Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 10:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 396226 times)

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
    • Faber Ambitious Mordheim Project
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Campaign House Rules) UD: 14/08
« Reply #660 on: August 14, 2012, 08:35:56 AM »
cool house rules pal! something you need for a serious campaign  8)
and love the accidental death rule  lol

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Townsfolk) UD: 14/08
« Reply #661 on: August 14, 2012, 09:44:08 PM »
cool house rules pal! something you need for a serious campaign  8)
and love the accidental death rule  lol

Thanks, Faber.
It was certainly helpful to have them all written down before we started and we all believe that they added a lot of flavour and balance to the games that were played.

On a different note here are a few figures that panzerfaust65 gave me to use as inhabitants for The Bastard's Inn, the only inhabited area of Krappefortt.

They made a nice gift and shall see service in a future game of Mordheim.
panzerfaust65 will be joining us for a multi-player game of Mordheim soon and will be bringing his Sisters of Sigmar, which I shall try to get some good pictures of for our benefit.

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
« Reply #662 on: August 14, 2012, 10:18:31 PM »
One day I'll just swim the canal just to have a game of Mordheim with you... I so love all your stuff  ;D
Be mindful of the prayers you send
Pray hard but pray with care
For the tears that you are crying now
Are just your answered prayers

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #663 on: August 15, 2012, 11:53:22 AM »
The Town Folk are VERY NICELY DONE! The Strumpet is one of those minis I've painted a few times & enjoyed each time I've done her.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (The Warlock) UD: 16/08
« Reply #664 on: August 15, 2012, 11:55:14 PM »
One day I'll just swim the canal just to have a game of Mordheim with you... I so love all your stuff  ;D

Thanks, Mo!!
If you are ever this side of the canal you had better let me know.
You are more than welcome.
 ;)

The Town Folk are VERY NICELY DONE! The Strumpet is one of those minis I've painted a few times & enjoyed each time I've done her.

Thanks, DeafNala!
I really appreciate the fact that panzerfaust65 painted them for me.
What I do not appreciate is the fact that now I have to paint some more inhabitants of the Bastard's Inn!
 ::)

Of course, I have been intending to do them for some time but have been distracted by Strange Aeons stuff...

That and all the rest of the scenery pieces that I want to make....

Anyways, one of the things that I came across when I took pictures of the Townsfolk was one of the Hired Swords that should have been included earlier, when I posted the rest of them.

Well, better late than never: Here he is,

The Warlock.

Hope that you like him.

Some of the players in the last campaign really did not!

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #665 on: August 16, 2012, 07:49:04 AM »
Lovely additions - the townsfolk are excellent but you definitely need some drunks and a Del Boy style conman!

The Warlock is great too - I  can only imagine what trickery has made him so unpopular with your players  >:D

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #666 on: August 16, 2012, 08:18:37 AM »
I don't frequent the Fantasy board much and look what I have been missing lately. :)

Cracking stuff, I especially love the town buildings ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #667 on: August 16, 2012, 08:31:08 AM »
Yeah that is really awesome!   :o

I love the town personalities.

I don't frequent the Fantasy board much and look what I have been missing lately. :)

I've noticed. Not a word on my misgivings. Daddy's not mad...  lol
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #668 on: August 16, 2012, 08:44:58 AM »
My man,please stop.....I've too many projects as it is without you inspiring me all the time....And those barbarians do need a place to visit :)

PS And the girl is cracking :D
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #669 on: August 16, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »
I really like what you did with the Warlock; his Liche like pallor is very striking, & disturbing. VERY WELL DONE!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #670 on: August 16, 2012, 01:06:38 PM »

And you wondered why I don't come here often ;) lol

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #671 on: August 17, 2012, 09:14:39 AM »
Lovely additions - the townsfolk are excellent but you definitely need some drunks and a Del Boy style conman!

The Warlock is great too - I  can only imagine what trickery has made him so unpopular with your players  >:D

Thanks, Thatsants!
Drunks and a Del-Boy would be fun, flogging the warbands slightly dodgy gear.....could be fun to come up with some rules for that one.
 lol

Cracking stuff, I especially love the town buildings ;D

Thanks, Malamute!
Maybe you should pop over more often...

Yeah that is really awesome!   :o

I love the town personalities.

Thanks, Dr the Viking!
Not quite as much 'personality' as your projects, though!
 o_o

My man,please stop.....I've too many projects as it is without you inspiring me all the time....And those barbarians do need a place to visit :)

PS And the girl is cracking :D

Thanks, Mr Wolf!
Only if you stop producing such cracking projects that keep distracting me from what I should be doing!
 ;)

I really like what you did with the Warlock; his Liche like pallor is very striking, & disturbing. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks, DeafNala!
His use of make-up is rather disturbing, isnt it?

:o :o :o

And you wondered why I don't come here often ;) lol

Cant say that I can blame you!
Scary Spiders!
Better to stick with Gothic Horror, much less scary!

