Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:02:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10485
  • Latest: Zombiu
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694511
  • Total Topics: 118611
  • Online Today: 576
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 395756 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Beastmen Vs Dwarf Pics) UD: 04/09
« Reply #720 on: September 03, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »
Some pics from another game played last week.

Beastmen Vs Dwarves in a Chance Encounter.

The Beastmen began the game in the centre of the board, gathered around the Shrine of St. Agnes, defiling as they went.

The Dwarves were by the Docks when the Beasts were spotted.
Crossbows were quickly loaded!

Upon hearing the cocking of crossbows, the Shrine quickly cleared as the Beastmen ran for cover.

A few more pics of some of the action.

Needless to say, as the Beasts were involved, it was a good day for the Dwarves.
With traditional Beastman fervour they broke and ran at the first sniff of a Rout Test.

Khorne the Blood God?
I think the are worshipping someone else...

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Beastmen Vs Dwarf pics) UD: 03/09
« Reply #721 on: September 04, 2012, 11:47:28 AM »
GREAT PHOTOS of some FINELY DONE minis in a STRIKING SETTING...now this is a fine way to start a day. Both War Bands are TERRIFIC...nice/fancy bases on the Beasty Guys. WONDERFUL STUFF!

My favorite sequence of photos are the crowded & instantly evacuated Shrine pics...very Bugs Bunny.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (3-Way Game) UD: 29/08
« Reply #722 on: September 04, 2012, 11:49:59 AM »
The warband rating system obviously does not work when you use more than one warband on each side, as the sheer number of opponents that the Dwarves faced was too much for them, even with all their experience.Now we just need to find a system that better reflects the ability of a warband rather than using the one in the rulebook...

I've been ruminating on this, and I don't think I entirely blame the Mordheim rules. I think if you appreciate the basic tennent that the rules are not designed for more than one warband to take on another, then I think the rating system works okay. In multi-player games using the Chaos on the Streets rules it is possible for this to happen (in fact, it's pretty common for two warbands to bash the granny out of a third, with the survivors then fighting each other; it sometimes isn't even a deliberate decision to do that and just works out that way. But it isn't a desirable situation, as some poor soul invariably has their buttocks handed to them on a platter :'().

I think as a rule it should always be avoided having a warband take on more than one opponent at a time, no matter the difference in warband rating, as no matter how highly rated your warband is, it probably isn't rugged enough to withstand the attention of pretty much double its number of foes (each with their own set of heroes and of course their own Rout Tests). The equation just doesn't compute.

It was a useful excerise to try out, and although I did get a proper scragging I only lost one hero - my least important - so I am no worse off for the experience. I think it's a good idea to try to match warbands in terms of rating wherever possible - in hindsight (which as we know always affords perefect 20-20 vision! ;)) I should have taken Panzerfaust on with a newbie warband, but I know the situation dictated otherwise - I only had my dwarves with me at the time, and it would have been deeply unfair to play a new warband with a player newly returning to the rules with such an expereinced band. All a good learning curve anyhoo. :D

S'all gravy, as the Brettonians say 8).

Bert
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:11:12 PM by Legionnaire Bert »

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #723 on: September 04, 2012, 12:18:32 PM »
GREAT PHOTOS of some FINELY DONE minis in a STRIKING SETTING...now this is a fine way to start a day. Both War Bands are TERRIFIC...nice/fancy bases on the Beasty Guys. WONDERFUL STUFF!

My favorite sequence of photos are the crowded & instantly evacuated Shrine pics...very Bugs Bunny.

Thanks mate! Always appreciate your kind comments ;).

Have to say that Mason is genuinely unlucky with his beastmen! Never have I known a man to miss more rolls to injure, make a saving throw or pass a rout test.

Ne're mind, Mason, the beasts are due to give somebody a hooj shallackin' sooner or later. They are the Tottenham Hotspur of Mordheim/Krappefortt - but are you the AVB Mason, hmm? Get that flasher's mac out the wardrobe son... ;D

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Beastmen Vs Dwarf Pics) UD: 04/09
« Reply #724 on: September 04, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »

Khorne the Blood God?
I think the are worshipping someone else...

Maybe they're worshipping Quorn instead? ;D

"Mushrooms for the Veggie God! Shrooms for the throne of Quorn....! As long as they are organically grown, ethically sourced and Fairtrade of course..."

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #725 on: September 05, 2012, 12:30:02 PM »
I'm pleased to announce that Mason got a win last night! 8) Not using his beastmen, alas, but during the inaugral outing of his Kislevites ("Oooooooh - me Kislevites!" :D) against Smoke Zombie's new Witch Hunters.

I am sure the great man hisself will provide details when he's free and able - suffice to say it was another enjoyable evening down in Krappefortt via Chez Mason (thanks, mate, and to Smoke Zombie too for being such a gracious and fun opponent who stoically bore the brunt of my outrageous dice rolling ::)). Poor old Smoke Zombie suffered a Robbed result in each game! Wander the streets of Krappefortt at your peril (much like it's namesake and inspiration, Catford* :P).

Bert

*That's the good people of Lewisham Council on the warpath now, not to mention the burghers of Catford Towne! :o

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Asylum District games) UD: 05/09
« Reply #726 on: September 05, 2012, 01:35:02 PM »
Yeah, OK, mate.
Very funny.

