Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:59:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Figures for Muskets and Tomahawks  (Read 5353 times)

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Figures for Muskets and Tomahawks
« on: April 06, 2012, 09:28:02 PM »
There is a new game coming out at Salute. It's called Muskets and Tomahawks. It is written by Studio Tomahawk, the creators of Saga. It was actually their first game, but was only printed in French originally. The English version will be ready for Salute and will be for sale on the Gripping Beast stand.

I have agreed to distribute the game in the UK, and to produce the official figures for it. The figures are for the French and Indian War, the first releases will be starter sets including an Indian Warband, a British Wilderness force and a French Wilderness force. A starter army will be around 20-24 figures.

The first figures have come through from designer Mike Owen. I've taken some pictures of them, better photos will be done next week.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.406016052760636.117916.218634441498799&type=1&notif_t=like

Cheers
Nick

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
Re: Figures for Muskets and Tomahawks
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 09:16:54 AM »
Looking forward to them.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 09:39:36 AM »
Any guide price for the rules?
Do they include the card deck?

Will you also be stocking the French language version?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline THE CID

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 11:41:11 AM »
Figures look real nice.  THE CID.
Ive seen things you people wouldn't believe - Roy Batty.

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 03:52:33 PM »
Of course they decide to come out with the English version a month after I've given in and purchased the French version with the notion of practicing my French Translation skills! Argh!

I really hope that this range will fill in some of the gaps rather than going through the Rangers, French Marines, and Indians exercise like everyone else. I have a ton of those figures already and, although I am willing to add a few exceptional figures, I just don't really need any more of them. What I need are Highlanders, Grenadiers, Light Infantry, artillery, and personality figures. Sure, if you are hoping to bring in newbies with these rules who have nothing to start with by all means go for the same old, same old, but most people who love F&I War already have this stuff.

Rant over.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 05:03:57 PM »
Axabrax -
If you don't want your French language version now.........

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 08:43:35 PM »
I've also been translating the French version myself... but may as well get the English one too.  I as well would like to see stuff like militia, Grenadiers, Highlanders rather than more standard fare (which I think Conquest and Galloping Major have both done quite nicely already).

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 05:50:23 AM »
I've also been translating the French version myself... but may as well get the English one too.  I as well would like to see stuff like militia, Grenadiers, Highlanders rather than more standard fare (which I think Conquest and Galloping Major have both done quite nicely already).

Agree on all points - is this just F&IW Saga?
"Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »
Agree on all points - is this just F&IW Saga?

Knowing nothing about Saga except the positive reviews it seems to be getting, I suppose a good question is also, "Is that a bad thing?"

I personally have my rules situation covered and my miniatures situation even more covered.  I'm using TFL Sharp Practice for large games and GG Flying Lead for small games and Galloping Major for figures.  That being said, another high quality set of rules for the period can only be good for us?  A nice entry level set would be great as well, that can help folks who want to get into the period out.  Most sets at the moment require at least one person involved to have some in depth period knowledge.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 12:01:12 PM »
Very interesting! Especially since I haven't settled on rules for anything yet.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »
Knowing nothing about Saga except the positive reviews it seems to be getting, I suppose a good question is also, "Is that a bad thing? ...

I have played it. Its .. ok.

I have figures and rules covered too unless both are something different

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 03:22:57 AM »
Looks more similar (but different) to Sharp Practice from what I have read through so far. I think it will make for a good game.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 10:32:13 AM »
I'm intrigued. Isn't SAGA a competitive style game with army lists and points values and so on?

Will that be the focus of this game too?

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »
It is not like SAGA. It doesn't use Battle Boards. I would say it closer to something like a cross between Sharpe Practice (uses card activation?) and Legends of the West (Figures have attribute profiles.) Haven't really gotten too far with the translation though, so can't give details. I will probably end up waiting for the English version  ::)

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 09:57:15 PM »
Decent photos of the painted Indian samples.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.406016052760636.117916.218634441498799&type=3

Muskets and Tomahawks will be at Salute this weekend on the Gripping Beast stand.

Cheers
Nick