Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 12:26:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696162
  • Total Topics: 118746
  • Online Today: 388
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 396257 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (The Birdman!!! -Pg14) UD:10/10
« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2011, 12:48:23 PM »
I LOVE IT! Developing local, unique characters is a VERY COOL idea; the mini is pretty cool also...reminds me of Christopher Lloyd in Back to the Future. VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2011, 04:43:09 PM »
I LOVE IT! Developing local, unique characters is a VERY COOL idea; the mini is pretty cool also...reminds me of Christopher Lloyd in Back to the Future. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks, Deafnala!
He is based on Batman, fluff-wise, with gadgets etc. I envisage giving him some more for the MkII version, I see wing-mounted guns and maybe a net for capturing villains.
Now that you mention it, I do see why you say he reminds you of Mr Lloyd. There is a resemblance that I had not noticed before!

Good news!
Skrapwelder is sending me some wings, so the Birdman, in his MkII suit, should be making an appearance soon!

Thanks, Skrapwelder!

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2011, 07:52:10 PM »
Just a quick note on The Inn which is one of our (em4's) products. A number of people have enquired about it since it appeared in this topic, as part of this wonderful table. I'm sorry to say it is currently out of production. We do intend to produce it again but it will be next year before it appears again.

Doug

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »
Just a quick note on The Inn which is one of our (em4's) products. A number of people have enquired about it since it appeared in this topic, as part of this wonderful table. I'm sorry to say it is currently out of production. We do intend to produce it again but it will be next year before it appears again.

Doug

It is a great piece of scenery, Doug, highly recommended to all when it is back in production.
I see it travels well too, Professor Witchheimer has one in Witchtown, too!
I intend to purchase another in the future, to cut apart and extend into a piece twice the size with interior detailing.
I am tempted to do it to the one I have, but cannot bear to dismantle it until I have a second.
Just in case!

There is always the em4 farm to add, a great piece of scenery, which I may well do soon.
It can be used in so many genre's as well, which is always a bonus!
Don't just take my word for it, judge for yourself;

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Ready_Painted_Buildings.html

Excellent value given its size, versatility and ability to be used straight away without any work needed.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:24:14 PM by Mason »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Shadow Elves! -Pg14) UD:12/10
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2011, 09:46:53 PM »
Time to post some pictures of the Shadow Elf warband- The Hidden.

Shadow Elves are a great warband to use, being fast, excellent shots and can climb very well, enabling them to make good use of height to gain the advantage of good, high shooting positions. They can also hold their own in hand to hand combat, which is a great bonus.

They have proven themselves in several games against a variety of opponents, utilising hit and run guerilla tactics, picking off their opponents from the upper storeys and proving difficult to pin down in combat.

I picked up these figures on ebay a few years ago for a really good price. They are very nice figures, well painted and deserve to be seen.

First up, a group shot, again taken against the backdrop of the Undertaker's

The Sorceress and one of the Champions, with the mage's Were-rat familiar in the background

A couple of the Shadow Elf warriors

The Lord with the rest of the warband

Finally, their Wild Cat companion, 'Fluffy' (uses the rules and stats of a wardog)

As you can see, a lovely looking warband. I just need to get around to repainting the bases to blend in with the rest of the bands of Krappefortt. They have also recently gained the services of an ogre, but as an ogre would not really fit, fluff-wise, into an Elf warband, I will be painting up an old Albion Fen Beast that I have that I think will look great alongside the Elves.

The next warband to be posted will be the Marienburgers, the Posenhosen Trading Company.

Until then..........

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Shadow Elves -Pg14) UD:12/10
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2011, 10:00:34 PM »
Seriously impressed by this whole thread. Another great looking gang.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #201 on: October 13, 2011, 07:58:52 AM »
They look great indeed, I'm looking forward to seeing the fen beast by their side but I'm especially curious about your Dutchmen Mariënburgers.
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2011, 12:24:48 PM »
Putting aside the natural racial prejudice that Goblin kind feel towards Elves, the Point Eared Tree Huggers of Dubious Sexual Tendencies are a REALLY cool looking Gang...VERY NICELY painted.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #203 on: October 13, 2011, 12:39:40 PM »
Nice-looking elven warband.  And I really like the birdman figure.  I saw your post in the bazaar and went rummaging, but I only have one set of the birdmen figures (back when GW had "Trollboss Bob" I bought multiple boxes, cheap, of some of the Dogs of War sets, but apparently only one of the birdmen).  You can't have my only birdy champ, sorry!

