Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:04:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691268
  • Total Topics: 118383
  • Online Today: 606
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Last Night on Earth  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Terrible Tim

• Scientist
    • The Wargamer
Last Night on Earth
« on: December 13, 2007, 05:16:46 AM »
This maybe of interest:

Last Night on Earth:
When night begins to fall on the sleepy town of Woodinvale, the shadows and fog rolling in bring with them more than just a chill shiver. A living nightmare erupts as the once peaceful community is overrun with the restless dead…scratching and clawing their way to the surface with an insatiable hunger for human flesh. Now only a handful of unlikely Heroes are left, banding together to fight for their very lives. On a night that never ends, the only thing worse than death… is becoming infected.

Last Night on Earth, The Zombie Game is a fast-paced game of brain-eating Zombies, small town Heroes, and horror movie action. Players take on the role of either the Heroes, working together to make it through the night; or the Zombies, unending waves of undead spreading over the town like a plague. Featuring a modular board, eight Heroes to choose from, and several different Scenarios to play that drastically change the game, Last Night on Earth is designed to create a cinematic feel as the story and game unfolds.

So put down that popcorn, grab your shotgun, and hide your brain; the Zombies are coming and this could be your Last Night on Earth!

http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonearth/
You can also download the rules. I have, but I have yet to read them.

http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonearth/images/gallery_diagram_setup.jpg

TT.
...Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen....

Blog: www.the-wargamer.com

Offline Onimusha

• Librarian
Last Night on Earth
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 09:42:33 AM »
This looks promising, I always like new games about zombies and would most certainly pick this up when I see it in stores.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Last Night on Earth
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 10:58:57 AM »
I've read on the DwA Yahoo-group, that it contains fine-looking minis. I'll go asking about the size!
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline The Travelling Man

• Librarian
Last Night on Earth
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 11:34:06 AM »
Cracking game- fast, easy to learn and nasty!  :)   Miniatures are very good but kinda bendy I'm afraid and more on the 'thin' side of 28mm (similar to Hell Dorado).  Would be a bugger to paint because of the plastic  :cry:

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
Last Night on Earth
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 05:06:50 PM »
What Travelling said!
I've played a few games and like it a lot. It's easy to play with "Non Gamers" but has enough substance to make it enjoyable to experienced Lead Heads!

I have seen the minis painted up BUT I don't know how long it would stick as they are VERY bendy.

PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Last Night on Earth
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 06:22:05 PM »
I think I've heard about a trick with a kind of silicone used by some 1:72 plastics wargamers - they spray or 'paint' the minis with a kind of silicone that makes the paint stick, even if the mini is bended (as can often be a problem with weapons on those little buggers).

Note to self: Must go look it up, if I can squeeze out of my memory the location of the tip...

Offline Eisenfaust

• Scientist
  • Gamer geek, itinerant cyborg and Viking shaman
    • My blog: Dispatches from the Rim
Last Night on Earth
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 10:47:02 PM »
My wife and I sat down and played three games of the basic scenario back to back the other night, alternating sides. I love it that one (or more) player controls the zombies, and the different methods of achieving victory keep the game very balanced.Play too aggressively as the heroes and you'll run out of resources (your card deck) and the zombies can off you by forcing you to discard. Fail to be agressive enough and you won't kill enough zombies by sundown! Cool game, great sculpts by Gael Goumon, but I would love to have these minis in pewter so I could paint 'em.

Christopher
dispatchesfromtherim.blogspot.com
www.brassandblood.com