Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 06:33:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696175
  • Total Topics: 118746
  • Online Today: 453
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 396373 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (NEW Game Report Pt4 -P30) UD:16/01
« Reply #450 on: January 16, 2012, 02:02:44 PM »
Man that was a great read, looking forward to reading how the rest of the game went :)

Thanks, generulpoleaxe!
I hope you enjoy the final installment.

I haven't looked at this thread for a while, so may I say the board's looking incredible now! Great work Mason!

This is turning into a cliff hanger...I'll have to bring pop corn for the Grande Finale.

Grab your snacks, DeafNala, here it is...

Thank you, Andrew!

The final part of the battle was underway.
The Possessed had moved back, hoping to contain the Elves on the other side of the Docks. There were a limited number of ways to cross them and therefore it would be easier to predict where the Elves would attack.
Bert was hoping that this move would counter the Elven advantage of speed.

A few shots of the positions taken up by the Possessed once that had finished their fallback

Whilst the Chaos scum were pulling back, the Shadow-Kin had not been idle.

The group that had reached the Docks were busy traversing the bridge of barrels.

The small group that had been advancing along the left flank had begun to pull back, as the bellowing of a huge Possessed could be heard, and it must be coming their way!
Not only was the monster closing on them, but it was being reinforced by the larger part of the Chaos warband, who had been joined by the hired Warlock who had closed the gap by using his sorcerous powers and was now an additional threat to the beleagured Elves.
They had, quite obviously, decided that discretion was the better part of valour!

Meanwhile, the larger group in the centre had moved up to provide covering fire from the other end of the Docks.

The small flanking force crossing the barrel bridge had reached the other side of the Docks, and could see the wounded and angry Possessed coming their way!

The speed of the injured Possessed surprised the flanking force as it finished it's move close enough to stop them from running. They now had to consider their options; Either take a couple of shots and hope to take it out of action, or charge it and get their attacks in first!
What to do?

Deciding that taking it down from a distance was the most sensible option, they let fly their arrows.....
And hit!
But once again, the tough hide of the foul creature had saved it as it!
As it regained its feet, yet more arrows sticking out from it's hide, it started to look really pissed.....
Had they been so distracted by the huge monstrosity that they had failed to notice the heavily muscled mutant that was right behind it and closing the gap rapidly?

Back on the other side of the battlefield the Possessed had launched their assault!
The uninjured monster rushed into the fray, aided by the Warlock, who again used sorcerous means to close the gap.

It was not looking good for the two Elven warriors on the left as, should they survive the first attack, more chaotic reinforcements were on the way!

In the centre the Elven bowfire had taken its toll again, and this time had taken one of their foul enemies out of action.

Back to the Docks and the Mutant had moved forward to offer assistance to the, once more wounded, Possessed.
This move effectively ended any chance of the Elves making it off of this side of the table unless they killed the Chaos creatures blocking their way.

Seeing no other alternative, the brave (or foolish!) Elves charged!
The Elven Champion charged the three-armed Mutant and engaged the foe.
Savage combat ensued, with neither combatant able to gain the advantage.
The Warrior that charged the huge Possessed had better luck, though, as he managed to knock the monstrosity to the ground.
Now he just had to finish it off!

While this viscous combat was taking place, another equally brutal fight was taking place on the Elven left flank.
In the combat that took place amidst the ruins, one of the Elves had been felled by the huge Possessed, while his companion had run the Warlock through with his sword.
The two victors now clashed, as the chaotic reinforcements moved in.
It was begining to lookl rather grim for the lone Elf!

Back to the combat at the Docks, and the valient warrior who had taken down the Possessed had managed to finish off his opponent. Roaring his victory cry he turned to aid his companion, who had been taken down by the gross Mutant.

The feeble attacks from the pointy-eared warrior bouncing off of it's toughened hide, the other Possessed made short work of the remaining Elf on the left flank, one of its huge claws lashing out and removing the head of its antagonist!