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #672 on: August 17, 2012, 02:58:36 PM »
I'll add my four pennorth (or should that be Pffenigs?) worth to cover the rules Mason mentioned but hadn't included on his list:

Craters
Negative terrain feature, so models in them don’t count as blocking LOS.  Difficult terrain.  For shooters targeting models in craters on the same level, the craters count as cover. For shooters shooting into the crater from a higher level this negates cover.

Drowning
There are a few rivers and many water ways in the town of Krappeforte, especially around the dock areas. It is all too easy for a model to fall into the water, especially as the result of being shot at the water’s edge and failing an initiative test.

Once a model is in the water they must test for drowning in the following manner.

•   They must take an immediate Initiative test to see if the model can grasp a suitable piece of dock, bank etc to avoid properly going into the water. If passed they have saved themselves from going under, and can spend the next turn clambering out of the water onto a suitable adjacent piece of dockside, river bank etc. They may do no more this turn. If failed, they are well and truly under the water and must test for drowning in each subsequent turn – follow the steps below

1.   At the start of each of their turns they must make a Toughness Test. If this is failed, they must roll for injury to see if they are Knocked Down, Stunned or Out of Action. If passed, they are no longer drowning and may in a subsequent turn exit the water in the manner described above. A knocked down model must make the toughness test at the start of their next turn again, and if failed roll for injury. A stunned model automatically rolls on the injury table to see if they remain stunned or get taken out of action; if they are instead knocked down they make a toughness test at the start of their next turn again. And so on until they either manage to stop drowning and extricate themselves from the water, keep floundering around in the water, or succumb to the water and go out of action. A friendly model may automatically help the drowning model out of the water if they do nothing else in their turn, and could reasonably reach them from their position – this means practically being next to the drowning model on a dockside, river bank, boat or similar. On the turn the friendly model helps their comrade out of the water neither may do anything else, but both are considered to be standing on their feet and may act normally again from the following turn.

2.   Models who are taken out of action must roll on the Serious Injury Table as per normal after suffering an out of action injury result, EXCEPT that any injury rolled which seems inappropriate for having drowned should be ignored, and treated as a Full Recovery result – the model’s had a nasty experience which has incapacitated them for the game, but it is a short-term effect. E.g. a character would not be blinded in one eye, lose a limb, gain horrible scars or be sold to the pits because they fell into some water! However, it’s reasonable that they may have died – they drowned! Possibly suffered -1T due a chest infection picked up through being soaked and getting very cold? It should be fairly obvious what is appropriate and what isn’t when looking at the Serious Injury Table, with a bit of player common sense. This does mean that whilst there is a risk of a drowned character dying, it is more likely that they will make a full recovery and have suffered no worse than being temporarily inconvenienced.

Rolls of 7+

When a model needs 7 or more either to hit with shooting or to wound (more commonly in hand to hand, but conceivably also with shooting), they first need to roll a 6 and then a second roll of…

7 – 4+
8 – 5+
9 – 6+
10 – shot not possible (some shots are just plain impossible, despite what Terry Pratchett wrote in Guards! Guards!...), or the target is just too damn tough for the strength of the weapon trying to wound.

When a successful wound roll of 6 is made, in order to do critical damage the person inflicting the hit still needs to get the second result needed (i.e. 4+ when a 7 is required) in order to do the critical hit. The good news is if someone has managed that level of dice success the resulting wound is guaranteed to be quite devastating!

Skeletons
Skeletons have the same stats (nad cost) as Zombies, but have access to the Undead Hand-to-hand Combat list. A skeleton can only be equipped with one weapon, no dual-wielding of weapons is allowed.

Skeletons kit is by it's very nature rusting, crumbling and decaying. If a weapon scores a critical hit, it falls apart! It may noit be used for the remainder of the game, but can be used again in the next game - such a manky old weapon won't be hard to replace. If a shield makes its 6+ Invulnerable Save then it likewise falls to pieces and cannot be used for the rest of the game; it may also be repalced for free ahead of the next game.

Spell casting in combat
A spell user may cast a spell during the shooting phase whilst in combat but if the spell has a target it must be one which is in base to base contact with the spell user. Any other spells are permissible during the shooting phase if the caster is in combat – even if this would mean them leaving the combat (there are a few spells which allow immediate movement). It can be assumed the magical forces involved supersede the usual rules for leaving combat. An exception to this is ‘shooting’ style magic – they are treated as shooting for the purposes of targeting. This means a magic user in combat cannot cast this style of spell while they are engaged in hand to hand.

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
Well, Bertie, it seems the good man (panzerfaust65) does want to bring his Sisters out of retirement!
In fact, we should have another forum member joining us for the evening, one Mr smokezombie.

So, a four-player game looks on the cards for the evening!
Pictures will of course be taken, and will include two warbands that have not been seen on here before.

Nice one mate! 8) Got a couple of warband ideas floating around, one of which is a Witch Hunter warband which isn't the most appropriate warband to fight against the Sisters (although it does happen - seems the servants of Sigmar are no more accommodating than their real-world Christian counterparts!). Reckon my elite merc warband might be the one to go with - easiest to paint, too! I shall start work this very weekend...

Bert

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #674 on: August 17, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »
Nice jpb, again, Mason!!!!

Is the Miner still digginglol