Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:18:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10485
  • Latest: Zombiu
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694510
  • Total Topics: 118611
  • Online Today: 570
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 468
Total: 474

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 395722 times)

Offline DFlynSqrl

• Mastermind
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Small projects request) UD:07/02
« Reply #510 on: February 11, 2012, 12:59:14 AM »
 :-* Krappefortt is awesome.

Finally sat down and went through this whole thread.  I love it.  Amazing seeing the progress you've made after all this time.  Now I need to go wipe all this drool off my keyboard before it's ruined.

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (The Final 'Fling Details -P33) UD:28/01
« Reply #511 on: February 11, 2012, 03:39:23 PM »
all looks splendid

what are those little white mushrooms made from?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #512 on: February 11, 2012, 11:18:15 PM »
Read through this thread again, and it's still mind blowingly good, from start to "finish" (cos it'll never be really finished, will it? ;)).

Thanks, Rochie!
I fear that you are probably right, I do not think it ever will.............. ::)

I don't think it's been mentioned already, but what about a small butchers stall, run by the sinister master butcher Hillary Briss, purveyor of exotic meats and the legendary "special stuff" that is available only to his most select customers.... ;)

Great idea!
I think I have just the parts for something like that.
That one is definitely going on the list!

:-* Krappefortt is awesome.

Finally sat down and went through this whole thread.  I love it.  Amazing seeing the progress you've made after all this time.  Now I need to go wipe all this drool off my keyboard before it's ruined.

lol
Thanks, DFlynSqrl!

all looks splendid

what are those little white mushrooms made from?

Thanks, anevilgiraffe!

The mushrooms are the 'flowers' from a dolls house plant.
I have had the plant for so long, and was going to use it on this piece, but when I went to open the packet I discovered that, over time, all the flowers had come loose and were rolling around in the packet!
They are basically just tiny plastic balls.
So I thought I would use them as fungi instead and I thought it had not worked when a friend (who shall remain nameless!) commented that I should have brushed off the polystyrene before taking the photos!
I am glad that someone saw their intended effect.....

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #513 on: February 11, 2012, 11:38:51 PM »
cool... I need some shrooms... any pointers to the flowers in question? the variety in size really helps

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #514 on: February 12, 2012, 04:34:39 PM »
cool... I need some shrooms... any pointers to the flowers in question? the variety in size really helps

They are 1/12 scale made by The Dolls House Emporium.
White Round Spray Flowers- 3331
I cant find them on their website, so they may be OOP now.
I am sure that you could find something similar in a Dolls House shop.

Offline Rochie

• Librarian
    • There's No More Room In Hell
« Reply #515 on: February 12, 2012, 04:57:58 PM »

They are 1/12 scale made by The Dolls House Emporium.
White Round Spray Flowers- 3331
I cant find them on their website, so they may be OOP now.
I am sure that you could find something similar in a Dolls House shop.

Sorry for butting in, but would the little balls from polystyrene packaging maybe work as an alternative? you know the little sods that get stuck to everything for days after breaking the packing up, they seem to come in different sizes, may be too soft, but maybe harden them with varnish or pva?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #516 on: February 12, 2012, 05:23:28 PM »
Sorry for butting in, but would the little balls from polystyrene packaging maybe work as an alternative? you know the little sods that get stuck to everything for days after breaking the packing up, they seem to come in different sizes, may be too soft, but maybe harden them with varnish or pva?

They may do, but these are much smaller than the standard 'ball' of polystyrene.
Well worth a try, though, as that is what one of my friends thought they were!

By the way, Rochie, I have found the parts for my take on the 'speciality butcher' that you suggested.
You may have distracted me from VSF (for a little while at least).

I guess that I will just have to make it at the same time as I am putting together my first VSF faction, so as not to get too carried away!  ;)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #517 on: February 13, 2012, 01:06:46 PM »

Just to warn you all that Kitsune and Legionnaire Bert are popping over for a game tonight.
Kitsune has his Granny-Burner's primed and ready to go, taking on Bert's new Undead warband in the environs of the Temple of Sigmar.

The Temple has recently been desecrated by a previous Undead band and the Witch Hunters are going to put things right.
Or so they hope!

Be warned; Pictures will be taken and will be inflicted upon the membership of this esteemed forum very soon!

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #518 on: February 13, 2012, 03:24:04 PM »
As for SMALL projects to lure you back I'd second a pub - The Krapp in Hand?

I like it! :D

Yeah, a tavern would be a good idea - sort it out, Mason! Would have to be intact of course, somewhere for the punters to carouse in between games. Might even be a game in a tavern brawl!

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #519 on: February 13, 2012, 03:25:45 PM »
Small projects?

- Fountain
- Statue
- Standalone Privy
- Sheds
- A couple of sewer entrances (for objectives/scenarios etc.)
- Debris/ruins
- A cart (smashed or intact)
- Small religious shrine or votive shrine

Standalone privy, Mason - yeah, sort that one out! (He's already got one of those once he's based it properly....)

