Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:00:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690752
  • Total Topics: 118346
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: I'm taking pictures of my journey to Tanga in 28mm!  (Read 4103 times)

Offline adlerhobby

• Librarian
    • Adler Hobby
I'm taking pictures of my journey to Tanga in 28mm!
« on: July 12, 2011, 03:53:50 AM »
Im not the best painter but do love making scenery so this album will feature the progress I make over time...
First up are figures Im testing dip methods with and some palm trees and scenry I'm working on and gathering for, a jungle table for the skirmish game "Battle of the Bees" I plan on hosting for a club! :) ( The Northern Conspiracy)
https://picasaweb.google.com/Adlerhobby/Tanga1914?feat=email#
'
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:57:05 AM by adlerhobby »
Gordon
Adler Hobby NH USA
www.adlerhobby.com
Stop by our fun Black powder Group!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlackpowderNE/

Offline Chuckaroobob

• Scientist
Re: I'm taking pictures of my journey to Tanga in 28mm!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 12:51:07 PM »
Looking good!
They call me "Point Cow"

Offline adlerhobby

• Librarian
    • Adler Hobby
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 04:50:42 PM »

Offline tim1966

• Assistant
    • The Dugout
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 09:49:29 PM »
Good start - please post more  :)

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 07:53:44 AM »
Are your plastic trees the ones made by Schleich?
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline adlerhobby

• Librarian
    • Adler Hobby
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 05:38:26 PM »
Are your plastic trees the ones made by Schleich?
Yes I love them for extra weight I added some lead shot to the base, pout it in cover in crazy glue = awesome.

Offline adlerhobby

• Librarian
    • Adler Hobby
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 05:39:49 PM »
extre pictures at my blog
http://adlernest.blogspot.com/

Offline adlerhobby

• Librarian
    • Adler Hobby
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 11:30:39 PM »
No pictures but I did get a play test in using these rules I really love it the D10 system is great.
I acted as the GM while four players gave it a go we all had a great time the bee templates moved rather oddly this game and only killed two figures, play tests and dry runs had them pretty wild so maybe next game they will be a bit more "center stage" Im using the Tanga skirmish book and a feel these rules and that mission book are a match made in heaven splendid time was had by all but still a few more figures to paint and play tests yet so stay tuned...

Flagship Games: Rampant Colonialism Rules

Code: SCMFGRC
Manufacturer: Scale Creep Miniatures

SRP: $25.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:
 Colonial Warfare at its Best!

Rampant Colonialism! (RC! for short) was designed to allow you, the wargamer, to recreate colonial engagements both real and fictional with miniature figures. While these rules were written with 15mm figures in mind, there are just as well used with 20mm and 25mm figures. The period covered by these rules includes the French and Indian Wars through the late 19th Century, and even beyond into the early 20th Century for such conflicts as the Boxer Rebellion, and the African and Middle Eastern theaters of World War I.

As with all of our rules, the focus is on fast, fun game play. We have striven to have realism without bogging the game down with too many rules, the "feel" of play being more important than burdensome mechanics. And our familiar, easy-to-find-and-read charts help speed up game play.

When first written, RC! was intended to be a one-figure-equals-one-man kind of game. As time went on, however, it was discoverd that all it takes is a little imagination to recreat larger engagements with a larger figure sacle. For example, the rule book contains a scenario for refighting Rorke's Drift at a 1:3 scale. This is still suitable for an exciting "grand skirmish" level game, and allows one to recreate the battle without having to have 1000+ figures. Even larger scale battles, such as 1:20, can be recreated. All it takes is a little imagination and the RC! rules!

Playing Rampant Colonialism

Rampant Colonialism can be played with two or more players, and in fact makes a great multi-player game. Each side is organized into a number of units, and optional command and control rules have been provided to maintain a chain of command for issuing and receiving orders. Individual models are also used, and include officers/leaders, NCO's, sharp shooters and heroic individuals. During a turn, a unit may move, fire and/or engage in melee with the enemy. All combat is resolved with the use of a ten-sided die.

The weapon chart covers everything from black powder muzzle-loaders through magazine-fed rifles using smokeless powder. There are also rules for cannon (both muzzle and breach loading) and machine guns.

A typical game of Rampant Colonialism pits a colonial force, such as those of Britain or France, against a horde of natives, whether they be Zulus, Pathans, Boxers, etc. However, the fun doesn't have to stop there! These rules will also work for playing engagements which were part of the larger conflicts of the period, and you will even find they work when two "civilized", or European-styled armies, fight against one another. A good example of this would be the American War of Independence, the army lists for which will soon be available on this web page!

The lists in the book include:

* The French & Indian Wars.
* The Asante War, 1874.
* Second Afghan War, 1879.
* Zulu War, 1879.
* First Boer War, 1881.
* Sudan, 1885.
* Boxer Rebellion, 1900.
* WWI in the Middle East and Africa, 1914-1918.

Best of all, the rules are simple, and they play quickly. If playing Rampant Colonialism doesn't cut down on the "rules lawyering" syndrome in your gaming group, we'll eat our pith helmets!

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:36:11 PM by adlerhobby »