Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 10:26:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 396229 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Game set-up) UD: 28/08
« Reply #705 on: August 29, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »
Hmm I feel we are missing a few buildings. A wood mill, market square I have others. Waiting for you to get the bug again....  :D

Dont you start that lark again!
Look what happened last time....
 ;)

yeah! both for that holy sisters and the incredible setting!  :-* :-* :-*
Amazing table pal. It seems you can have a goooood gaming time in Krappefortt  8)

Thanks, Faber!
The Sisters are very nice, my quick pic does not really do them justice.

Nice, are those PMC pre painted I spy?

Yep!
There are a few PMC productions in there.

Very nice table.  And a good take on the Sisters, too.  As always, thanks for sharing.

Thanks, mweaver!
I am glad that you approve.
 :)

Mason strikes again! I really will try and get over for some multiplayer mordheim some point soonish.

It is about time, mate.
 ::)

Don't encourage him Ninja!  ;D He'll be running out of storage space in the scenery cupboard, and before you know it I'll have to offer to store some of it for him... ::)

Bert

You can pack it in too!

I have unfinished business with Big George and the rest of your Sigmar psalm singers... >:D

That sounds like fighting talk to me!
 :D

I've got to ask, since it crops up quite often: what is AAR?

After Action Report, as far as I know.
I hadnt heard of it before I signed up here either.

I had better start a new post for the battle report or it will just look daft...

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:01:30 PM by Mason »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (3-Way Game) UD: 29/08
« Reply #706 on: August 29, 2012, 04:40:16 PM »
Battle Report.

Sisters of Sigmar and Witch Hunters Vs. Dwarves

The new Matriarch in town, Helga Thunderhosen had been informed that a hardened band of short bearded vandals had been spotted digging up the Holy, most Hallowed ground surrounding the Shrine of St Agnes of the Blessed Nipple.
Realising that her gals were relatively new to town, and did not really know the 'Rules' yet, she enlisted the aid of the local Witch Hunters Office to assist her in the eviction of the unwanted 'Guests'!

So. It would be two onto one.
Most definitely a challenge for those vertically struggling!

(The reason behind this was to enable three players, as the difference between Bert's Experienced Dwarves and panzerfaust65's virgin Virgins was quite serious, so I quickly put together a Novice Witch Hunter band to even things up. Ratings for both sides were approx. 200pts.
Would the famous warband rating system (!) stand up to the test?)

The Sisters elected to deploy along the Docks in an orderly fashion.

Meanwhile, the Witch Hunters formed up in a much more leisurely fashion

Some of their number had been ordered to take the high route through the walkways and scaffolding in the Temple.

This group was strictly 'volunteers only' as there were a group of Bearded Vandals, armed with Handguns and Crossbows, spotted at the other end of the Temple. It was time to evict them!

Meanwhile the leader of the Dwarves was giving a lesson in Stoneworking to the two beardlings by the Graveyard, using his pistol to point out areas of shoddy human workmanship.

The Sigmarite Alliance advanced at full speed towards the Dwarves on the other side of the Shrine.

One half of the Witch Hunter band heading through an alleyway, towards the Graveyard.....

.....whilst the rest of the Brotherhood took the high road and risked the firepower of the angry squatters to attempt to close with them and unleash righteous fury! (A couple of the wiser fellows headed underneath the scaffolding to avoid being shot....)

Meanwhile, the Sisters continued their orderly advance, staying in parade ground formation as they too advanced towards the intruders.

The roof of one particular pig-sty was heard to creak ominously as the good ladies kept formation.

As they advanced on the left flank, the remaining Sisters tried in vain to explain the concept of formation to their hired ogre, who failed to comprehend and headed towards the Graveyard at full pelt.

There was no way that the ladies were going to keep up with him....

To be continued...........

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:05:37 PM by Mason »

Offline Kyusumu

• Bookworm
« Reply #707 on: August 29, 2012, 07:13:58 PM »
You've done a fantastic job on that table Mason.  :)

Very inspiring!

Thank you for all the pics, WIP and Battle Report updates.  Definitely one of my favorite threads.
When fighting the thousand, you must still defeat them one at a time.

