Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:38:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10485
  • Latest: Zombiu
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694510
  • Total Topics: 118611
  • Online Today: 570
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 395688 times)

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (The Shrine -Pg16) UD:21/10
« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2011, 08:44:40 AM »
Thats a good looking piece of terrain!

Offline galvinm

• Bookworm
« Reply #241 on: October 24, 2011, 05:51:39 PM »
Fantastic work!

Keep it coming.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2011, 07:12:19 AM »
Thanks for all the comments on the 'Shrine' piece,
It was easy to do and a lot less labour intensive than some of the scenery I have made for Krappefortt, but most of all it was a 'fun' piece to make.

I intend to make quite a few more sections like this to be used with the generic 'Temple' corner sections.
Remember these?

When they are combined with a 'themed' central section, they should have a more obvious effect and stop giving the 'church' impression that they currently do.
As mentioned previously, these sections are used to represent all the municiple buildings in town and have already been used as the Gaol, Asylum and Town Hall.
With more obvious interiors this should look better.

The next interior section should utilise all the bookcases I recently bought from Frontline Wargaming, along with a few other bits that I have, to form the Krappefortt Library.
A central section will be first, followed by a few more collapsed sections to surround it and create a similar look to the library scenes from the film 'The Mummy'.

These small sections will all be made in a way to make them more generic so that they can be used in different genre's.
For instance, the central 'library' section will be able to double up as a piece suitable for VSF, Cthulhu and Pulp and will use the library/study scene from 'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' as a source of inspiration.

Hope to get this completed as soon as possible.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #243 on: October 25, 2011, 06:30:24 PM »
VERY COOL LOOKING...with a multipurpose style, they could fit most Gothic Municipal buildings. VERY WELL DONE!
I guess it's starting to dawn on you that this is all highly addictive...need more building, more, MORE...BWAHAHAHAHA.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #244 on: October 25, 2011, 11:25:01 PM »
VERY COOL LOOKING...with a multipurpose style, they could fit most Gothic Municipal buildings. VERY WELL DONE!
I guess it's starting to dawn on you that this is all highly addictive...need more building, more, MORE...BWAHAHAHAHA.

You are spot on with that statement, DeafNala.
I was supposed to get cracking with my next project, whilst dipping back into this one now and again for a break, but I keep finding things to do for Krappefortt that need 'finishing off' before I move on properly.
I am someone who does like to leave things 'tidy' before moving on.
I am giving myself a bit longer to do the things that I feel need to be done so that they do not keep bugging me, so that I can concentrate properly on all things VSF.

How much longer?
I originally thought two or three weeks.
Will this be long enough?
Who knows?
 o_o o_o o_o

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (The Slums-WIP -Pg17) UD:27/10
« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2011, 12:01:59 PM »
SLUMS WIP

I have decided that the Slums piece that I started a while ago needs to be finished off before I can move on, so am going to complete this next.
It is due to be the first of four sections that will represent the more crowded, poorer, parts of town, with at least three buildings, or the ruins of, on each section.

It started when I was given four resin buildings by a friend. I have no idea who they are made by.
As I have four, and they are slightly smaller in scale, I thought that they would be ideal for the poorer quarter.
I intend to use one intact building on each base, with ruins of other houses occupying the rest of the area.
I will, most likely ( ;)), only be doing one for now, and go back to the others at a later date.
I dug it out of the cupboard the other day and have added some rubble to it.
Now that I am happy with the ground floor level, it is ready to be painted before the other sections and furniture etc are added, as it is easier to get to it all this way.

Here are a couple of pictures of what it look like at the moment

You can see a couple of the pieces that are to be added when the lower section has been painted.

I also need to build the stairs/ladder that will be in the front courtyard area, leading up to the first floor walkway.
Other parts need to be added after as well.

Will post more pictures as I progress....

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:07:01 PM by Mason »

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2011, 12:54:52 PM »
Hey Mason

Your project is a great inspiration to most of us I would dare to say, not matter what if you play Mordheim or not. Personally I find my self coming back quite often, to borrow ideas and also when to think about colour schemes for various projects.

