Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:30:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Osprey Interwar Rules?  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
New Osprey Interwar Rules?
« on: February 23, 2012, 10:00:10 AM »
Do we know anything substantive about these new "A World Aflame" interwar rules Osprey is publishing sometime soon?

I saw them on TMP, but there's nothing of substance on the actual gameplay, intended figure scale or level of play (skirmish? company? battalion?) etc, just a straight reprint of the blurb over from the Osprey Publishing blog.

The Osprey blog says "A World Aflame" "...focuses on the derring-do and heroism of battles fought in the last great era of adventure." so if I had to guess I'd say skirmish level stuff, maybe "large skirmish"?

At under $20 per book I'd likely pick it up just for inspiration and shiny colour plates if nothing else, but more detail would be nice.

(oh, the the discussion thread on TMP is a shining example of why sane people should stay away from certain TMP discussion threads, frankly... )

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
Re: New Osprey Interwar Rules?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 10:02:19 AM »
I know Paul from Empress has some input on it for VBCW. How much more is in it i don't know but i look forward to it.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 10:15:46 AM »
I would be interested but I got a copy of Steve Langan's rules "Setting the East Ablaze" and after seeing the Kriegspielers games here and how wild they are and how adaptible those rules are, well, I figure they are worth a go.  Plus, I have T and T and think they are pretty good too.  So I have no reason to go with some Johnny Come Lately even if they have glossy centerfolds. I don't know - am I becoming a curmudgeon or just a connoisseur?
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Drunkendwarf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:18:38 AM »
Do we know anything substantive about these new "A World Aflame" interwar rules Osprey is publishing sometime soon?

I was wondering the same; if it is skirmish level I wil try to finish my warlord chinese. It would be nice to have an army painted before a ruleset is finished so you can start playing all painted. It would be the first time.......

(oh, the the discussion thread on TMP is a shining example of why sane people should stay away from certain TMP discussion threads, frankly... )

Same reason here, I read the thread and quickly came back here.

DJ

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 11:14:33 AM »
I know Paul from Empress has some input on it for VBCW. How much more is in it i don't know but i look forward to it.

He is actually the author. He's said a little about the rules here. He often frequents LAF, so expect an answer to the queries imminently.

:D 

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 11:18:53 AM »
He is actually the author. He's said a little about the rules here. He often frequents LAF, so expect an answer to the queries imminently.

:D 

Im sure it will be good then .

I have to say that so he keeps getting me to make him flags haha.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 04:49:14 PM »
I would be interested but I got a copy of Steve Langan's rules "Setting the East Ablaze" and after seeing the Kriegspielers games here and how wild they are and how adaptible those rules are, well, I figure they are worth a go.  Plus, I have T and T and think they are pretty good too.  So I have no reason to go with some Johnny Come Lately even if they have glossy centerfolds. I don't know - am I becoming a curmudgeon or just a connoisseur?
LB

Lon, I d like to think your both.  A curmudgeonly connoisseur.  The finest.  lol

Steve
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.