Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:32:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dismounted Cuirassiers & Dragoons for WSS & SYW  (Read 2921 times)

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
Dismounted Cuirassiers & Dragoons for WSS & SYW
« on: September 15, 2008, 06:39:44 AM »
So, I'm wondering if there are any ranges that have dismounted Cuirassiers and Dragoons for the War of the Spanish Succession or the Seven Years' War.

Foundry is the only one I can find that does.  Front Rank doesn't, nor do Crusader. 

Suggestions?
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
Re: Dismounted Cuirassiers & Dragoons for WSS & SYW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 07:22:23 AM »
Don't know about figures but did you see my post on WSS uniforms?

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=7401.msg82254#msg82254
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 03:51:08 AM »
Don't think anybody does dismounted curassiers for WSS or SYW, as most of the figures for these periods are for massed battle, and there was no battlefield role for dismounted curassiers.

Don't know about SYW dismounted dragoons, but Front Rank most definately does have dismounted dragoons for WSS.  The Front Rank French dragoons are particularly good looking, but the British ones are great also.  The Front Rank figures are very bulky, so you have to consider if that style is what you want.

There are other makers of dismounted dragoons for WSS and SYW.  Imperialist Enterprises has some, but you won't find that company on the web.  Dixon is a source you can get to on the web, though photos are not available for most figures.  Dixon's War of the League of Augsberg line has dismounted dragoons that are useable in the WSS. I would suggest looking through what Old Glory has to offer.  I've got a few of the Foundry WSS dismounted dragoons, which are shorter than the Front Rank ones and don't have the varied poses.

What do you want to use these dismounted dragoons for?

Warren
Sailors have more fun!

Offline panzagl

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 11:00:39 PM »
I'd also be interested in these- I'd like to do some Kleine Krieg scenarios using Sharpe's Practice.  I  guess I'll have to wait for the next Foundry sale.

Rich

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 12:46:44 AM »
Front Rank figures do some dismounted dragoons for the French and British.

http://www.frontrank.com/3_5_lev3_Spanish_Succession.asp

Hope this helps.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 07:41:09 AM »
Warren,

I'm writing an historical skirmish man-to-man/squad level game for all periods through history.  WSS & SYW finally bit me on the hiny, so I want some dismounted cuirassiers & dragoons to use in my games and to paint up for the rulebook.

In my rules, mounted models that dismount to foot must have an appropriate foot model, or the whole model is removed. 

I see that Foundry has dismounted Cuirassiers for WSS, but not for any other 18th century period.  So I'm looking for alternatives. 

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 09:09:43 AM »
I'm writing an historical skirmish man-to-man/squad level game for all periods through history.  WSS & SYW finally bit me on the hiny, so I want some dismounted cuirassiers & dragoons to use in my games and to paint up for the rulebook.

Sounds interesting. Is your game going to be for private use or are you planning to sell it?

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 07:10:30 AM »
Oh I'm gonna sell the bastard.  I've been writing it for over 2 years now and will not disappoint you.

Any historical period; 5-15 models per Force on average.  Man to man level actions on 2x2' to 4x4' boards.  Keeps the feel of each period while giving each player a wide range of tailoring for their tastes.

Once it has been accepted as a ligitimate historicals set, I'll explore sci-fi, fantasy, pulp, etc.