Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:55:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: For the Emperor (Or Not....)  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: For the Emperor (Or Not....)
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 12:34:40 PM »
I'm torn because I really like half of the Wargames Factory stuff I've had...and half of it is absolute crap.  For dirt cheap kits for converting though, I don't think they can be beat.  Guess I have weird tastes.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Deadspace1

• Assistant
    • Monsters and Machines
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 12:56:26 PM »
The Zombies were just terrible and are now sitting in there box waiting to be used on bases and the likes. Very little detail and just bad casting all round really. I don't think I'll be buying any of there models again.

@ Major_Gilbear

Thanks for bringing statuesque to my attention man, some of their stuff is top notch! Love the S.O.E. Kill Team!

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 05:51:06 PM »
Worth mentioning, Major_Gilbear, that the Eisenkern stormtroopers we've seen in a couple of threads here are produced by Wargames Factory for Dreamforge.  When they get decent CAD models to work with, they can produce quality stuff.

I have a few of Andrew Rae's minis from Otherworld, Crooked Dice and Heresy, and those Statuesque minis are just  :-*
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:48:08 PM by Momotaro »

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 08:42:20 PM »
Worth mentioning, Major_Gilbear, that the Eisenkern stormtroopers we've seen in a couple of threads here are produced by Wargames Factory for Dreamforge.  When they get decent CAD models to work with, they can produce quality stuff

WF took a turn for the better when they had that very public change of management.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 09:55:19 PM »
@ Major_Gilbear

Thanks for bringing statuesque to my attention man, some of their stuff is top notch! Love the S.O.E. Kill Team!

No worries! If you're looking for cool games and fantastic miniatures now that you're branching out, I'm sure we can all give you some more suggestions.  8)

Worth mentioning, Major_Gilbear, that the Eisenkern stormtroopers we've seen in a couple of threads here are produced by Wargames Factory for Dreamforge.  When they get decent CAD models to work with, they can produce quality stuff.
I know (and I didn't mention it because I didn't want to get drawing into potentially long explanations about the cross-over resources between different miniatures companies), but although WGF provided the resources, it was Dreamforge that did all the real work. WGF left to their own devices just seem to produce rubbish though.  :?

those Statuesque minis are just  :-*
I know, aren't they just?  :-*

Offline Deadspace1

• Assistant
    • Monsters and Machines
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 11:10:25 PM »
No worries! If you're looking for cool games and fantastic miniatures now that you're branching out, I'm sure we can all give you some more suggestions.  8)

That would be wicked man. I'm always on the look out for cool new stuff!  :P

Saying that, I've already been doing a lot of looking. I reckon Dark Age is my next port of call after I've finished up the Lead Adventure models I'm painting now that is.  :D

Offline smokezombie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 12:22:52 AM »
I'm going to chip in here and day that if your looking for some characterful minis and a fun game then have a peek at artizan designs and the game Strange Aeons.
"The sword sung on the barren heath,
The sickle in the fruitful field;
The sword he sung a song of death,
But could not make the sickle yield."
William Blake

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 10:40:11 PM »
Yeah hey check out my stuff too  ;)

But really, Scibor? I mean, look at the first model posted. The way the hand grips the gun looks rubbish. And the handle for the gun is bad, the gun itself is just a box with details. The anatomy is awful, the design just bad and t prices stupid. If he sold this stuff for £5 or even £6 then I might say go for it, but these things are like £24! Yeah right

I mean, good luck to the guy, but its just not for me.