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Dwarf Miner Rules) UD: 18/08
« Reply #708 on: August 29, 2012, 10:37:53 PM »
Great Stuff

This also allowed the Dwarves an extra Hero, so they no longer received the +1 Shard at the end of the game.

I agree with this at the start but when the warband has 6 heroes shouldn't they have the +1?

I'm going to add this guy to the Dwarves of Bakkenwald so I'll let you know....
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:09:17 AM by thebinmann »

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #709 on: August 29, 2012, 11:47:52 PM »
Just a quick question about the miner, does he start with EXP?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #710 on: August 30, 2012, 11:18:43 AM »
You've done a fantastic job on that table Mason.  :)

Very inspiring!

Thank you for all the pics, WIP and Battle Report updates.  Definitely one of my favorite threads.

Thank you very much, Kyusumu!
Welcome to the forum!

Great Stuff

I agree with this at the start but when the warband has 6 heroes shouldn't they have the +1?

I'm going to add this guy to the Dwarves of Bakkenwald so I'll let you know....

If the Dwarves get to 6 Heroes for any reason they should still receive one dice per surviving Hero in the end-phase.

The '+1' I was referring to is this:

Incomparable Miners: Dwarfs spend much of their lives underground searching for precious minerals, and they are the best in the world at this kind of work. In the city of Mordheim they apply similar skills to the search for wyrdstone. When checking for wyrdstone at the end of a game, add +1 to the number of pieces found for a Dwarf warband.

This is the skill that Dwarf Treasure Hunters get in the official rules.
It may make sense to keep this bonus, as they are still great Miners, but it was removed as it would effectively give Dwarf Warbands a +2.

Well spotted. Adam!
I forgot to add that.
 ::)

A Miner should start with 10 Exp, the same as an Engineer.
I will amend the earlier entry.

Let me know how you get on with the rules.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #711 on: August 30, 2012, 12:08:41 PM »
OOH! MORE PRETTY PICTURES! Everything looks FANTASTIC. I love the walkway that utilizes the statue & pillar. The minis are GREAT. I'll get to the words sometime after my second cup of coffee.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:27:38 PM by DeafNala »
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Game set-up) UD: 28/08
« Reply #712 on: August 30, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »

That sounds like fighting talk to me!
 :D

After Action Report, as far as I know.
I hadnt heard of it before I signed up here either.

Oh yes - that's the gauntlet laid down for Kitsune!

After Action Report is a bit militiaristic isn't it? ::) Does the job, though - you know instantly it's shorthand for a game report (even if - like DeafNala - I wasn't entirley sure what it stood for! :? I was less willing to admit my ignorance; well done, MR* D ;)). I hadn't heard of it prior to the forum, either! The term I'd come across before was Batrep - short for Battle Report. Only seems completely relevant to a full tabletop wargame, though - not right for skirmish action. AAR fits the bill nicely - appeals to the civil servant in me (we inhabit a world rife with acronyms ;D).

Enough talk - must read Mason's fine AAR! 8)

*See, I'm calling DeafNala MR again, Mason!  lol

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #713 on: August 30, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »

Hope you don't mind me leaping in Mason, but I can answer this 'un quickly - he starts with the same XP as an Engineer, Binmann. He's just an Engineer with extra rules, really.

Bert

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #714 on: August 30, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »
Great start to the AAR Mason ;). Your pics have come out luvverly this time, mate. You must have the imp in your picture box well trained by now! :D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #715 on: August 30, 2012, 01:37:32 PM »
OOH! MORE PRETTY PICTURES! Everything looks FANTASTIC. I love the walkway that utilizes the statue & pillar. The minis are GREAT. I'll get to the word sometime after my second cup of coffee.

Thanks, Amigo!
I enjoyed making that particular walkway, too.
A nice change from ruddy great buildings!

Back to the report.

An overview of where we left it, with the forces of Sigmar advancing on the Squat(ters) Dwarves.

The Handgun-armed Shorties advance into the Temple to gain better firing positions on the advancing religous loonies.

Meanwhile the Dwarf Noble bravely leads the Beardlings forward towards the oncoming Sisters.

The Sisters, accompanied by their ever-so-eager Ogre move forwards to engage the Dwarven leader

At this time, the Templars are advancing into the other end of the Shrine

Whilst the other group of Temple servants up high brace themselves for the incoming fire that they know will be coming their way soon.

