's exquisite! Well done and really well painted!  :-*
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
Lovely piece of scenery

dodge

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
I love what you've done with the place! :o

Blending all those odd bits of scenery into one coherent table is great. :`
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
Another great piece!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
VERY IMPRESSIVE...it's always a fine feeling knowing all the effort in creation was worth the final results. I love all the details...it has a ruined but still in business feel to it
Most definitely it will fit in a variety of gaming genres & settings. VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt. MORDHEIM (Undertaker's finished!!!!) UD:0
« Reply #185 on: October 08, 2011, 02:56:24 PM »
Thanks for all the comments, Chaps.

Much appreciated!

...it has a ruined but still in business feel to it

That made me chuckle- I guess there is always business for an Undertaker in Mordheim!

Most definitely it will fit in a variety of gaming genres & settings.

I hope so. I have tried to make as many of the pieces in Krappefortt as generic as possible, avoiding obvious Warhammer symbols and such, so they should not be confined to Mordheim gaming only.
The Temple of Sigmar, for instance, has no religious symbols so that the various sections can be used to represent any gothic-style building.
It has already been used as an asylum, a gaol and a Town Hall. With the addition of more building-specific items it can be used in so many ways.
For instance, I finished these last week to add to it when in use as a Temple or church;

The floor does need a final drybrush in white, but I took the photos before realising this!

I particularly want to make some bookcases, in a similar style to the scene from 'The Mummy' to enable the pieces to represent the Krappefortt Library. Bookcases upright and collapsed, and the floor covered with scattered books would be a great area to fight over!

Offline Hendrid

• Librarian
    • ALBAtwo Warblog
Great piece of terrain, along with all the foregoing. Nice.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Undertaker's finished-Pg12) UD:0
« Reply #187 on: October 09, 2011, 09:24:10 AM »
Thanks, Hendrid!
Welcome (back?) to the Forum!

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
I love this thread,magnificent :-*
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Nordland warband-Pg13) UD:09/10
« Reply #189 on: October 09, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »
Thanks to those of you who have left comments.
Much appreciated.

Time to put up some better pictures of the various warbands fighting for supremacy in Krappefortt.

The Skaven have already made an appearance, along with Legionnaire Bert's Dwarves and Possessed.

Now it is the turn of the Nordlanders.
(The pictures were taken on the Undertaker terrain piece (page 12), which provides an ideal background and seems to help with the focusing issues I have had in the past. I will take pictures of the rest of the warbands using this method as it seems to work quite well.)

Firstly a group shot of the entire band

A couple of closer shots of the group. These show a couple of views of the Henchman groups. In this warband there are only two types of henchmen- Warriors armed with Halbards and Marksmen armed with Handguns.

A close up of the Captain, Dietmar Uhlenbeek, and the two Youngbloods, Corporal Hartzmann and Ensign Kurtz, affectionally known as 'Boy'.

A shot of the Captain by himself.

I love this figure, from the old Eternal Champion range by Citadel,- Smiorgan Baldhead.

A close up of Corporal Hartzmann

A close-up of Ensign Kurtz, the 'Boy'

The rumour that 'Boy' is really a halfling have never been proved! Just becayse he is short and round with hairy feet is not 'proof!.

A close-up of one of the Sergeant's, Schweinhammer

And finally, the other Sergeant, Ballstein

That is it for the 2nd Nordland Expedition (Krappefortt), who are scouring the ruins of the town, trying to locate any evidence of what happened to the 1st Expedition who disappeared during the last campaign.

Next time; the Shadow Elves.

Until then..............

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Nordland Warband-Pg13) UD:10/10
« Reply #190 on: October 09, 2011, 08:16:04 PM »
Lovely paint jobs, lovely figures and your basing is very nice as well! Thanks for sharing!  :-*

Some of your models are partly out of focus, maybe it'll help to take the pictures from a bit further away? Or is it then impossible to focus at all?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #191 on: October 09, 2011, 08:18:34 PM »
Lovely paint jobs, lovely figures and your basing is very nice as well! Thanks for sharing!  :-*

Some of your models are partly out of focus, maybe it'll help to take the pictures from a bit further away? Or is it then impossible to focus at all?

Thanks, Pil!

Anything camera related seems to give me a headache.
I think that they are getting better, though.

Hopefully.............

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #192 on: October 10, 2011, 12:37:05 PM »
That is a striking-looking wargand.  May they fare better than the first expedition!

Offline Luckyjoe

• Scientist
« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2011, 01:32:38 PM »
Very nice looking warband, with a great backdrop.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #194 on: October 10, 2011, 10:11:55 PM »
Very nice looking warband, with a great backdrop.

Thanks, Luckyjoe!

That is a striking-looking wargand.  May they fare better than the first expedition!

Thanks, mweaver!
Lets hope they do!

The 1st Expedition was used as Legionnaire Bert's opponents in the final game of the last campaign. There were only two survivors, against Bert's Undead , who had locked themselves inside a tower by the West Docks. It adds a good narrative to the games we play if we have as much continuity between campaigns as possible.
The two that survived will reappear at a later date as Hired Swords.

Another of the characters of Krappefortt, The Birdman, has already been mentioned in a previous post.
An eccentric inventor who was wealthy and a well-known citizen who had been terribly affected by the Wyrdstone that he had been dabbling with , losing a part of his mind but not his genius, and declared himself a vigilante, the self professed Birdman, and saviour of the town.
Based on another well known comic book vigilante, he prowled the rooftops at night, seeking to cleanse the town of the marauding bands that infested the area after the Earthquake and formation of the Krakk, the great fissure that bisected the metropolis releasing it's foul curse on the citizens.

The Birdman was encountered by two warring bands in the Clocktower district, where he had made his lair. He had been destroying anyone who he saw as an invader, polluting his beloved home for some time. Lone treasure hunters and small groups had been found slaughtered, their bodies torn asunder while the inhabitants told tales of terrible screeching and the screams of the dying.
When the two warbands clashed in his local district, a group of Dark Elf Assassins and a band of foul Skaven Plague Monks, it quickly became obvious to him that he had no choice but to defend his Eyrie.
He managed to take most of the Dark Elves out of action, as they assaulted his tower, before finally succumbing to their attack.
When the evil Druchi searched the area after the battle they could only find his mad winged contraption, and the Wyrdstone shards that powered it.
Of the Birdman himself, they found no sign.

Tales of the deranged inventor making a new and improved version of his device spread across Krappefortt, along with the promise that The Birdman will return, even more powerful, to seek out those who would defile his beloved neighbourhood with their presence!

The Birdman

This is the original model of The Birdman. I bought it 'as is' on ebay.
It is one of the GW Birdmen of Catrazza, a champion.
I am looking for another of the same model to convert into The Birdman's new and improved suit, with upgraded abilities and weapons.
I have placed an advert in the Bazar for one, but if anyone reading this can help, could you please PM me.
Krappefortt needs The Birdman!
Please help if you can!

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:54:42 PM by Mason »