Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:31:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690619
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New 28mm Eureka Napoleonic Saxon Cuirassiers and French Dragoons  (Read 5212 times)

Offline cdm

• Scientist
New 28mm Eureka Napoleonic Saxon Cuirassiers and French Dragoons
« on: February 24, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »
I received a parcel of new releases from Eureka which included the following Napoleonic items. I've shown a sample of them here, as there are a lot of subtle variations which don't need to be shown over and over.

The first lot covers the Saxon cuirassiers in either campaign or parade dress either charging or with sword shouldered. These are also the first one piece cavalry castings from Eureka in 28mm.

Napoleonic Saxon cuirassiers

Trooper in campaign dress charging - one piece casting

Cuirassier officer and trumpeter in campaign dress charging

Cuirassier standard bearer in campaign dress, charging crashing trooper

Cuirassier in parade dress with shouldered sword

Cuirassier in parade dress charging - one piece castings

Curiassier standard bearer and charging wounded in parade dress

Austrians
There are a couple new Austrian Grenzers in capes:

French
And the start? of new Revolutionary Wars French Dragoons either charging or with sword shouldered

Dragoons charging - one piece casting

Dragoon officer, trumpeter, standard bearer

I *believe* the Saxons are 100 Club items and it might be awhile before they get released, though the dragoons might be out sooner as regular Eureka sculpts. I have no idea about release dates.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New 28mm Eureka Napoleonic Saxon Cuirassiers and French Dragoons
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »
I already have the dragoons so they definitelty ARE available, although ou may have to ask nicely for them. People over on the Steve Dean site expressed scepticism about the one piece castings, but I found them very nice and not "flattened" as some might think.

Offline cdm

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 12:50:02 PM »
I found the OPCs as dynamic as the regular 2 pieces, and less flat say than the Front Rank OPCs which are also just fine. The falling Saxon cavalry held in the hand I believe gives the lie to the flat theory. Eureka have been doing some very good casting work lately.

Aside form a nice email conversation with Steve many years ago, I have no idea about any other forum aside from this one, having grown tired of so called internet 'personalities' spoiling many I used to visit. I can fully imagine any possible skepticism.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 01:10:01 PM »
Actually Steve's forum is very civilized and any criticism is almost universally expressed in a very adult manner. Well worth a look, although it is oriented more at the painting end of the hobby IMO.

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 12:24:27 AM »
Those dragoons look nice
when you say One Piece Casting do you mean the horse and rider or just the rider?
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline cdm

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 11:40:51 AM »
Horse and rider one piece, like the old days :)

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 03:30:53 PM »
I *believe* the Saxons are 100 Club items and it might be awhile before they get released

The Saxons will be available at Salute : Nic Robson should attend in person and will bring his new releases with him.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 03:37:10 PM »
Actually Steve's forum is very civilized and any criticism is almost universally expressed in a very adult manner. Well worth a look, although it is oriented more at the painting end of the hobby IMO.

Indeed. I'm a Steve Dean forum regular myself and it definitely is a very civil and friendly place. I was the one who posted the Saxon cuirassiers topic there : some people did have reservations about the figures, but they certainly didn't bash them. I for one thought the figures looked good, but my esteemed colleagues on Steve's forum are quite entitled to their opinions  :)