Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 08:57:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 396204 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Bert's New Undead Warband) UD:20/02
« Reply #540 on: February 20, 2012, 05:24:04 PM »
A quick picture of Legionnaire Bert's new Undead Warband as used in the last battle report.

The Heroes are on the upper levels with the Skeletons shambling around below.

Later on an Appeal will be launched regarding one of these fellows.
Your help will be called for!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Save Jim-Jam Johnny! Pg-37) UD:20/02
« Reply #541 on: February 20, 2012, 07:12:06 PM »
Earlier today I mentioned that an Appeal would be launched.
Well, here it is!

Save Jim-Jam Johnny!

Last week we played a game of Mordheim between Kitsune's Witch Hunters and Legionnaire Bert's new Undead Warband.
When Bert revealed his new warband, complete with experimental Skeleton Warriors, one of his Dregs instantly grabbed our attention.

He wasnt the biggest, he wasnt the most scary looking, and he certainly didnt have the most impressive armour!
But he did have one thing that no-one else, in any warband, had ever possessed!

He had Jim-Jams!

To those of you unfamiliar with this term, I mean he was wearing, what appeared to be, PYJAMAS!

Yes, this brave soul had turned up for battle dressed only in his night clothes!
What a star!
The fine fellow was sporting a rather fetching pair of blue and grey all-in-ones.
He had obviously not had the time to get himself properly dressed, and had just grabbed his weapons and helmet and charged into the fray.

Here is the chap himself;
(He is on the left of the Vampire, wearing his lovely attire!)

Here he is in a (rather blurry!- sorry) close-up;

He did his bit during the battle, before bravely going down in combat to the slavering jaws of a Warhound.
He was taken out of action and had to roll on the Serious Injury table, getting a rather surprising result;
He took a serious blow to the head which resulted in him now being affected by Frenzy!

What a result!
A frenzied lunatic Dreg tearing around the streets of Krappefortt in his Jim-Jams....

We all thought that this was highly hilarious.......except for Bert!

He thought that it was inappropriate for a frenzied Dreg to be seen in his nightclothes and dropped the bombshell- He was going to paint up another figure to represent his frothing lunatic.

NOOOOOOOO!

We tried to talk him around, but he seems pretty fixated with the idea.

So, Please, Help!

Help us convince Bert that Jim-Jam Johnny must live on!

Please, please, please, help....Stop Bert from killing him off!

He must be convinced that Johnny deserves to live.

Please....SAVE JIM-JAM JOHNNY!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Help! Save Jim-Jam Johnny! Pg-37) UD:20/02
« Reply #542 on: February 20, 2012, 09:06:21 PM »
Being a Creature of the Night does make going into combat wearing P.J.s appropriate...the Ghosts favor nightshirts. What Johnny needs is a nightcap of the non-alcohol variety & perhaps a Teddy Bear or similar stuffed animal of his choice...the right fashion accessories make an ordinary outfit tres chic. I personally applaud his/its bold fashion statement; so few Dregs take their appearance seriously. BRAVO, JOHNNY!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Help! Save Jim-Jam Johnny! Pg-37) UD:20/02
« Reply #543 on: February 20, 2012, 09:20:13 PM »
Whatever it takes to save Pyjama-Boy  - I'm in. This is what I love about Mordheim - the narrative that the games create, and the way that the warriors of a warband become more than just models. Jim-Jam Johnny is a perfect example of this - AND THEREFORE MUST BE SAVED!
He can't be - gasp! - replaced. My Black Orc warband had a henchman called Crazy Hat, in reference to his rather spiffing black and white striped pointy hat. Whenver he died (and he died frequently) I would simply purchase the henchman again and use the same model and name - SO THAT CRAZY HAT COULD LIVE ON!
So, anything to save Jim-Jam - it's worth it!

Amazing and beautiful table by the way. Superb stuff!
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #544 on: February 20, 2012, 10:30:07 PM »
Well if Wee Willie Winkie could manage to be scary -

I don't see why Jim-Jam Johnny can't manage it!  ;)

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #545 on: February 21, 2012, 04:04:45 AM »
Those are nice miniatures full of character.
This is a great thread.  :-*

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #546 on: February 21, 2012, 08:13:33 AM »
Bert, if any of our entreaties can induce you to save Johhny, well, I can only add to the calls to save your pyjama-clad fellow.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #547 on: February 21, 2012, 08:45:03 AM »
Bert, please save Jim-Jam Johnny! Wargaming needs good comedy and great background stories.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Help! Save Jim-Jam Johnny! Pg-37) UD:2
« Reply #548 on: February 21, 2012, 10:17:00 AM »
Thank you, Chaps!
All of you!

Are you listening, Bert?
Dont do it!
The people speak!

If anyone else would like to add their voice to this appeal, before Bert commits an atrocity that he will soon regret, then please help;

Save Jim -Jam Johnny!

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #549 on: February 21, 2012, 10:37:55 AM »
There is only the one Jim Jams! He also had what looked like a saucepan on his head, but I was assured that this was a helmet.

Come on Bertie, you know that real berserker forgoes clothes!

Heres a cut of the BADBOY in action against the warhound:

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #550 on: February 21, 2012, 11:48:51 AM »
Alas, fellas, you are all too late...

JJJ (or Herman Gerhning to give him his proper name!) was re-painted only last night. He is now sporting the tattered uniform of a State trooper of Stirland, with the Stir River Patrol variant.

Most amusing posts though gents, well done one and all lol. A shame you are all too late, alas.

I never intended for my boy to go to war clad in his jammies. I just couldn't think what colour scheme to make his duds! Dregs are supposed to be, well, the dregs of society, and I wanted all three to look less than quality human retainers. To that end I combined parts from the Empire Militia and zombie sprues, with the results that I have one dreg bearing a DH waepon with a very ugly face and slack jaw (Odo Druhling), another dragging a gammy leg behind him (Herr Schwannschtucker) and Herman wearing his tattered jammies. I wasn't 100% happy with his look, and this was sealed after an evening of mirthsome grief from the other two 'erberts purporting to be my friends! I daresay poor Herman's fate is now sealed and he will forever be known as Jim Jam Johnnie by all and sundry, but at least I know who he really is...

I have high hopes for Herr Guhrning, now that he is Frenzied. I've just bought him some nice padded armour to go under his PJs (now a more acceptable green and white).

You can judge his new appearance for yourselves the next time Das Nicht Krepen take to the streets of Krappefortt... ;)

Bert

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #551 on: February 21, 2012, 01:06:23 PM »
and the wargaming world wept  :'(

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #552 on: February 21, 2012, 01:10:29 PM »
and the wargaming world wept  :'(

Don't get me wrong, Dijit, I am strongly in favour of a bit of comedy in Mordheim! My character, henchman and warband names generally reflect that.

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #553 on: February 21, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »
It is now the objective of the Brotherhood to burn those who ordered JJJ to put his togs on.

Next time on the table, Bert - grudge match.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Help! Save Jim-Jam Johnny! Pg-37) UD:2
« Reply #554 on: February 21, 2012, 02:00:22 PM »
Alas, fellas, you are all too late...

JJJ (or Herman Gerhning to give him his proper name!) was re-painted only last night. He is now sporting the tattered uniform of a State trooper of Stirland, with the Stir River Patrol variant.

A shame you are all too late, alas.

Nooooooooooooo!

Why did you do it, Bert?
The poor fella will never be the same again.
Krappefortt laments....... :'( :'( :'(

It is now the objective of the Brotherhood to burn those who ordered JJJ to put his togs on.

Next time on the table, Bert - grudge match.

Not if the Veal of Baska get 'em first!

Kill the Heretics!