Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 12:08:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696161
  • Total Topics: 118746
  • Online Today: 388
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 396254 times)

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Awesome project!  :o

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM) Piled up for Silversixx! 30/05
« Reply #1036 on: May 30, 2013, 05:44:23 PM »

Just for you, you nutter......

This is all the buildings and smaller pieces of Krappefortt, as they live in the cupboard.

I hope that you are satisfied now, Skander!
 :D

Its alright, but the colours are all wrong. For example that green is far to vivid, it needs to be toned down a bit. Perhaps a drybrush or an ink wash?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM) Piled up for Silversixx! 30/05
« Reply #1037 on: May 30, 2013, 07:47:03 PM »
Its alright, but the colours are all wrong. For example that green is far to vivid, it needs to be toned down a bit. Perhaps a drybrush or an ink wash?

And the tree on the floor is clearly the WRONG scale!

Offline Teshub

• Librarian
  • Thereupon I marched against Skara and destroyed it
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Don't forget to label those  ;)
\"what slaughters of the people there were, what famine and what thirst oppressed the wretched earth.\" -History of the Franks

http://swordandsorceryrpg.com/

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Paul, that's a German pile  :'(

On a more mature note, that's lovely! :-*

Some people are never happy...... ;)

I can relate. That's how most all of my creations over all these long years have & are displayed. I think I'll wander outside for a good scream.

We would all love to have a way of keeping everything on display, I am sure.
One day, one day...
Well, we can all dream, cant we?

lol, I've just sorted my shelf of shame into tidy boxes........
mostly! lol

lol
Pictures or it didnt happen.
 ::)

Awesome project!  :o

Thanks, Killshot.
I hope you mean the scenery and not the boxes.

;D ;D ;D
You can pack that in, right now.

And the tree on the floor is clearly the WRONG scale!

And you can pack it in, too!
 ;D

Don't forget to label those  ;)

I already have labels for the likes of those two.....

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Wow that's a very tidy project Paul. It Takes up a bit of space doesn't it, not to mention your other projects... How many other projects are there?

So what's in the pipeline for Krappelfort? I still think you need a clock/bell tower. Awesome for WWI/II, VSF and steampunk. ;) where else do the snipers go?

Cheers
Matt.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Wow that's a very tidy project Paul. It Takes up a bit of space doesn't it, not to mention your other projects... How many other projects are there?

So what's in the pipeline for Krappelfort? I still think you need a clock/bell tower. Awesome for WWI/II, VSF and steampunk. ;) where else do the snipers go?

Cheers
Matt.

Thanks, Matt.
It does take up a fair bit of space, but most of it is fairly generic, so it sees use in quite a few games.
It has been used recently for a Strange Aeons campaign and is now seeing use in VSF, so it is not sitting languishing in a cupboard doing nothing.
It is earning its keep!

As for a bell/clocktower: I have one in its constituent parts, including clockwork and bell!
It is on my to-do list (and has been for an age, I know...) and will be one of the next two additions to the project, along with a fortified townhouse, which will perform as the Witch Hunter Chapter House in Krappefortt.

As for other projects, there are too many planned to mention, but my next will be based on LotR and involve some rather old-school figures.
 ;)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
It has been used recently for a Strange Aeons campaign and is now seeing use in VSF, so it is not sitting languishing in a cupboard doing nothing.

Wow, that's the ideal setup to be able to use the board for every setup with a slight stretch. So does it rule out 10000BC, Roman, modern city/zombies and 40K/sci fi? As long as you keep a rural English town setting you can play pretty much anything your heart desires. Do you have a few more modern buildings you add in when playing SA or VSF?

Good to see a tower on the workbench with everything else on there. It will be a fine addition.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Wow, that's the ideal setup to be able to use the board for every setup with a slight stretch. So does it rule out 10000BC, Roman, modern city/zombies and 40K/sci fi? As long as you keep a rural English town setting you can play pretty much anything your heart desires. Do you have a few more modern buildings you add in when playing SA or VSF?

It works for me, Matt.
As for the list of the ruled-out: It works perfectly fine for 40k/sci-fi as all future settings must have the equivalent of a low-tech world or similar.
Modern city would still have older buildings and as for Zombies.....check this out:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=39808.1650

Throw in a few more modern looking things like cars and buses etc.
Sorted!
 ;)

I cant see a way of doing 10,000BC, though....

Offline redshadows

• Scientist
send them all to me and I'll happily display them ;-)
Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
  • Bhí mé ag ól uisce beatha
    • Black Swan Painting

As for other projects, there are too many planned to mention, but my next will be based on LotR and involve some rather old-school figures.
 ;)

Would these be Mithril figures? I do hope so in my humble opinion they best represent the characters in the books rather than the actors in the movies.

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
You're shipping all those boxes to me, right?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Would these be Mithril figures? I do hope so in my humble opinion they best represent the characters in the books rather than the actors in the movies.

Sorry, Oleary, but not Mithril.
Not this time at least.

While I agree that Mithril represent the books far better than the films in most respects, I probably wont be using any in this project.
I want to do usable skirmish forces utilising the SAGA rules, and that amount of Mithril goodness would take an age to find and a mortgage to purchase.

I shall be starting with Asgard Orcs to represent the forces of Mordor.
Those little critters were what sprang to mind when I first read the books and the image has stuck.

I also have some troops to use for Gondor and the Army of the Dead.
My imagined versions of them, anyway.
 ;)

You're shipping all those boxes to me, right?

I went to the Post Office and they told me that they did not have your address, therefore they could not deliver.
Sorry!

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
  • Bhí mé ag ól uisce beatha
    • Black Swan Painting
I have a friend in France who owns multiples of every figure they made. And I have several as well. Just love them.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
Paul, a big "Well Done!"

This thread has always fascinated me, but as it is so huge I have only dipped in. last week I decided to have a proper look at it from beginning to now (not the end I hope) and I put aside an entire evening to do so. In fact it took me three evenings, but now I am up to speed.

What an amazing project, and thank you for sharing so much of your expertise.  I feel very inspired to make some of my own ruins now.

From now on I will be an avid reader of your thread.
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/