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #520 on: February 13, 2012, 03:39:48 PM »
Just to warn you all that Kitsune and Legionnaire Bert are popping over for a game tonight.
Kitsune has his Granny-Burner's primed and ready to go, taking on Bert's new Undead warband in the environs of the Temple of Sigmar.

The Temple has recently been desecrated by a previous Undead band and the Witch Hunters are going to put things right.
Or so they hope!

Be warned; Pictures will be taken and will be inflicted upon the membership of this esteemed forum very soon!

Yep, Malkum von Castiron and his night crawlers - Das Nicht Krepen in Reikspiel - are making their debut tonight, taking on Ketusne's God botherers. And I know just where they can shove the Sigmarite equivalent of The Watchtower...

lol

Looking forward to this one, as I have a freshly painted warband. Suddenly got the urge to dabble with necromancy again after Mason introduced the rules for skeletons into our games (zombies with equipment). Been craving some GW skellies since they were released, so seemed the right opportunity...

Couldn't very well take on poor Kitsune's Witch Hunters with my Possessed, as they were a fledgling force last time we met a few months back and they are a nasty old bunch these days. So I needed a new warband anyway.

Ah, the children of the night - what an 'orrible racket they make! ;D

Mordheim and Papa John's pizza - does life get any better on a Monday? :D

Bert

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #521 on: February 13, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »

Or so they hope!

One can only imagine whats been going on in there!

Might even be a game in a tavern brawl!

I'm a dab hand at those   ;)

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
« Reply #522 on: February 13, 2012, 05:39:23 PM »
I like it! :D

Yeah, a tavern would be a good idea - sort it out, Mason! Would have to be intact of course, somewhere for the punters to carouse in between games. Might even be a game in a tavern brawl!

The only non damaged structure in the town, several patrons came to the taverns aid even as their own homes and businesses were being destroyed! Now the only fully functioning business left in the city, adventures and Ne'er-do-wells remain in an easy state of truths while within its "hallowed" walls for fear that the tavern may shut its doors to them, that or the ogre bouncers and guard dogs..

;)
Break out of your gaming shell! www.brokenegggames.com

"Yes, I am a ninja and no I won't show you my moves."

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (A Warning!) UD:07/02
« Reply #523 on: February 14, 2012, 11:44:44 AM »
Well, it's congrats to Kitsune and his Sigmar boys.

A good game, which I will defer to Mason's superior penmanship for the telling of.

Suffice to say it was a close game in the ruins of olde Krappefortt towne. In the end I am afraid the Nicht Krepen crept into the crypt, were crushed, and crept back out! A combination of a war hound tearing the seat out of my best pyjamas and Big George laying about him - an artist with sword and club that boy - was enough to give me pause for thought; thought too long and hard in the end, and Malkum von Castiron uttered his famous rallying battle cry of "Run away, run away!". ;D

Not a bad showing for my inaugral game with the undead, only lost one skelly. I was up for sticking that one out though - my vamp very nearly had the cursed warrior priest on the ropes! Kudos to Kitsune for a pretty impressive use of Soulfire, though.

The evil machinations of the heir of von Castiron will have to be put on hold for the time being....

Bert

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (A Warning!) UD:07/02
« Reply #524 on: February 14, 2012, 05:52:42 PM »
The only non damaged structure in the town, several patrons came to the taverns aid even as their own homes and businesses were being destroyed! Now the only fully functioning business left in the city, adventures and Ne'er-do-wells remain in an easy state of truths while within its "hallowed" walls for fear that the tavern may shut its doors to them, that or the ogre bouncers and guard dogs..

;)

That is pretty much an accurate description of The Bastard's Inn.

I do have two Inns/Taverns at the moment, the ruined Green Griffon which is also a Brothel, and the em4 Inn, which I have plans to cut up and extend and detail the interior. That is a fairly LARGE project, though, and one for the future.
It is going to be called the Bastard's Inn, the only fully operational Inn in Krappefortt.
It is the home of, and run by, Tom the Bastard, a half Ogre who controls all the Hired Swords in town.
It will be done. Eventually....

The Bastard's Inn is not only the headquarters of Tom the Bastard, Hired sword Agency boss, it is also the only 'neutral' area in town, where warbands have an unvoiced agreement not to resort to violence in any way.
Any who do will be fair game to ALL the other bands in the area.

As you can see from Bert's post above, the game took place last night with the Witch Hunters emerging victorious.
Kitsune took some photos on his phone during the game, and is going to send them to me shortly.
The added bonus of using the phone, apart from the fact that the pictures wont be blurry (his hands dont shake like mine!), is that you can position the phone in closer and in more confined spaces compared to a camera.
When he does, I will post them and give a rundown of what happened during the game......

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:22:49 PM by Mason »