Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:46:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: I'll show them, I'll show them all! -lots of small pics-  (Read 10059 times)

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
I'll show them, I'll show them all! -lots of small pics-
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 04:44:07 PM »
COOL !!!!
I like the Worms  :roll:
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.recreationalconflict.com
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 03:28:05 AM »
The worm guy is a Grick from Giants of Legend, they don't currently have any in stock in my favorite looking places, but I'll see if I can find you some.

The Minotaur is a Brass Golem from Night Below, and is a good 3-3.5 inches high. I got it for a painting contest on a D&D minis website. (got a map in submission for a tournament there as well)

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/auggiesgames/Categories?category=D%26D+minis%3ANight+Below

I really recommend Auggie's, good service, great prices, and shipping is free if you buy alot. :) Plus he tries to maintain stock, which alot of people don't do.

Cardragora.com is a good one too, doesn't maintain a deep stock. But he's cheap, and has a wide selection.

"I just didn't have the gamey brain or energy enough to learn all the combos and tricks."

My advice is to never play Warmachine or Hordes, your mind might well explode. :)

One more I like but forgot to put up.
Recreational Conflict: www.recreationalconflict.com

Jibbery style oinkery which don't make no damn sense.

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 03:34:14 AM »
Ah, Cool Stuff inc. has some "used" Grick in stock. Three quarters of the way down the page:

http://www.CoolStuffInc.com/main_miniatures.php?viewType=Dungeons%20and%20Dragons&info1=Miniatures&info2=Dungeons%20and%20Dragons&info3=Giants%20of%20Legend&info4=Singles

Cool Stuff is alright. But they charge by book value, which always seems to be overpriced to me. But a few worm guys in this case aren't too much.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 10:48:06 AM »
Quote from: wolfgangbrooks
My advice is to never play Warmachine or Hordes, your mind might well explode. :)
quote]

Er... what ??? :?:
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 02:39:06 PM »
Quote from: "Argonor"
Quote from: "wolfgangbrooks"

I assume he wants to say that the eminently cool premise and fine quick-start rules of Warmachine quickly degraded into a combo-building slugfest, worse than any 40k tournament I´ve ever been to and almost as bad as Magic: The Blathering.

Love the figures, but I wouldn´t want to play the game anymore just for the *insert strong obscenity here* rules they´ve got nowadays.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 07:21:50 PM »
Quote from: "Westfalia Chris"
Quote from: "Argonor"
Quote from: "wolfgangbrooks"

I assume he wants to say that the eminently cool premise and fine quick-start rules of Warmachine quickly degraded into a combo-building slugfest, worse than any 40k tournament I´ve ever been to and almost as bad as Magic: The Blathering.

Love the figures, but I wouldn´t want to play the game anymore just for the *insert strong obscenity here* rules they´ve got nowadays.

As a fairly strong player of both games, I really must step in here...

And agree totally. If I didn't have a group of friends who are more into the playing for playing sake, not just 'to win', I'd have given up both games. As it is, I have a reason to paint up those beautiful Dire Trolls, and some wonderfully evil Cryx.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Super_Gibbon

• Scientist
    • Steel City Supers
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 03:57:02 AM »
Thanks for the links, wolfgang. Dwarves look great too.

If this were other forums we would already be in the midst of a huge flame war about warmachine. Since this is the ultra laid back and positive Lead Adventure Forum it hasn't come to that. Most of my gaming buds play Hordes and Warmachine. Playing almost any ruleset with some easy going and laid back dudes is a great time but when it comes to "gamey" games like D&D minis and WM, I just get a little frustrated after a while. I'm a painter first (though not a great one!) and a gamer second, and using the mental juice to maximize an army's effectiveness is just effort I need to use elsewhere in life. Some of my friends are math people and very experienced at games and have alot of CCG experience and this all is cake for them. I like to sit down with a basic tactical type ruleset like LOTR. We are very lucky that miniature wargaming has something to satisfy everyone. So all you clever people enjoy your Warmachine and Hordes!

And all hail Lead Adventure! Where one can calmly explain why WM isn't for them or trump its virtues and no one gets snippy! This is the only forum I regularly visit any more.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 09:04:13 AM »
Quote from: "Super_Gibbon"
Thanks for the links, wolfgang. Dwarves look great too.

If this were other forums we would already be in the midst of a huge flame war about warmachine. Since this is the ultra laid back and positive Lead Adventure Forum it hasn't come to that. Most of my gaming buds play Hordes and Warmachine. Playing almost any ruleset with some easy going and laid back dudes is a great time but when it comes to "gamey" games like D&D minis and WM, I just get a little frustrated after a while. I'm a painter first (though not a great one!) and a gamer second, and using the mental juice to maximize an army's effectiveness is just effort I need to use elsewhere in life. Some of my friends are math people and very experienced at games and have alot of CCG experience and this all is cake for them. I like to sit down with a basic tactical type ruleset like LOTR. We are very lucky that miniature wargaming has something to satisfy everyone. So all you clever people enjoy your Warmachine and Hordes!

And all hail Lead Adventure! Where one can calmly explain why WM isn't for them or trump its virtues and no one gets snippy! This is the only forum I regularly visit any more.

Hater! U R teh suxxor.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I find the game a refreshing change from the large scale ones I usually play, but it plays a bit too much like M:TG for me to really enjoy it. When movement comes in second to whatever vile combination you have come up with...meh. Still a kick to play once in while. And as soon as I get my camera back from the shop, I promise, I'll actually post a photo or two, and quit being such a lurker.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 10:47:46 AM »
Quote from: "Grimm"
COOL !!!!
I like the Worms  :roll:

Me too very dark young shrub, cthulhu etc... who does em?
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 09:20:23 PM »
"When movement comes in second to whatever vile combination you have come up with..."

Yes. For me Warmachine is far too much about weighing special abilities and screwing the opponent over with feats and "haha you can't move!" spells. There's alot I like about it, but there's alot of little things that really add up and wreck any enjoyment for me.

"Me too very dark young shrub, cthulhu etc... who does em?"

Wizards of the Coast, the link in my post with the dwarven picture is to an online store that carries them.

I'm going to start putting figure references in all my posts with the plastic people so guys who are mostly into lead can follow along if something piques their interest.

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2008, 07:07:45 PM »
Thx for putting ideas in my head....just bought 12 of the damned worms.....

Johan
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2008, 07:17:49 AM »
My insidious work has begun. Just you wait until I figure out how best to set up the camera. :)