After a couple of rounds of bloodthirsty combat both sides had now lost two of their number.
There would now have to be a Rout test taken at the start of each turn to see if the nerve of each warband held!
As it was now the turn of the Possessed they had to take the first of these Rout tests.
Should they pass, the pressure may well begin to tell on the Shadow Elves.
Bert took the dice in hand to take the first test.........
.......and failed!

The Possessed had seen enough and took to their heels to lick their wounds.

The Shadow Elves had won the day.
But at what cost?

Offline The Lockswin

• Bookworm
« Reply #451 on: January 16, 2012, 04:23:40 PM »
This was only my 2nd game of Mordheim and it felt good when i actually won!!!

Big thanks goes out to Bert who took up the challenge and aided me throughout the game with the rules and such.
Also, thanks to mason, for as you all know has one of the best gaming tables out there and because of this, made the game more enchanting to play.

As my first foray into the town of Krappefortt as the shadow elf warband Grey Dawn ended in defeat, i was hoping for better fortune and boy did i get it!
The shouts of "six" (probably a bit too loud...sorry neighbours!) as i rolled the dice was getting more frequent and i was getting all the luck of the dice. (said dice, were removed from the rest and taken home for use in later exscursions into Krappefort.)

Its great doing the post battle sequence as you get xp which you use to gain new skills and upgrades to toughen up and improve your warband.
Its good to watch it grow from a fledgling force to a bunch of double 'ard you know the rest!!!
Had a great afternoon and look forward to the next one. Im currently painting my warband (Not painted for a number of years) and will post pictures of them when they are completed for you guys to comment on. :)

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #452 on: January 16, 2012, 05:39:10 PM »
This was only my 2nd game of Mordheim and it felt good when i actually won!!!

And richly deserved it was too! My pointy black hat off to Jason, who's elves were on their sophamore outing and managed to more than hold their own against a much greater experienced and downright nasty possessed warband.

The Shadow Elves shooting was phenominal, and did the elven race proud. Legolas himself would've been proud to claim those shots! This was reflected in a truly bewildering sequence of sixes to wound, resulting in much critical hit sadness for the possessed! But I put that down to superior elven bowmanship at its best, and Jason was a gracious and worthy opponent whose guile and pluck meant he deserved any luck which might have come his way on the day. I was impressed that after only one game Jason's tactical nouse was so well displayed, with very little help from me and Mason.

A thoroughly superb game and very enjoyable. I can see the Grey Dawn (superb name!) being quite a force to be reckoned with in the future.

The Lockswin - I salute you!  :D  (and good to see you made it on here Jason, well done, mate ;)).

(And He really did take the two d6s I'd lent him home after rolling so many 6's! Figured he deserved them as a memento of his victory - the lad done good!  :)
Bert
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:43:25 PM by Legionnaire Bert »

Offline The Lockswin

• Bookworm
« Reply #453 on: January 16, 2012, 06:24:29 PM »
Cheers Bert, it was a good game, looking forward to our next encounter! :)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #454 on: January 16, 2012, 08:03:24 PM »
The table, minis & cinematic report were WONDERFUL, only surpassed by the FINE display of good sportsmanship of the players. WELL DONE, Guys!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Halfling Quarter WIP -P31 UD:17/01
« Reply #455 on: January 17, 2012, 11:42:29 AM »
The table, minis & cinematic report were WONDERFUL, only surpassed by the FINE display of good sportsmanship of the players. WELL DONE, Guys!

You are quite correct, DeafNala, the guys certainly did show plenty of sportsmanship. Particularly Bert considering the dice rolls that The Lockswin was coming up with!
Maybe we should call him LUCKswin from now on!  ;)

It was THE longest game of Mordheim that I have known, and meant we only had time for one game.
I did not mind, though. I did not get to play myself, except for playing with the camera, hence the huge amount of pictures. It was a great game to watch, very tense at points as both sides tried to gain an advantage through their manouvering.

