Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:24:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689617
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New GW Game next Saturday  (Read 18974 times)

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: New GW Game next Saturday
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2011, 09:44:23 AM »
As for people who spend £100 on a game and then play it for 2 months,

£100? Only if you came late to the party!  :D
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Relic

• Mad Scientist
  • www.lead-space.net
    • Personal hobby blog
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2011, 09:57:38 AM »
Actually I don’t need any new rules, I play way too rarely. I’m collecting Mordheim miniatures, all of them and unfortunately a lot of them are OOP and so it’s getting a very expensive matter. Re-release would give me the opportunity to get closed all my Mordheim collection gaps. And I don’t mind at all if they would bring out some new models, not because I need them, I’ve got enough, I’m even producing some with our LAM Bruegelburg range. Just for only collecting reason, so that my collection would  also continue to grow :) Apart from that it would be nice to have  a new shiny Mordheim book, always loved the pics :)

fair enough :)

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2011, 05:33:04 PM »
New video on GW's site with a bit of a teaser. There's talk that makes these ships sound like floating fortresses, one with a giant steam hammer.  o_o

Offline Darren

• Scientist
  • Sky Marshall
    • Darren's Hobby Blog
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2011, 05:54:15 PM »
Ah.  I'm less interested in it after watching the teaser.  I bit like when I saw the teaser for "Hobo with a shotgun"...

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2011, 06:04:49 PM »
Same here.

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2011, 08:01:47 PM »
I was rung tonight by one of the boyz.  No details at all.  It will be in the shop tomorrow, on the web at 12 and it will cost £70.  Sounds like a stand alone............

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2011, 08:15:14 PM »
Ah.  I'm less interested in it after watching the teaser. 

I'd agree with you on that.
Especially that bit about the steam hammer.
I've no objection to fantasy, and nothing against fantasy ships.
Provided they look as though they could actually float, the fantasy is supposed to be the crew, or method of propulsion, not their seaworthiness, and some of the earlier MoW stuff looked less stable than a cross between the Mary Rose and the Vasa.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2011, 06:39:48 AM »
Now up for preorder, with lots of pictures.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1350015a

Looks interesting.  I like some of the ships.

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2011, 07:46:05 AM »
Hmmm, I might actually buy this, mostly for the ships though, there are some that look awesome like the `elemental driven` ship and the flying ghostship

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2011, 07:47:04 AM »
DreadfleetFor two bleak decades the Undead reavers of Count Noctilus have plagued the oceans of the world. After each raid, the Dreadfleet disappears into its lair as quickly and silently as it appeared, far from the reach of Man. And yet there remains hope. Captain Jaego Roth of the Heldenhammer has vowed to hunt down and destroy Count Noctilus and his Undead captains once and for all. With him sail the most notorious and cunning of the pirate lords of Sartosa, each borne to battle upon a giant warship bristling with cannons, organ guns and bolt throwers. At the stroke of midnight on Geheimnisnacht, most forsaken of nights, the Heldenhammer and her companions sail into the realm of undeath known as the Galleon's Graveyard. One by one, Count Noctilus and his vile allies move in to stop them.

Dreadfleet is a boxed game for two (or more) players that includes everything you need to make war on the turbulent seas of the Warhammer world. At your command are two fleets of ships - the Dreadfleet led by the Vampire Count Noctilus, aboard his gargantuan sea-hulk the Bloody Reaver; and the Grand Alliance commanded by the Pirate Captain Jaego Roth, who recently stole the Heldenhammer - the pride of the Imperial Fleet, and one of the largest galleons to ever sail the high seas.

As your ships engage in furious battle, it's down to you, the fleet captain, to make important split-second decisions. Do you bring all guns to bear on the closest enemy warship, or do you sail into position for a furious broadside? What happens when the warship catches fire, or worse, the powder kegs ignite? Exactly how much punishment can your warship take before it sinks without a trace? Are those Undead seagulls or flying piranha fish? And, when all else fails, do you have the courage to ram your foe, board their ship, and engage them in a duel to the death?
Availability:  This product is available for Advance Order.  Release Date Information.
This Product launches on the 1st October.

Hobby Centre Delivery
Place your order by Sunday 25th September, choose to have it delivered to your local Games Workshop Hobby Centre and we guarantee that it will be there for pick up on launch day.

All Other Deliveries
Choose to have your order delivered to an address of your choice and place it by Wednesday 28th September and we will ship it out on Friday 30th September.
Orders placed after the 28th September will ship out first thing on Monday 3rd October.
Part Code:  MPN 60011999001 Games WorkshopWarhammer/Warhammer 40,000OtherBoxed Game
Dreadfleet
new

While Stocks LastItems carrying this logo are available in strictly limited numbers and will no longer be available once sold out. We recommend that you order these items early to avoid disappointment.

Price:  £70.00
Quantity:  12345678910

add to cart.Add to Gift List
Bookmark & Share..This product has been produced in limited quantities and is only available while stocks last - make sure you get it quick before the Galleon's Graveyard claims it forever.

This boxed game contains:

98-page Rulebook
Seascape Gaming Mat
10 Warships
10 Scenic Bases
7 Cog Auxiliaries
1 Dragon Auxiliary
1 Dirigible Auxiliary
7 Islands
5 Shipwreck Pieces
3 Sea Monsters
5 Treasure Tokens
12 Dice
1 Wind Gauge
2 Ship's Wheels
1 Navigation Rod
10 Warship Cards
55 Damage Cards
40 Fate Cards
12 Auxiliary Cards
10 Wound Cards
11 Miscellaneous Cards

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2011, 07:52:22 AM »
Does look nice and I think it will vanish fast; the ebay crew will snatch loads.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1350015a

Will go and look anyway.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2011, 08:27:17 AM »
As a veteran of Man O War I see some nice minis, but since it is a "one-shot" game I am not interested at all. :?
I am really curious how GW is doing with these "limited" games...
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2011, 08:34:30 AM »
Being a one release is for once actually the reason I`m going to try and get my hands on it, I really like those ships even though I care jack sh** about the actual rules.

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2011, 08:43:46 AM »
Be nice to see how it scales in with MoW.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2011, 08:44:33 AM »
Don't like the look of any of those ships  :(

I'll just stick with Man-o-War thank you  ;D

cheers

James
cheers