Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 06:30:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ground Zero Games East Coast Convention news  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
Ground Zero Games East Coast Convention news
« on: November 04, 2011, 04:03:03 PM »
I think this the right subforum for this, don't see an obvious "convention news" site.  Apologies if I've got the wrong board.

Anyway, I just got the annual "looking for events" email from the GZG-ECC organizers (a small scifi game con in Owego, New York, USA, if you're unfamiliar) and was pleasantly surprised to see that they're open to events using rule sets beyond those GZG publishes, specifically including Tomorrow's War and Starmada.  While it may dilute the con's focus on Full Thrust/StarGrunt/Dirtside and FMA a bit, it's nice to see them being open minded about things.  TW in particular is pretty much the heir apparent to StarGrunt (although I'd still happily play either) so very appropriate to see it at GZG-ECC.

Will have to see if I can put together something for TW that's set in the Tuffleyverse - shouldn't be too hard. 

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Re: Ground Zero Games East Coast Convention news
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
Seven hour drive from Cape Cod... Hmmmm, I might be able to make it this year.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Maybe I should run a STALKER type game? or 5150?

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
Re: Ground Zero Games East Coast Convention news
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 01:09:08 PM »
Seven hour drive from Cape Cod... Hmmmm, I might be able to make it this year.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Maybe I should run a STALKER type game? or 5150?

IIRC, 5150 was mentioned as one of the other possibles.  They're still trying to stay GZG-centric, but branching out a bit.  Not sure how many events they intend to run - it is a small con, more the size of what a big gaming club might put on than, say, Fall In, and both space and attendance are a bit limited.  That said, I've always found it a pleasant experience, despite a knack for getting horribly sick every year.

At least it's up in NY now - the longer haul to PA was a bit of a drag - and I come from Albany, not Cape Cod.  Hopefully the weather is good that weekend, but that area of the state is pretty aggressive about snow removal anyway.