Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:04:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10485
  • Latest: Zombiu
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694510
  • Total Topics: 118611
  • Online Today: 570
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 395684 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Undead Pirates!-P26) UD:11/12
« Reply #390 on: December 14, 2011, 11:39:30 AM »
Nice kit bashing on those pirates.

Thanks Hubbynz!

I must sort out those bloody pirate zombie conversions I did years ago, christ know's where they are! ;)

Dont start me off again on missing Zombies......Grrrrrr!

I know the sentiment...  ::)

Oh, yes- the bane of the hoarding gamer!

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #391 on: December 14, 2011, 10:12:29 PM »
Mason

It have been decided, over your head regrettably, but you are moving to Sweden. We realised that you would be the perfect addition to our wargaming group, equally dedicated and creative, not to mention a maker of good terrain, good looking miniatures and seem to have an endless pool of imagination. So, get packing and start looking for an appartment in Stockholm. I have allready given my fiancés sister and her appartment to another person, but I have a very nice neighbor, she is 46 but still good looking (and single), she cant cook for shit, but who cares, I am a good chef, you can eat here.
Chop chop... pack your gaming stuff and some warm clothes, its cold in Stockholm during the winter! :D
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
« Reply #392 on: December 15, 2011, 04:38:35 PM »

Mason

It have been decided, over your head regrettably, but you are moving to Sweden. We realised that you would be the perfect addition to our wargaming group, equally dedicated and creative, not to mention a maker of good terrain, good looking miniatures and seem to have an endless pool of imagination. So, get packing and start looking for an appartment in Stockholm. I have allready given my fiancés sister and her appartment to another person, but I have a very nice neighbor, she is 46 but still good looking (and single), she cant cook for shit, but who cares, I am a good chef, you can eat here.
Chop chop... pack your gaming stuff and some warm clothes, its cold in Stockholm during the winter! :D

^
                                                   ^
              I laughed so hard at this my drink came out of my nose.
Break out of your gaming shell! www.brokenegggames.com

"Yes, I am a ninja and no I won't show you my moves."

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #393 on: December 15, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »
Mason

lol
That is a very tempting offer, Galland, but after some serious discussion with my better half, I am afraid that I must decline.
To say that she was not too amused at your proposal is a bit of an understatement!
If this means that I must now go on the run to avoid capture, then so be it!
I have a bag packed and ready, with enough Scooby-Snacks to see me through the first week or so.
I am prepared for life on the road and have a nice 'tick wooly jumper'.
See ya!

^
                                                   ^
              I laughed so hard at this my drink came out of my nose.

lol
Not quite the same reaction from the Mrs, I am afraid!

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
« Reply #394 on: December 16, 2011, 04:25:18 PM »
Terrain Building : The Legend continues..

Mason was a priest at a Shaolin terrain building temple also known as his house, where it was his most sacred duty to create terrain to the amusement of his forum peers, his son Peter also lived and studied there. After a simple offer to relocate to a new sacred site the temple was destroyed by the MRS. and father and son each thought the other had perished in the fire. For many years, Mason 'walked the earth,' with his friend Ninja while Peter became a big-city cop. Finally fate saw them reunited and now together they battle evil and build awesome terrain, using wisdom, martial arts, pink foam, a paint brush and occasionally even Peter's service pistol (but only as a last resort).

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #395 on: December 16, 2011, 05:10:55 PM »
Terrain Building : The Legend continues..

Mason was a priest at a Shaolin terrain building temple also known as his house, where it was his most sacred duty to create terrain to the amusement of his forum peers, his son Peter also lived and studied there. After a simple offer to relocate to a new sacred site the temple was destroyed by the MRS. and father and son each thought the other had perished in the fire. For many years, Mason 'walked the earth,' with his friend Ninja while Peter became a big-city cop. Finally fate saw them reunited and now together they battle evil and build awesome terrain, using wisdom, martial arts, pink foam, a paint brush and occasionally even Peter's service pistol (but only as a last resort).

lol
I see your parcel from the pharmacy has not arrived yet, then!

(You are obviously quite mad, you know?!?)

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
« Reply #396 on: December 16, 2011, 05:34:07 PM »
“'But I don’t want to go among mad people,' Mason remarked.
'Oh, you can’t help that,' said the Ninja. 'We’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.'
'How do you know I’m mad?' said Mason.
'You must be,” said the Ninja. 'or you wouldn’t have come here.'”

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #397 on: December 16, 2011, 08:52:45 PM »
Watch yourself Mason, the last man them tricksy Swedes fixed up with a woman that couldn't cook, ended up addictive to cocaine and head of the Luftwaffe.

Before you know it everyone was laughing at him and calling him Fat Hermann - 'tis a sad tale, but one to learn from.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #398 on: December 17, 2011, 06:57:14 PM »
Watch yourself Mason, the last man them tricksy Swedes fixed up with a woman that couldn't cook, ended up addictive to cocaine and head of the Luftwaffe.

