Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:30:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A few new paintjobs  (Read 2841 times)

Offline Krysset80

• Librarian
A few new paintjobs
« on: November 09, 2011, 11:47:56 AM »
Some more stuff finished, first one is RAFMs Cthulhu. This one has a long history with me, bought it 10-15 years ago, found it in a bargin bin. Put it together and painted it badly back then and it eventualy wond up in storage. Remembered it when I started painting again this summer and got it out. Pulled it apart, seems superglue dont age well, and looked around the forums for ways to strip the paint. Btw some strange holes in this kit, like there are bits missing almost, filled all in apart from the gills that I only filled in in parts so the wassent holes into the head. So after a few weeks work its finaly finnished, might add a thing or two to the base tho.

Next is the witch Keziah Mason with Brown Jenkin. She is a Warmachine blood witch hag that I just cut of the horn on. Got Brown Jenkin with som RAFM figures, think it was the dimensional scrambles.

Last one I think I let everyone guess who it is. A bit of a mix of things, the head is from crooked dice head spue(The thing that gave me the idea to make the figure). Loose head is from GW militantia box (Did cut of the hat and hair and sculped the new hair and classes.). Body is a world war one british officer from Brigadegames(Was told it was right) did hafto work on it a bit as he was pointing to the side. The hand holding the head is from a crooked dice figure(Not to happy with it as its a bit big). The case is from black cat bases, used a bit of wire as the handle and drilled trew the hand do get it in. The tombstone is from Renedra.

Makint the last two figures got me thinking of what Lovecraft monsters havent beeen made yet. Two poped into mind Martense family(Strange that the havent been made) and those cattle humans from the rats in the walls(Tho those might be hard to work into a game :P)

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: A few new paintjobs
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 03:40:10 PM »
Interesting figures you have.
Like the Cthulhu and how you mixed all the greens together.
How tall is the figure? Thanks.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Krysset80

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 04:11:28 PM »
170mm to the highest wing point. Adding a image with some other figures.

Offline Krysset80

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 10:52:22 AM »
Hm.. one comment and 148 views.. this forum shure has alot of lurkers.. Anyway that last mini is my version of Major Sir Erik Moreland Clapham-Leee D.S.O, damn long name, from reanimator. Did a diffrent more orange color on the head to make it look more fake.

Offline Talysman

• Bookworm
    • Displaced Miniatures Gallery
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 08:48:59 PM »
Awesome paintjob on the big C, and nice conversions :)

Offline B. Basiliscus

• Scientist
  • Bless us and splash us, my precious!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 02:27:01 PM »
These are all marvelous. I REALLY love your paint job on the big cthulhu, you made an (IMHO) awful figure into a lovely work of art! I especially love the color of his belly.

Ms. witch is brilliant, I never would have noticed the little nub on her hood if you hadn't mentioned it, love Jenkin there at her feet - really adds to the piece.

I can't say I've ever seen anyone do a Wax-Headed-War-Guy-From-Reanimator before, and you've pulled it off very nicely - though I do think he's a bit mismatched...
A side affect of that ghastly glowing fluid in the syringe coupled with reptile vat-matter, perhaps?  ;)

Offline Krysset80

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 08:57:14 PM »
These are all marvelous. I REALLY love your paint job on the big cthulhu, you made an (IMHO) awful figure into a lovely work of art! I especially love the color of his belly.

Ms. witch is brilliant, I never would have noticed the little nub on her hood if you hadn't mentioned it, love Jenkin there at her feet - really adds to the piece.

I can't say I've ever seen anyone do a Wax-Headed-War-Guy-From-Reanimator before, and you've pulled it off very nicely - though I do think he's a bit mismatched...
A side affect of that ghastly glowing fluid in the syringe coupled with reptile vat-matter, perhaps?  ;)

Thanks, yeah the hands are a little big, even the original one that was on the body. Might change them one day. I like the Cthulhu figure but sure it has a few foults like those short stumpy legs.

Offline No Such Agency

• Scientist
    • Painting Agency
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 04:46:53 PM »
Ha!  I never thought I'd see a miniature of Brown Jenkin.  Horrible little creature! (but I still liked him somehow)

Nice work, I was never fond of that Cthulhu figure because of the skinny legs, but yours looks good anyway.

Offline Alejandro

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 05:10:05 PM »
Well done I like the Cthullhu!!!! Very nice.

Offline Skratch

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 05:52:18 PM »
Impressive!

Offline darthfozzywig

• Librarian
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go cyclic.
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 04:03:24 PM »
Hideous in a good way. :)

Offline avolakia

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 11:58:07 AM »
 :)

fantastic work, what is the little mini of cthulhu?

Offline B. Basiliscus

• Scientist
  • Bless us and splash us, my precious!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 03:39:32 PM »
The little spawn are both Reaper figures.
You won't have any trouble finding them there as long as you search tentacle.