Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690854
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Superhero project (updated 10/05/2013)  (Read 10175 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Superhero project (updated 28/4/2013)
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 08:25:39 PM »
some very good stuff. Which figure did you use for the Bulk? I am tempted to copy you excellent work.

Also, I love the black and white star pattern on you heroine. inspired.

It is from Moongooe Publishing Judge Dread Line. They make a cool few other figs like the Pyro girl...
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 12:45:43 AM »
These all look fantastic. Are either of you planning to make it to Little Wars Melbourne in May? I'll be running my Supers Table and I'd be glad to scrape off the brand name heroes to slap some of our homebrew ones down.

Offline Painting Princess

• Scientist
    • My painting blog
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 03:20:32 AM »
Thanks Mason!!

Styx: feel free to pinch it! ;) Your table plan sounds good too ... I was tossing up the idea of a construction site too after I made my drawing - it would provide some interesting terrain for gaming scenarios! I think Christian bought a power plant or something, though, which might also make its way onto the table once we really put some effort into building it!

some very good stuff. Which figure did you use for the Bulk? I am tempted to copy you excellent work.

Also, I love the black and white star pattern on you heroine. inspired.

Thanks!

As styx pointed out, Christian did indeed use a Mongoose figure for The Incredible Bulk - it's "Fattie":
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniatures/judge-dredd/fattie.html

I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you used the idea :)

Nebula is "Torrent" from Reaper Miniatures:
https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/hero/latest/50140

These all look fantastic. Are either of you planning to make it to Little Wars Melbourne in May? I'll be running my Supers Table and I'd be glad to scrape off the brand name heroes to slap some of our homebrew ones down.

Thanks Hat Guy :)

Would be great to play our heroes on your awesome table! Not sure if we'll be able to get down to Melbourne this year; we've got a great big holiday later this year ... we'll see!
The Princess Diaries (painting blog): http://painting-princess.blogspot.com.au/
Battle of Frogonia blog: http://battle-of-frogonia.blogspot.com.au/
Z Scale Steam Ventures (model railway blog): http://steam-ventures.blogspot.com.au/

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 03:27:12 AM »
I feel like I need to get my wife to move to Australia...all of the best gaming that I love is down under! Super Heroes, Bolt Action, Blood Bowl and 40k to name a few!

I looked at the fattie but you really put that to life. I may get the pryo from that line as the flaming hands is very sweet!

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 08:00:02 AM »
Hey, this thread looks pretty nice so far!
There are some buildings or scenery for zombie/post-apoc games that might fit in your project. I'm no sure if there's anything about the Futurama designs... But I encourage you to create it! ;)

• Scientist
    • My painting blog
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 11:47:47 PM »
I feel like I need to get my wife to move to Australia...all of the best gaming that I love is down under! Super Heroes, Bolt Action, Blood Bowl and 40k to name a few!

There are plenty of lovely places to visit too, in case she needs any convincing! ;)

Hey, this thread looks pretty nice so far!
There are some buildings or scenery for zombie/post-apoc games that might fit in your project. I'm no sure if there's anything about the Futurama designs... But I encourage you to create it! ;)

Welcome to Supercity, Suber! Yes, we will probably have to scratch build or convert some buildings to get a Futurama look ... We'll see how we go with the era for that board ...

Not sure about using post-Apoc for Supercity, as I want it to look like a comic book style city, but we're also planning a board for Atomic Cafe that will have that sort of retro/post-Apoc look. Any suggestions on where to look for PA buildings? We've got a couple of diners etc that we'll do some work on for it, but that's only two or three buildings!

Offline Badger Loving Fluffster

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 03:06:41 PM »
The paint job on Nebula is really very effective. How did you manage that effect?

• Scientist
    • My painting blog
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 12:57:17 AM »
The paint job on Nebula is really very effective. How did you manage that effect?

Thanks Badger! I "highlighted" the black with some more black mixed with a dash of purple, then I watered down some White Scar a little bit, loaded some onto a wash brush and flicked it gently onto the mini (just flicking the tip of the brush, not the whole thing). I covered the base and hair with tissue to avoid getting the specks on there.

The key was to do it gently and with not too much paint to achieve a sparser look, with dots instead of the streaks that you'd get if the brush was too close to the mini or used too much paint :)

Offline Freak Hair

• Assistant
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 02:02:48 AM »
Great stuff and your blog rocks!

Offline Badger Loving Fluffster

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 02:56:16 PM »
The key was to do it gently and with not too much paint to achieve a sparser look, with dots instead of the streaks that you'd get if the brush was too close to the mini or used too much paint :)

Thanks for the tip. I thought it couldn't be done that way as I have always done that with a loaded brush and blood for zombies / arterial spray and you get dots and streaks. Really well done, that is very effective

• Scientist
    • My painting blog
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 11:30:21 PM »
Great stuff and your blog rocks!

Thanks for the comment and for checking out my blog! :)

Thanks for the tip. I thought it couldn't be done that way as I have always done that with a loaded brush and blood for zombies / arterial spray and you get dots and streaks. Really well done, that is very effective

No problem! :)

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 03:22:27 AM »
I have been working on some character cards for our game... based on the version carlosyc did on the web, I went and spent some time on Photoshop and came up with this:

Still a bit of a draft version, but the actual stats will go over the watermarked text.

I've also painted two of the newly formed Holistic Enforcement and Logistics Mandate (H.E.L.M.), but I haven't got pics yet :)

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 12:06:18 AM »
And here's the next card...

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 08:20:46 AM »
Really nice work! Looks totally professional :).

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 04:55:50 PM »
Love those cards, they look excellent!
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca