Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:56:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690823
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A Review on Fireforge Games' new 'Foot Sergeants'  (Read 10516 times)

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
A Review on Fireforge Games' new 'Foot Sergeants'
« on: December 05, 2012, 09:37:15 PM »
Did a small review about the new 'Foot Sergeants' from Fireforge Games over on my blog

...Looking at the miniatures you'll find almost no flash but crisp details and clearly defined details. Unfortunately (at least to me) the poses are a bit too dynamic for building units making ready for battle or awaiting the enemies charge. So you'll have almost only real fighting frontline troopers without making heavy conversions. For me as a fan of knobby miniatures the feet seem a bit to meagre but I think this is credited to historical correctness. All in all I think that's up to evrybodys personal taste....

More you can find on: http://moitereisbuntewelt.blogspot.de/

Hope you enjoy!

Offline gharak

• Librarian
    • Aegeus: Age of Mythical Battles
Re: A Review on Fireforge Games' new 'Foot Sergeants'
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 10:08:12 PM »
Thanks for the review, some good crisp pictures of the miniatures.

The dynamic poses are welcome to me as I'm planning on using the miniatures for some skirmish games so getting more action poses is great.

One thing I've not figures out is where to get some cheap bows from to add to them as I was bowmen as well as archers. Any idea welcome.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 10:16:08 PM »
Nice review, very helpful. Your mini looks lovely too.
I still think it's a bit crap you have to buy a whole other box to get command, especially at the inflated prices of these box set when compared to other historical plastics. However the figures do look very nice so hey ho.

As you have a box could you please give us an idea of what periods these would be suitable for, I know I've asked this elsewhere but that was before anybody had the minis in hand or had written a review.

Offline Hubbynz

• Scientist
    • Halfling House
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 05:34:22 AM »
Nice work and a great review!!!

I am almost tempted to get a box.

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 08:25:48 AM »
Lovely paint work. I agree, there are some quite dynamic poses in the box - ideal for skirmish gamers though  :)

Offline Paul

• Mastermind
    • Paulīs Bods
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 05:15:21 PM »
Great review and a great bit of brushwork!
I knew the truck didnīt want to hit me...it had dodge written on the front

Paulīs Bods Blog
Federation of Bodstonia

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 07:54:04 PM »
Nice review and painting
I really appreciate the size comparison pics
Thank you

Offline Paleskin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 11:59:22 PM »
Good stuff,informative,thanks!

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 02:03:52 AM »
I thought it was well-known that feet in the 13th century were 23.7% smaller proportionately to body size than today, as we have evolved to become more stable when walking upright.

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 09:09:47 AM »
Can I ask what has your ordering experience been with Fireforge? How long delivery times are to be expected, and how well do they communicate with customers (in English?) I made an order on the 3rd of this month, and got an email notice with status change to 'shipped' the next day. I havent' received the minis yet, and FF hasn't respondend to my email inquiry.

I realise that Christmas might slow down delivery quite a lot, so I am not overly concerned at this point. How's the Italian post office? I have ordered some minis from Mirliton in the past, and as far as I recall, they arrived without any problems.

Offline Dale Hurtt

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 06:16:39 PM »
Great review and paint job on the figure. I love the slashes in the shield. Really well done.

Offline max

• Scientist
  • Medieval Mad
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 07:14:30 PM »
One thing I've not figures out is where to get some cheap bows from to add to them as I was bowmen as well as archers. Any idea welcome.

Either wargames factory, or better are Perry wars of the roses arms. you might be able to find some on ebay, i read they worked well with them.

thanks for the review!

Offline Lord Ekard

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 12:39:16 AM »
Can I ask what has your ordering experience been with Fireforge? How long delivery times are to be expected, and how well do they communicate with customers (in English?) I made an order on the 3rd of this month, and got an email notice with status change to 'shipped' the next day. I havent' received the minis yet, and FF hasn't respondend to my email inquiry.

I realise that Christmas might slow down delivery quite a lot, so I am not overly concerned at this point. How's the Italian post office? I have ordered some minis from Mirliton in the past, and as far as I recall, they arrived without any problems.

Hi, I'm Francesco of Fireforge Games, our shipping system is made with TNT and Spring Global Mail (a company of Royal Mail). Shipping times extimate are written on our website, if you have some problems, you can send an email at info@fireforge-games.com. However, at this moment I can't control where is your mail (italian headquarter will remain closed until 27 december), please, if you can, send an email at my personal address fvel@fireforge-games.com explaining the situation and giving us your order number. Probably there was some problem with our anti-spam filter

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 10:35:37 AM »
Sure, thanks Lord Ekard. And like I said, I understand things slow down at the post office during Christmas time, so I am not worried yet. I will get in touch after the New Year, if necessary.

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 12:45:53 PM »
Update, the parcel arrived today! So not too bad, considering the holidays and all. :D

And... the minis are very nice indeed. Got one box of templars, and one box of mounted sergeants and foot sergeants each.