Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:23:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: In the Emperor's Name 2.0  (Read 4775 times)

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
In the Emperor's Name 2.0
« on: August 19, 2011, 09:44:42 AM »
Ladies, Gentlemen and Gamers,

The Forge of War Development Group are now spending the weekend doing a clarity and proofing read through of the three booklets - Core Rules, Retinues and Campaigns.

We will release the 2nd Edition on Monday, or possibly Tuesday depending on what we discover. So if you want to see these booklets before then you'll have to visit the Forge of War Yahoo Group.

This new edition includes many new retinues, rules for vehicles and a ton of special abilities, as well as acomplete overshaul of the general rules for the sake of clarity and in response to playtesting and gamer feedback.

Hold the faith, it'll be here soon  :D

Cheers,
Craig.
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
Re: In the Emperor's Name 2.0
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 10:01:10 AM »

When not re-painting my old terminator Inquisitors I am currently re-reading the background in the Inquisitor rulebook in anticipation of this release :)

Did an Adeptus Mechanicus force make it into the lists by any chance?  Those guys never get enough love and they sum up the feel of the 40K universe as well (if not better) than anything else.  Plus those guys would fight anybody over a tech-trinket.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 02:24:37 PM »
Yes, there should be a full Mechanicus list in there.

Hope this helps!

Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Skratch

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 03:25:39 PM »
Can't wait to get my hands on this. I have way too much old GW models gathering dust and would like to use some in an alternative gamesystem.

Offline stroblight

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 04:46:37 PM »
Awesome news!  I have a serious amount of squats that need to be re-purposed.  Is there a list for IG Beastmen by any chance?

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 05:03:27 PM »

Hope this helps!

It does help, thanks :)

Cant wait to see the list.

Offline Oliver

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 05:39:33 PM »
While I am deflated by the recurring delay that small niggle is overwhelmed by the pleasure taken fom the news that there will be vehicle rules, will there be consideration and guidence for creating your own vehicles?

I have a growing collection of resin vehicles ;-)  I am getting quite excited by it's release how many pages do the three books number?

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 05:20:27 PM »
Did an Adeptus Mechanicus force make it into the lists by any chance?  Those guys never get enough love and they sum up the feel of the 40K universe as well (if not better) than anything else.  Plus those guys would fight anybody over a tech-trinket.

There is an awesome mechanicus list in there by one of our veterans - Jason, including a Tech Priest Questor, Tech Priest, Electro-Priest, Praetorian, Skitarii Tech-Guard, Servitor and Cultists. Never mind the servo skulls, bionics and other cool stuff.

Cheers,
Craig.

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 05:28:26 PM »
Awesome news!  I have a serious amount of squats that need to be re-purposed.  Is there a list for IG Beastmen by any chance?

It is great how fora such as this act as an aide memoire for me (being a bear of very little brains). I had put in Ogryn and Ratlings but completely forgotten the Beastmen. So, just like magic a new line has appeared in the IG Listing...

Abhuman Guard, Grit 4+, FV+2, SV+1, Speed+1, Notes: These are the classic beastmen from Rogue Trader days. Happy braying canonfodder!

Cheers,
Craig.

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 05:40:08 PM »
While I am deflated by the recurring delay that small niggle is overwhelmed by the pleasure taken fom the news that there will be vehicle rules, will there be consideration and guidence for creating your own vehicles? I am getting quite excited by it's release how many pages do the three books number?

I am sorry about the small delays but we would rather put this out right that do a GW and issue dozens of errata sheets and FAQ'a.

The Core Rules are 24 pages, the Retinues number 28 pages and the Campaigns is 24 pages.

The vehicles have basic rules for designing and costing vehicles.

We have included a number of pre-built examples including: a Street Car (a standard civilian car), a Grav-Car (an unarmoured Skimmer), an Armoured Limousine (an executive vehicle), a Pick-up Truck (also called a ‘Technical’ when armed with a heavy weapon), an Armoured Technical, a Cargo Lifter (a Flat bed skimmer with no sides), a Truck and an Armoured Truck, a Motorbike, an Attack-bike, a Hoverboard, an Aquila (Standard Imperial orbital shuttle), a Rhino, and last but not least a Chimera.

There are even entertaining rules for ramming, and who doesn't like ramming?  :D

I expect this section to inflate rapidly as people begin designing light vehicles for all sorts of retinues. Ork buggies, and Eldar jetbikes spring to mind. The thing to remember with vehicles though is that this is a small scale skirmish. One of our guys was pointing up a Warhound Titan...

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 09:14:07 PM »
There is an awesome mechanicus list in there by one of our veterans

Cant wait.  I have been promising myself a Mechanicus project since 1988 or so. This looks like my chance :)

Praetorian, Skitarii Tech-Guard

I thought that Skitarii were simply ret-conned/renamed Praetorians.  Whats the difference?

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 09:34:35 PM »
I thought that Skitarii were simply ret-conned/renamed Praetorians.  Whats the difference?
check here
per aspera ad astra

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 09:53:41 PM »

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 12:14:38 AM »
I expect this section to inflate rapidly as people begin designing light vehicles for all sorts of retinues. Ork buggies, and Eldar jetbikes spring to mind. The thing to remember with vehicles though is that this is a small scale skirmish. One of our guys was pointing up a Warhound Titan...
My Epic Blood Angels retinue for ITEN...

...and the Warhound titan! :D

Bigger pictures at my blog: http://javieratwar.blogspot.com/search/label/Gallery.%206%20mm.
Can't wait for the second edition...

Offline stroblight

• Librarian
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 03:58:29 AM »
So, just like magic a new line has appeared in the IG Listing...

Abhuman Guard, Grit 4+, FV+2, SV+1, Speed+1, Notes: These are the classic beastmen from Rogue Trader days. Happy braying canonfodder!

Thanks!  I've been looking over the rules and they look fantastic.  I've made some IG beastmen conversions using Catachan arms, SM Scout torsos, Ungor legs, and Gor heads.  I was going to have them be a vet squad in an IG army, but this is way more fun (especially since I lost steam with doing a whole army).