To be fair, it was my first win for a while.
Ever since I took up with the Beastmen things had not been going well:
Four sucessive losses due to the poor Leadership of Baska.
In fact, in the last game, I had three of the Beasts die. Two Hounds and the cursed Centigor!
Maybe now, after the weaker members have died off, I will be able to gain some blood for the Blood God. Other than the blood of the Herd, that is!

Last night did give me an opportunity to use the Kislevites.

Before that game, though, Bert and smokezombie had a right old ding-dong between the forces of Undeath and the righteous flames of the Witch Hunters of Sigmar.

Here are a few shots of the table set-up.

The table had been set up to represent the Krappefortt Asylum and its environs, with the large gothic building in the center of the table representing the ruined Asylum itself.

Back later with a few pics of the action....

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #727 on: September 05, 2012, 03:23:44 PM »
LOOKIN' GOOD! I don't recall seeing the Turreted Gatehouse thingy before...there are a lot of things I don't recall lately. That aside, it is pretty cool...works well for an asylum.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #728 on: September 05, 2012, 05:29:26 PM »
LOOKIN' GOOD! I don't recall seeing the Turreted Gatehouse thingy before...there are a lot of things I don't recall lately. That aside, it is pretty cool...works well for an asylum.

That is something that I picked up on ebay without a clue what it was, just the picture to go by.
It turned out to a pretty good result, and is a Mage Knight something-or-other.

Some pictures from the game.

The Witch Hunters advance towards the Asylum Gate.
The main group of Sigmarites headed through the alleyways near the Asylum

The Witch Hunter Captain and one of his trainees headed high, looking for a vantage point for their crossbows.

While the dogs had been let loose near the docks.

The Undead had set up as one large group opposite the main body of Witch Hunters approaching the Asylum Gate.

They headed directly towards the Holy Warriors, drifting through the buildings in an eiree silence.

The Witch Hunters had reached the opposite Tower and were readying their weapons.

It was starting to look like the two bands would clash outside the Asylum entrance

Back with the rest of the pics when I get a chance...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Asylum District games) UD: 06/09
« Reply #729 on: September 06, 2012, 01:19:24 PM »
Here are the rest of the pictures:

The Witch Hunter Captain led his companion to the top of one of the towers.

Meanwhile the two warbands crashed together in a fight that resounded from the walls of the Asylum.

The Necromancer tried his best to conceal himself behind one of the barricades......

.....whilst the Witch Hunter Captain, bravely directing his charges from the safety of the tower, was doing his best to shoot him full of pointy things!

Down below the crafty Captain, the battle had seen casualties taken by both sides.

The battle continued with the Witch Hunters getting the worst of it until the Warrior-Priest unleashed his prayer of Soulfire, killing, stunning or incapacitating a number of the Undead, including wounding the Vampire.

Unfortunately for the Sigmarites, the efforts of the Warrior -Priest were to prove insufficient, as the Undead striking back and forcing the Witch Hunters to rout, conceding the Asylum to the forces of Undeath.

Offline Engel

• Mastermind
« Reply #730 on: September 06, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »
"...whilst the Witch Hunter Captain, bravely directing his charges from the safety of the tower..."  :D

Great little aar. Its a nice collection of buildings, good to see them in use.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #731 on: September 06, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »
"...whilst the Witch Hunter Captain, bravely directing his charges from the safety of the tower..."

At least one of my Heroes(?), the Graf Von Grubb, directed his battles where the bullets were thickest; i.e., under the ammunition cart.
COOL BatRep & WONDERFUL photos...as always.

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #732 on: September 06, 2012, 02:39:13 PM »
Top pics Mason!  8) Thanks for doing the AAR mate, sterling effort.

I think Smoke Zombie's Witch Hunters did pretty well for a virgin outing, against a more experienced foe. Moment of the game for me was the Warrior Priest getting off Soul Fire - the area was duly cleansed of undead! I lost two skeletons to that piece of sorcery; well done to Sigmar's servant :).

But Das Nicht Kreppen carried the day. One step closer to hiring that ogre; if only dem ol' bones hadn't crumbled! Picked up an unfotunate straggler on the way home, who foolishly stopped to ask Malkum von Castiron (my vamp) the time - his reward was undying servitude! Saved me buying a skelly replacement, anyhoo.

Bert

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #733 on: September 06, 2012, 02:41:27 PM »
At least one of my Heroes(?), the Graf Von Grubb, directed his battles where the bullets were thickest; i.e., under the ammunition cart.

And nowt wrong with that, DeafNala! One of the advantages of command - lead from the back! "Carry on men - I'm behind you every step of the way!" :D It's looked upon positively as a virtue in skaven society...

(Not that I'm clling you a dirty rat ;D)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #734 on: September 06, 2012, 03:40:59 PM »
"...whilst the Witch Hunter Captain, bravely directing his charges from the safety of the tower..."  :D

Great little aar. Its a nice collection of buildings, good to see them in use.

Thanks, Engel!
They do seem to be get a fair bit of use these days.
A lot of them are doubling up for use in Strange Aeons too, which is a bonus!

COOL BatRep & WONDERFUL photos...as always.

Thanks, DeafNala!
My Beastman Chieftain always leads from the back.
He got a leg wound in his first game, though.
Makes him the slowest model in the herd.
At least he has an excuse..... ::)

One step closer to hiring that ogre

Oh-oh!
Like they really need something else that is really hard to put down....
Bloody skellies!