Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:51:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fireforge Games Templar Knight Cavalry Review!  (Read 4038 times)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Fireforge Games Templar Knight Cavalry Review!
« on: April 19, 2012, 03:29:48 PM »
Hi, This morning I have received some of the beautiful Templars from Fireforge Games before the actual release date! And all I cans ay they look as stunning as the Teutonic Knight Cavalry! If you're interested please take a look at the review on my blog.

http://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2012/04/fireforge-games-templar-knight-cavalry.html

If you have some questions, please don't hesitate as these miniatures are to beautiful to miss!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:22:21 PM by Belgian »
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
Re: Fireforge Games Templar Knight Cavalry Review!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:27:18 PM »
Wrong link or something, I got the file does not exist notification? But the article can be found on the left side.

They look nice, I guess I have to order some of these and the Teutons. If they release infantry soon, all the better. Seems like I am spending a lot of money this spring on minis.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 05:44:56 AM »
The original URL was abbreviated for some reason, here's the full one: http://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2012/04/fireforge-games-templar-knight-cavalry.html

Meeples and Miniatures also did a nice video review of the Teutonic Knights from the same range: http://meeples.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/miniature-review-show-fireforge-games-28mm-plastic-teutonic-knights/

They look like good figures, although I'm not a medieval gamer (never say never...) a dozen knights would add mounted units to a couple of Songs of Blades & Heroes warbands...

Offline ZuluPaul

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 09:49:33 AM »
Look nice, always liked the Templars as an Order, much maligned in popular culture but brave knights.

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 02:07:39 PM »
Very nice.  It's nice the capes are separate as I dislike painting cloaks.  Don't know why, I just do.
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 06:26:54 PM »
The original URL was abbreviated for some reason, here's the full one: http://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2012/04/fireforge-games-templar-knight-cavalry.html

Meeples and Miniatures also did a nice video review of the Teutonic Knights from the same range: http://meeples.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/miniature-review-show-fireforge-games-28mm-plastic-teutonic-knights/

They look like good figures, although I'm not a medieval gamer (never say never...) a dozen knights would add mounted units to a couple of Songs of Blades & Heroes warbands...

Hi, thanks for fixing the link! I've also fixed the link in the initial post. I must say I have never been a fan of medieval wargaming but when I took a look at those knights and mounted sergeants. I've been playing with the idea of starting a crusading army filled with knights and pilgrims. I quite like pilgrims don't ask me why but I always wanted to build a unit of them.  ::)

I hope they will release some foot soldiers soon as cavalry alone doesn't seem to fill the existing plastic hunger  :)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 08:26:14 PM »
Yes, they had a few '3-up' masters for infantrymen on their stand at Salute yesterday.

I bought a box of Templars. Haven't put one together yet, but we shall see... The components look just a little bit cartoony for my taste, but they might look fine once assembled and painted.

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 07:36:09 AM »
I agree Capt B (nice to meet you on Saturday, by the way  ;) ).

In terms of accuracy, I cannot fault them (except, if I were to be really picky, perhaps cloaks for twelfth century Templars), but there's something about the way they sculpt cloth (barding, cloaks etc.) that leaves me cold.

Regards
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:40:37 AM by janner »

Offline Slayer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 09:59:07 AM »
u didn't take a pic of those 3 up's by any chance Captain Blood??

I know alittle off topic but cant wait for the conquest games foot to come out in plastic :-)
the early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »
u didn't take a pic of those 3 up's by any chance Captain Blood??

'Fraid not. didn't take my camera this time  ::)