Before you know it everyone was laughing at him and calling him Fat Hermann - 'tis a sad tale, but one to learn from.

lol

I have come to the conclusion that you all bloody barking!

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #399 on: December 19, 2011, 02:27:35 PM »
Mason

Galland

I am an associate of Mason's, and if he is reticent to join you in Stockholm can I come and live with you instead? Your neighbour sounds very nice!  ;D I don't have Mason's knack of model making, but I am very good at allowing my opponent to win - does that help?
 ;)
Bert

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #400 on: December 19, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »
lol

I have come to the conclusion that you all bloody barking!

Quite right, mate, they ain't like us sane Englishmen! Why, it's only my collection of singing potatoes what keeps me going, guv...

I am off to Stockholm to pose as you! After all, no one over there knows what you look like, it's a shame that they'll see my model making and think you've become rubbish, but it's a small price to pay to allow me to get hold of Galland's neighbour...

:-*

I'll be taking me own bangers with me.

lol

To drag this kicking and screaming (screaming, mostly "Nurse - the screens!") vaguely back on topic, even though I am not using the Undead Pirates at the moment, when we play on Jan 6th I'll bring 'em with me - if we get a couple of games in I can use them for one of 'em, and in any case you can take pics of 'em to show the good people on here.

You did a bang up job of converting them, Mr Mason - makes me think I oughtta paint the rest just for s**ts and giggles.

Just to clarify, the Mason gifted me 20 undead pirates for my 40th birthday last year. He is a top man, not just on the model making front.

That's enough compliments - you'll die at the point of my axe when next we meet, Mason, yer cheatin' 'uman scumbucket...

Bert  :D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #401 on: December 22, 2011, 08:19:52 AM »
No updates for two weeks!
I have been lazy!
Well, maybe not lazy, just that other things have got in the way.
Illness, Christmas stuff, being on the run from crazy Swedes and Ninja's, etc, etc....
Not a good enough excuse, I know, but that is the story.

Two weeks with no output is the longest time I have had away from it since I have started this thread.
The only problem I have now is finding the gumption to finish the damn Halfling Quarter before the New Year deadline. I have had too long off, I am finding it difficult to get stuck in again.
Hopefully in the next week or so I will get it done.

On the Undead Pirates; Bert has promised to bring them over when we play next and we will take some pics then.
Although that may not been the case.
Since he made this last post, he has been on the missing list;

I am off to Stockholm to pose as you! After all, no one over there knows what you look like, it's a shame that they'll see my model making and think you've become rubbish, but it's a small price to pay to allow me to get hold of Galland's neighbour...

:-*

If he has been rumbled by then, I am sure he will return with his Pirates.

But just to give Galland a tip off;
Bert does not look at all like me.
If a four foot tall miopic dwarf with baldiing ginger hair turns up in Stockholm claiming to be me, rest assured, that will be Bert!
You will know as soon as you play a game against him.
He only has dice that come up with '1's and '2's!
That and his singing potatoes, of course!
 lol

See you all soon with an update on the Little Folk's Quarter.

Hopefully....

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:27:14 AM by Mason »

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #402 on: December 22, 2011, 08:51:08 AM »
Looking forward to it mate :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Halfling Quarter WIP-P27) UD:30/12
« Reply #403 on: December 30, 2011, 05:50:15 PM »
Three weeks off from the project....
Not a good idea, seeing as I intended to start something new with the New Year!

Three weeks not doing anything hobby related has meant I have also lost a little enthusiasm for it, I really want to get stuck into the next thing.

Still, I found a couple of hours spare this afternoon to get back into it and forced myself to get on with the Halfling Quarter.

Not easy at first as I really had lost the will to do it, too much time away.
But, funnily enough, once it came to having to stop (had to get ready to go to work tonight!) I had refound my mojo and didnt want to stop.
Funny how that seems to be the case

Here is how far I got with the upper storeys today;

There is a long way to go yet, I know; the rooftops, chimneys to add, more weathering. Not to mention the detailing, but at least it has moved along a little.
I also had a better idea for something more characterful for the corner section.
It will also be quicker than painting the house.

Not much progress, I know, but I wanted to post something in the thread, as all your comments and suggestions help spur me on.
(And I need all the encouragement I can get at the moment.....

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Halfling Quarter WIP-P27) UD:30/12
« Reply #404 on: December 31, 2011, 10:40:19 AM »
While it may not seem like much progress to you, it looks like you're coming along VERY WELL from my somewhat skewed perspective. With just a bit of "lived in look" tweaking this will be a FINE tenement for the little urban gluttons to hang their hats...or whatever. AND I LOVE the way you do your woodwork.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx