Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:52:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Victory Force Zombie Horde/50 for $50/10 for $15 Database project  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Eldorf.Dragonsbane

• Librarian
  • Zombie Game Fan
    • Doug's Land of the Dead
I was wondering if anyone has a complete list of all figure numbers from the VF Zombie Horde, 50 zombies for $50 deals, and the 10 zombies for $15 deal? Preferably with both the figure # found on the tab (ie 339905 or 339959A) and a picture of the figure that corresponds to the figure #.

Thanks in advance to anyone who does have this info, I am sure others besides myself will find it useful for tracking what figures they have and what ones they still need.

Edit: Since I got a PDF from VF with all the numbers for the Zombies in their Horde/50 for $50/10 for $15 deals I am now going to try with your help to create a database of all the minis available in the deals that contains an image of the figure to go along with its number. I will ultimately be posting the completed list over on my blog as its own separate page and anyone who helps complete the database will receive credit for their help.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:24:33 PM by Eldorf.Dragonsbane »

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
Re: Question on the Victory Force Zombie Horde figures
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 01:20:37 AM »
If you purchase the horde (100) there are no duplicates.  If you purchase a smaller amount, it is a random selection.  Their site says that they have 59 original figures and 41 figures converted from the originals.  Hope that helps.
Snitchy sends.
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

• Librarian
  • Zombie Game Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 01:31:36 AM »
Snitchy- I bought the 50 for $50 deal. Received 45 different zombies, with the remaining 5 each being a duplicate of one other miniature. I was hoping someone has a complete list of all the figures and also hopefully pics of them so I can check off to see what I need, if any show up in the bazaar for sale or trade.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 03:39:18 AM »
As far as I know, they have not published a comprehensive set of images.  The only way guarantee that you have every one is to order the hundred.  I have ordered the fifty for fifty deal twice and only ended up with fifteen duplicates.  That is pretty good for the random selection.  You might contact the company at contactus@Victoryforce.com.  They may be able to send you a image directory. 
Snitchy sends.

• Librarian
  • Zombie Game Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 04:55:46 PM »
Snitchy- Already have done that, sent them an inquiry email yesterday before posting the initial post above. I figured if they didn't have a complete list with images then maybe someone here might just have one, though I know its not a guarantee.

As I mentioned I am primarily trying to have a list so I know what zombies I still need to get, either through trades/buys from other users or from additional VF zombie deals.

BTW on an off topic note, just noticed your location, beautiful town, the scenery, especially with the mountains surrounding the city, is exquisite, plus you also have a great place to eat down there, as long as you aren't wearing a tie that you want to keep, Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse. Have some friends of the family that live there in Tucson, and they have taken us there when we came out to visit. If i had the money and a job lined up I would move there in a heartbeat, plus with the mountains if I ever get to missing the snow here in Michigan during the winter all I need to do is drive up to Mt. Lemmon to the ski resort.

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 09:59:01 PM »
I finally ordered the horde... at first I thought I had two duplicates... two of the miniatures just have slightly different arm poses.  But the horde is very nice and there are some real gems in there.  Plus don't forget there are several zombies not in the horde deal.  I think I now have about 110 different zombies from VFG.  Also I used the old lady with hair rollers as a zombie...

My only complaint about these miniatures is the slota base tab... it is very thick and really requires a bit of work to file it down so they fit into a slotta base.

Darkoath

• Librarian
  • Zombie Game Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 10:39:12 PM »
Darkoath- I have to agree with you on the thickness of some of the tabs. I ended up filing some of mine down before I realized that the figures number was on the tab, so know I don't know what all the ones I have are. I did get a reply back from VF with the list of the 100 zombies in the horde deal (and the possibles for the 10 for $15 and 50 for $50), unfortunately it was just a list of the product numbers. If its not too much to ask Darkoath can you snap a couple pics of all the zombies in the horde, in numerical order if possible. Thanks if you can, if you cant, its no problem I and going to try a couple other forums to see if anyone has pics of them along with their numbers.

I have attached the PDF file of the VF Zombie Horde that VF sent me. The numbers with a check mare are the ones in the Horde, the ones with an A and a check after the A are the conversions in the Horde. Now all I need to complete it is an image of each figure to go with the number on the list.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 05:45:15 AM »
I ended up filing some of mine down before I realized that the figures number was on the tab, so know I don't know what all the ones I have are.
I never even bothered to look at the tabs.  I have been clipping them off immediately because I am mounting the zeds on resin bases.  It would have been a logical place to look.  
For the location, we are trying to re-locate.  My wife is British and tired of the heat after thirteen years of living in a desert.  We are aiming for North Carolina.  Will see what happens.  Pinnacle Peak is pretty good.  Next time you are in town check out the little general store that is in trail dust town.  They have some fun stuff in there.  Game stores are unfortunately limited.  
Snitchy sends.  
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:45:20 PM by snitcythedog »

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
File the opening in the base instead of the metal.  It will leave the tab intact and is easier to do.

• Librarian
  • Zombie Game Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 12:47:07 AM »
Wellender- When I say I filed down the tabs to fit into the bases I should have more correctly said I dremmeled down the tabs enough so they fit in the slot on the bases. Using the Dremmel it took only a couple moments per figure to get the tabs the proper width to fit in the slots.

Figures arrived back on Monday and already have 30 of them finished to 2ft/table top quality, waiting for me to seal them. 10 others approx 50% finished and the remaining 10 primed and my preferred zombie flesh tone (Reaper Pro Paints Ghoul Gray, unfortunately now out o0f production  >:( :(  :'( ) initially painted on. Will go back and touch up the flesh after finished painting the rest of the figure to get any paint that rubbed off or was accidentally covered.

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 08:03:06 AM »
I looked at my horde and the numbers are difficult to read on many of the models.  It looks like all the models first have 3399 then a two digit individual number.  It is going to require alot of work to do this.  My fiance is arriving from China and I am getting married this month so I don't have the time to do this at the moment.  However perhaps if I do a black wash into the numbers on the base they will be easier to read.  I will try to work on this when I have more time.

Darkoath

• Librarian
  • Zombie Game Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 03:24:13 PM »
Darkoath- Take your time, if you are unable to get the pics and everything its not a problem. I have a couple other forums I am going to be posting on asking anyone who has gotten the 50 for $50 or the hoard, if they have pics of the figures along and also the numbers that go with that figure.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »

I had the 50 zombie set mailed to relatives in the US.  I am visiting them next week and will be bringing the set back with me mid-September.

If you are still looking for info at that stage then I will be glad to add whatever I can to what you already have.

• Librarian
  • Zombie Game Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 03:44:42 PM »
Cheetor- any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am thinking that since VF doesn't have a list of the Horde/50 for $50/10 for $15 zombie figures with images for each figure along with their number if we can get enough people who have purchased the 10 for $15 or 50 for $50, or even someone who has purchased and taken the time to photographer every figure from the horde that they purchased, I will compile all the images together (along with the figures number) and post them over on my blog (they will have their own page on the blog) so that everyone who wants to know what's in the Horde and deals will have a place to go to know what the figures look like, I will be giving credit to those who have supplied pics that I use.