Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:57:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Weird WW2 Project - Updated 01-01-2013  (Read 5225 times)

Offline gharak

• Librarian
    • Aegeus: Age of Mythical Battles
New Weird WW2 Project - Updated 01-01-2013
« on: December 05, 2012, 09:54:46 PM »
After a good chat with my bro at the weekend we've decided to  get into Weird WW2, we'd kicked around the idea a couple of years back and bought a few minis with a mind to use AE-WW2 from Darkson Designs. That never took off and the miniatures have sat in boxes for a few years.

So my brother had some commandos and some Incursion miniatures painted up and I've a few German Infantry that are suitable along with plenty of boxes of weird miniatures that I can chuck in the mix.

We've also been trying out Brink of Battle recently and are fairly comfortable with the ruleset being suitable for this project so with a few tweaks we'll use that.

With the terrain we have I've sat down and plotted a 2 game (with a possible 3rd side game) story arch for our characters as follows:

It's late 1944, the Allied forces across Europe are pushing back the Germans and it would appear all is not going well for the 3rd Reich, Dr Willhem Von X, disillusioned by the way the war is being fought has recently defected and ended up in the Britain. He has provided a wealth of information on a super secret project code named SS Doomtrooper. Deep in an under ground laboratory it would appear t hat German scientists are trying to create the ultimate battlefield warrior, mixing ground breaking science with their technological advances it may be the last hope for the 3rd Reich's survival.

A small covert force lead by a notorious British Major will be dropped in the area and a two stage mission will follow.

Mission 1; Capture the Facility Entry, It would appear to maintain the secrecy of the project the facility has been designed with only a single entrance, this entrance it lightly guarded to help it remain undetected. The major will take a small force and attack the entrance at dusk, once secured additional forces will be dropped under cover of darkness to reinforce the major and provide some heavier firepower for the fighting that will take place inside the complex. Should the Major fail to capture the entrance this larger force will be required a the area may soon by crawling with additional Axis forces.

Mission 2; The Major will lead a team inside the facility with several objectives, they must plant timed explosive devices in 3 of the critical areas of the Lab complex. The Main Growth lab where the scientists are known to have a number of Doomtrooper specimens in progress, The Generator Room, The Chemical Treatment Plant or the Armoury. Destruction of a number of these areas should lead the lab to be inoperable and should ensure the program is shut down.

I'll be documenting the build up to the gaming session on my blog and will have plenty of pictures and Batreps from our Christmas game.

The first couple of articles on building the required terrain are up and there'll probably be another before the week is out.

The blog is here, please feel free to drop by and become a follower if you fancy.
http://wargamersworkbench.blogspot.co.uk/

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:07:21 PM by gharak »

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
Re: New Weird WW2 Project
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 12:08:57 PM »
Welcome to Weird WWII!

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline gharak

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »
Well I've managed to finish the first batch of terrain for my underground German Lab.

Here's a quick teaser picture of the 11 bits I've completed so far. Sorry it's note a great pic, camera has died and my phone doesn't take the best pictures indoors.

There's more on the blog breaking this down into their planned uses:

http://wargamersworkbench.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/first-batch-of-weird-ww2-scenics.html

I'll hopefully have some miniatures to show off in the next week or so.

Offline Malkcntent

• Assistant
    • Darkson Designs
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »
Blackball Games is bringing back AE-WWII with a second edition of the rules and some new models.  We've got 4 days left on our Kickstarter.

Love the terrain!
The night sky over the planet Krikkit is the least interesting sight in the universe.

Offline gharak

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 11:12:07 PM »
Some miniatures this time, Westwind figures I've had half painted for a long time got finished off, along with some beasties for the weird factor.

Pics on the blog of my Wolvensoldat and DoomTrooper beast.

G

Offline gharak

• Librarian
Re: New Weird WW2 Project - Updated 18-12-12
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 10:04:19 PM »
Yet more pics of some finished models, I'm pretty much done getting everything prepped for the Christmas/New Year gaming session, just got to work up the last of my character profiles for Brink of Battle and I'm done.

2 new posts are here:
http://wargamersworkbench.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/more-weird-ww2-miniatures.html
http://wargamersworkbench.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-weird-and-wonderful.html

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 10:16:21 PM »
Nice painting!

I look forward to seeing the AARs.

Who make the power armored troops in your last post?
Nice aiming point for the Allies on them.
:)

Thanks

Offline gharak

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 06:43:38 AM »
The miniatures are actually Americans armoured rangers from Dust: Warfare range, look for a box called Grim Reapers and you should find them.

Offline gharak

• Librarian
Re: New Weird WW2 Project - Updated 01-01-2013
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 06:10:14 PM »
My brother and I managed to get through 3 games of Brink of Battle over the Christmas period, we've both done write ups, mine is more of an overview of the games and general blathering, my brothers written up some nice mission reports which give the games a little more character.

The write ups can be found on our respective blogs:
http://wargamersworkbench.blogspot.co.uk
http://infrequentwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Quick pic for interest:

All the best
G

Offline MRex21

• Lurker
  • Boogie Lord
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 10:09:37 PM »
Yet more pics of some finished models, I'm pretty much done getting everything prepped for the Christmas/New Year gaming session, just got to work up the last of my character profiles for Brink of Battle and I'm done.

2 new posts are here:
http://wargamersworkbench.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/more-weird-ww2-miniatures.html
http://wargamersworkbench.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-weird-and-wonderful.html

Those are beautiful Axis conversions of the Hammers for Dust Tactics.  The fact that you're using them for Brink of Battle is even better!  Bravo! :)
\"Carrying stuff may be a sign of improper utilization of your minions.\"