Another birds-eye view of the opposing sides as they are about to clash.

The Ogre smashes into the barricade in his attempt to eat a Beardling for lunch, followed by the Sisters entering the Shrine.
At the other end of the Shrine, the Templars are moving forward to try and find a way to reach the missile-armed Dwarves who are filling their companions with holes.

A closer shot of the angry Ogre being denied by the Beardlings, while the Sisters line up and await their turn to engage the Noble.

Whilst the combat involving the Sisters had begun, the Templars almost have their opponents in their reach, having endured a barrage of sharp pointy things, and leaving one of their numbering bruised and bleeding, having been struck by a crossbow bolt and falling from the walkway to the hard stone floor beneath.
Rather miraculously, he was still alive!

Seeing this, the Dwarf gunners load and fire as quickly as they can, as they brace for the oncoming assault.

At this point I either forgot top take pictures, or they just came out so bad that they were deleted.
So, from now on,  words will have to suffice.

Which I will have to write later (real life has intruded).....

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #716 on: August 31, 2012, 11:53:52 PM »
If the Dwarves get to 6 Heroes for any reason they should still receive one dice per surviving Hero in the end-phase.

The '+1' I was referring to is this:

Incomparable Miners: Dwarfs spend much of their lives underground searching for precious minerals, and they are the best in the world at this kind of work. In the city of Mordheim they apply similar skills to the search for wyrdstone. When checking for wyrdstone at the end of a game, add +1 to the number of pieces found for a Dwarf warband.

This is the skill that Dwarf Treasure Hunters get in the official rules.
It may make sense to keep this bonus, as they are still great Miners, but it was removed as it would effectively give Dwarf Warbands a +2.

Yes, but if they had 2 the lads done good (could take some tme I suppose) they'd be a six plus 1. I thought at 6 heroes they should therefore get the +1 back, but hen that would be slight skewed as theat would be one lad"s got talent not 2, so it gets a little messy I guess. It is just harder for them in scenarioes like treasure hunt etc...

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (3-Way Game- Pt 2) UD: 30/08
« Reply #717 on: September 01, 2012, 03:31:55 PM »
Lovely stuff again!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #718 on: September 02, 2012, 06:44:49 PM »
Yes, but if they had 2 the lads done good (could take some tme I suppose) they'd be a six plus 1. I thought at 6 heroes they should therefore get the +1 back, but hen that would be slight skewed as theat would be one lad"s got talent not 2, so it gets a little messy I guess. It is just harder for them in scenarioes like treasure hunt etc...

It should not really be a problem, as the maximum number of Heroes allowed in any warband is six.
Being allowed to roll six dice in the exploration phase (again, the maximum) is enough of a bonus anyway.
With that many dice (assuming that your Heroes were not taken Out of Action) you should get a decent enough result anyway.

Back to the game.
No more pics, I am afraid, I am pretty sure that we all forgot due to the action getting a little intense.
That is my excuse anyway, and I am sticking to it!
The forces of Sigmar were all in position to charge next turn when the Miner chose that moment to break through the surface of the Graveyard.
Unluckily for him and the two Trollslayers that accompanied him, that was the worst place that they could possibly be, as the place was crawling with worshippers of Sigmar filled with righteous fervour and wielding ruddy great hammers!

The following turn was pretty serious for the Dwarves.
They were charged by most of the Sisters and Templars during that turn, losing almost all of their heroes in that turn.

The Dwarves quickly realised that staying was not a sensible option and promptly packed up and left.

The warband rating system obviously does not work when you use more than one warband on each side, as the sheer number of opponents that the Dwarves faced was too much for them, even with all their experience.

You have been warned!

Now we just need to find a system that better reflects the ability of a warband rather than using the one in the rulebook...

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #719 on: September 03, 2012, 12:52:28 AM »
It should not really be a problem, as the maximum number of Heroes allowed in any warband is six.
Being allowed to roll six dice in the exploration phase (again, the maximum) is enough of a bonus anyway.
With that many dice (assuming that your Heroes were not taken Out of Action) you should get a decent enough result anyway.

Yes, I suppose like that it's no problem I guess I haven't rolled that many dice yet.....

Back to the game.

Great idea