I must say that I got really impressed with your Shrine project, and I can recognize the scrounging for bits hehe, I think that most of us do that every now and then... "Ohh shiny, I can propably use that for [Fantastic Modelling Project] in the future."

I have some old Grendel bits for some sort of ruined temple/shrine/holy bla bla that I intend to use parts of, at least the pillars, and try to create some sort of relic shrine or such.
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Luckyjoe

• Scientist
« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2011, 01:37:01 PM »
Very nice. Good idea to use the slightly smaller buildings for the poor folks.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #248 on: October 27, 2011, 01:42:27 PM »
Hey Mason

Your project is a great inspiration to most of us I would dare to say, not matter what if you play Mordheim or not. Personally I find my self coming back quite often, to borrow ideas and also when to think about colour schemes for various projects.

Wow!
Thanks, Galland!
Coming from you that is praise indeed.
I will be following your Eisende project closely, as I will be stealing, er, I mean borrowing ideas from you too!

(Having already done so with your seaport project!)  ;)

I must say that I got really impressed with your Shrine project, and I can recognize the scrounging for bits hehe, I think that most of us do that every now and then... "Ohh shiny, I can propably use that for [Fantastic Modelling Project] in the future."

I have some old Grendel bits for some sort of ruined temple/shrine/holy bla bla that I intend to use parts of, at least the pillars, and try to create some sort of relic shrine or such.

Oh, I think we all do that!
Look forward to seeing the holy bla bla/shrine!

Very nice. Good idea to use the slightly smaller buildings for the poor folks.

Thanks, Luckyjoe!
They are pretty small, in fact they are so small that I have had to use a foamboard spacer between the two pieces of resin.
If I had not, then this would have had to be Halfling Quarter!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2011, 04:50:45 PM »
That looks VERY PROMISING! This should be, in addition to being an Ubercool addition to Krappefortt, a fine source of inspiration for one of my own projects...as such, keep up the FINE WORK.

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
A halfling quarter sounds like an amazing idea!

Consider it ninja'd
Break out of your gaming shell! www.brokenegggames.com

"Yes, I am a ninja and no I won't show you my moves."

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2011, 08:43:10 PM »
That looks VERY PROMISING! This should be, in addition to being an Ubercool addition to Krappefortt, a fine source of inspiration for one of my own projects...as such, keep up the FINE WORK.

OK, DeafNala, what are you up to now.........????

A halfling quarter sounds like an amazing idea!

Consider it ninja'd

As I have a profusion of building materials and a small tribe of Halflings, consider it Ninja'd back!

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
« Reply #252 on: October 27, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »
The more I think about a halfling quarter the better of an idea it is! The biggest issue is you must have it surrounded by a normal sized city or it loses its awesomeness.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #253 on: October 27, 2011, 09:14:55 PM »
The more I think about a halfling quarter the better of an idea it is! The biggest issue is you must have it surrounded by a normal sized city or it loses its awesomeness.

It IS a GREAT idea!

Having it surrounded by 'normal' sized buildings will not be a problem.
I will just make it as one of my Slum sections and it will fit in perfectly.

Ninja'd!
 :D

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:17:00 AM by Mason »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #254 on: October 28, 2011, 08:25:53 AM »
 As one of the areas of Krappefortt is known as 'Peck's Slum', I think that would be the ideal location for the Halfling Quarter.
Previously known as Peck's Hamlet, (or more commonly Peck's Ham), before the expansion of the town proper, the rural area where the the Little Folk lived has now become part of the larger sprawl that makes up the Lower Town of Krappefortt.
The area was originally a cluster of small hills located just outside the walls of the Old Town, into which the Halflings built their famed underearth dwellings and lovely vegetable gardens.
With the expansion of the town, the Ham has been integrated into the Lower Town and now Peck's Slum is filled to the brim with small dwellings that are piled one on top of another, with the lowest houses, which are built into the hillsides themselves, almost hidden from view, their one-thriving gardens now all but disappeared.

Multi-storey Halfling houses!
Yum!

(Damn you, Ninja! Now look what you have gone and done!)

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:57:00 AM by Mason »