The Em4 buildings are both excellent, and see frequent action in our D&D and Mordheim games.  Hopefully they will continue to release buildings in this line.

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Nordland warband-Pg13) UD:09/10
« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2011, 12:45:13 PM »

Time to put up some better pictures of the various warbands fighting for supremacy in Krappefortt.

Now it is the turn of the Nordlanders.
(The pictures were taken on the Undertaker terrain piece (page 12), which provides an ideal background and seems to help with the focusing issues I have had in the past. I will take pictures of the rest of the warbands using this method as it seems to work quite well.)

I think this is a fantastic waband, Mason. They are quite tough to play against, but not impossible. And they look the nuts! I love the names, too - especially the sergeants! Where did the models come from? Scweinhammer looks superb, love that DH weapon of his (a pseudo medievil German in tight leirderhosen gripping a big weapon - am I on the wrong forum ?!? lol).

I look forward to facing off against them soon. Getting itchy fingers to do another witch hunters warband, must admit.

Bertie

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2011, 03:21:58 PM »
Thanks for the comments, Chaps!

mweaver; Thanks for looking, mate. Fortunately I have some wings on their way to me, just have to get a suitable figure to convert into the MKII Birdman at SELWG.

I think this is a fantastic waband, Mason. They are quite tough to play against, but not impossible. And they look the nuts! I love the names, too - especially the sergeants! Where did the models come from? Scweinhammer looks superb, love that DH weapon of his (a pseudo medievil German in tight leirderhosen gripping a big weapon - am I on the wrong forum ?!? lol).

I look forward to facing off against them soon. Getting itchy fingers to do another witch hunters warband, must admit.

Bertie

The models in that band are mostly old GW Empire, the two champions being Greatswords, I think. The Halberdiers are old GW plastics, the leader is Smiorgan Baldhead from the old Citadel Etenal Champion range, the crossbowman is an old Citadel Fighter, both from the '80's. You have seen 'Boy' before in his previous guise, in the Posenhosen, before he got +1 Strength and +1 Toughness and HAD to be exchanged for a larger figure more befitting his upgrades.

Witch Hunters- Go for it, mate.
Just remember that your Captain will die. They always do!

They look great indeed, I'm looking forward to seeing the fen beast by their side but I'm especially curious about your Dutchmen Mariënburgers.

Pil; I will post the 'Dutchmen' at the weekend.
Until then here is a couple of pictures, in my usual blurry fashion, of the Fen Beast as he stands at the moment. I took him out this morning to paint him, but did not like the pose he was in, shambling along looking like he was about to fall over. So out came the green stuff to improvise a base that would make him stand much more upright and threatening!
I think it looks much better like this.

He is sitting beneath a lamp at the moment, trying to cure the green stuff as quickly as possible so that I can at least get him undercoated today.
I dont think I will get any further than that today as I off to Bert's tonight for an evening of Victorian Call of Cthulhu RPG.
Hope to paint him tomorrow.

Until then...........

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #206 on: October 14, 2011, 08:30:03 AM »
Just remember that your Captain will die. They always do!

I can vouch for that one!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #207 on: October 14, 2011, 09:53:53 AM »
I can vouch for that one!

Sorry about that, mate.
Nothing personal.

WH Captains always die.
You know that!

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2011, 10:20:24 AM »
Sorry about that, mate.
Nothing personal.

WH Captains always die.
You know that!

Mine was the third to date - two of my own captains and one of Berts. I'd like to see if he can up the tally.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #209 on: October 14, 2011, 02:52:48 PM »
COOL BASE on the Fen Fellow! Despite doing multiples of the Beasty, it's still a favorite mini. Have FUN with the painting.