Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:45:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What the heck to arm Warlord Germans with to turn them in to SoTR Spaniards?  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Capt. E.W. Brimmage

• Librarian
Exactly what it says on the box. I've been mulling over doing Spanish forces for Secrets of the Third Reich for a while now and I think the Warlord plastic Germans would be good to represent the Spanish uniform, perhaps with Westwind gas mask heads, but I'm stumped with what available weapons to arm them with, specifically MGs and semi-auto rifles.
Cheers,
Capt. Brimmage

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
I would think German kit would be your best bet.  Just paint them up as normal Heer and stick on a Spanish identifying patch and there ya go.  Don't think Spain made to much in-house armament and since I take it they are going Axis then Germany or even Italy would be your main armaments suppliers.

Hope that helps,
Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline Aldramelech

• Librarian
Westwind do SotTR weapons packs.

• Librarian
It does help.

I can't find my books again (or my modelling knives at home, really annoying) but I think in the SoTR background Spain joins with Germany sometime before D-Day. Italy still loses out, unfortunately, because I feel they could be an interesting force.

As the Spanish uniform was quite similar to the German one I don't think there's any need to paint them up as Heer. It's certainly a small enough difference with an obscure enough force that I can ignore my disturbing increasingly rivet-countery tendancies.

I had forgotten all about the Gewehr 43. I did wonder why I didn't think of it as an option, but I realised why when I checked the Assault Group weapons list again, this time specifically for it, that they don't make one. Is there any company that makes G43s? Unfortunately the Westwind German weapon packs have 3 rifles to a pack of 15 weapons. I'm basing my squad load outs around the American ones (there's no Spanish OOB) so that's a pretty unworkable mix. Also, they are pretty high tech, I'd prefer the Spanish to have earlier weapons.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:14:07 AM by Capt. E.W. Brimmage »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Italy still loses out, unfortunately, because I feel they could be an interesting force.

Then, by all means, do them - you can always use rules for other troops, and/or mash up something yourself.  :)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

• Librarian
I'm quite set on the Spanish, I've done a bit of work on their OOB already, and I can tie in an interesting Partisan force with them.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
OK, just wanted to encourage the creation of an unusual force for WWWII.  :)

I hope to do some pulp gaming in a WWWII-environment at some point. Just heard that a joint Wayland order has arrived safely, and with it a box of WF Shock Troopers that I have several uses for - among them an 'SS Geheim-Leibstandarte Heinrich Himmler' troop, and some 'Teutonic Order' super soldiers, etc...  8)