I realised that I had taken a few pics, amongst the many, of the Halfling Quarter in its current state. It had been placed on the table to fill a gap as it was almost finished, and usable in its current state.
I hope to finish it this week.

Here they are;

Should have pictures of this at the end of the week, along with some of Bert's Undead Pirates. (Yes, he remembered them this time!)

Until then.....

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:34:17 PM by Mason »

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #456 on: January 17, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »
Top effort again, Mason, well done, mate. ;)

Bert

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Halfling 1/4 - Almost there -P31) UD:1
« Reply #457 on: January 17, 2012, 05:41:13 PM »
Top effort again, Mason, well done, mate. ;)

Bert

Thanks, mate.

Nearly there with this now.
It WILL be finished this week, then I promise you I will get on with the other project that we are not allowed to mention on the Fantasy board ................

(Shush, dont tell anyone, but I think I got away with that!)   ;)

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
Cracking report Mason! Loved the pics and the story telling  - sounds like it was a blast to play. 8)

What a lucky so-and-so you are Lockswin - and I'm talking about playing on that table, never mind your dice rolls!

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
Cracking report Mason! Loved the pics and the story telling  - sounds like it was a blast to play. 8)

What a lucky so-and-so you are Lockswin - and I'm talking about playing on that table, never mind your dice rolls!

GW have Bugman's Bar, we have Mason's kitchen!  ;D No, we are incredibly lucky, Thantsants, it makes the game really come alive. Quite the best scenery it has ever been my privilege to play on! It's tastic.

Mason's raised the bar, though - I really feel like I have to do a decent job with my Dust Warfare table now (If FFG ever get around to realeasing it*). ::)

*Latest blurb sez late 1st quarter of this year, Dust fans. I hope so! My birthday's late April, it would be nice to think I could be having a game by then! :o

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
Well everyone knows the kitchen is the place to be when there's a party going on!  :D

Best of luck with the Dust project!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Another game More pics! -P31) UD:22/01
« Reply #461 on: January 22, 2012, 05:37:54 PM »
Played another game with Luckswin ( ;)) during the week.
(It is official- He is now obsessed!)

His Shadow Elves Vs my lovely Beastmen warband, beautifully painted by Pil, on their inaugural outing.
(I still have to complete their bases, but at least I finished the bases on the Kislevites that he painted for me last week!)

No time for a lengthy battle report at the moment.
Will just mention that the table was set up to represent one of the many Temples in Krappefortt.
Will just put the pics up for now and come back with a quick run through of how the game went later.

Firstly, a couple of pics of the table as it was set up for the start of the game with the warbands in place.

A few shots taken during the game. As usual we both forgot about the camera as the game progressed!
I think the pictures have transferred to photobucket in a completely mixed up order as usual, so they will not really tell the story if viewed in this order, but hey-ho, here they are...

Hope you like the pics, back later with details of what actually happened.....

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Another game- More pics -P31) UD:22/01
« Reply #462 on: January 23, 2012, 08:43:31 AM »
Sterling work chaps - great write up on the last couple of battle reports. Makes my Witch Hunters want to get back into Krappefort to spread the good word!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #463 on: January 23, 2012, 11:54:34 AM »
OOOOOH! PRETTY PHOTOS OF COOL STUFF! The absence of words at this time of the day is a plus...need coffee.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #464 on: January 23, 2012, 12:58:49 PM »
Sterling work chaps - great write up on the last couple of battle reports. Makes my Witch Hunters want to get back into Krappefort to spread the good word!

I think we will have to try and arrange an evening game soon, so that the servants of Sigmar can start some fires!
We have played the last three groups games during the afternoon, as we have all had the same days off of work.
The next time we play will have to be in the evening so that the Witch Hunters can stretch their legs!
Will get in touch.

OOOOOH! PRETTY PHOTOS OF COOL STUFF! The absence of words at this time of the day is a plus...need coffee.

That absence of words was a bonus for me. No time!