Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:33:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Garden of Kama] Mara and Daughters of Mara - setting the price and pre-orders..  (Read 3925 times)

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Hi Guys,

Some of you may remember the Mara (Tibetan Demons ) and "Daughters of Mara" (the female versions) that Andrew May sculpted for me earlier this Spring. I've had the masters on hand for a while but haven't been able get them molded b/c i'm a bit over-stretched getting Tekumel stuff done.

Sooo...I thought I poke around and see if anyone was still interested. I would like to know:

1) What you would like to pay? What do you think is a fair price for something that stands a good 40mm tall?

And...

2) Would you be willing to pre-order the figures? I need to get a master mold made and then a bunch of production molds (the former is $125, the latter $60 IIRC.)

The Mara can be seen here:

http://lohwand.blogspot.ca/2012/01/mara-completed.html

I don't think I've posted a picture of the finished DoM, though I think I have one around here somewhere...

Anyway, honest responses please (I know you don't want to pay anything, but lets be realistic...)

Best Regards,

Howard Fielding
The Tekumel Project
http://thetekumelproject.blogspot.ca/

PS. I am thinking that Tekumel club members would get their discount (40-50%) off this stuff as well as their usual Tekumel purchases.

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
I didn't know that these sculpts existed, but would be potentially interested in buying one of each at some unknown/undecided price, perhaps for Pulp/weird Back of Beyond gaming. Sorry that I couldn't be more specific.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
I'd pre-order a complete set of 6 Mara and 1 DoM( only 1?) for $60.

40mm, great sculpts, boutique quality... I like 'em! :)

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
IIRC, there are 6 or 7 DoM. I'll have to take a look again. I think there is a pic somewhere in the depths of my computer...will check in the morning.

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
Now that I have seen your blog, I also look forward to the galleys (but without figureheads), as they ought also to be useful for galleys from the bronze age Dong-Son culture...

Offline gharak

• Librarian
    • Aegeus: Age of Mythical Battles
Love these miniatures, the level of detail is superb.

Not sure if I need them at the moment but I'll keep em bookmarked until such time that they fit a project.

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Now that I have seen your blog, I also look forward to the galleys (but without figureheads), as they ought also to be useful for galleys from the bronze age Dong-Son culture...

The intent is to offer the galleys and war canoes as completely plain as well as with modular prows and sterns - I am going to be discussing this with the caster this weekend. The plan is for plain prow, stern and hull, plus about two other versions of each bit, with Naga, Makara or Garuda heads or tails as appropriate.

This shows some of the variants...

http://lohwand.blogspot.ca/2012/03/galley-pics.html

And then crews are planned for the Garden of Kama setting: Champakou (ie. histoical "Cham"); Kamjola (ie. historical Khmer) and Aoa/Ologog (Amazons.)

Howard

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
Alright! You may also want to include Dong-Son (or Dian or Kunming) crew, or at least swappable heads for them...   :)

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
These models looks so good. I would not make a pre-order, since I have no idea what I would use them for, but I would deffinately make a bookmark and get my brain in motion to think of future projects with these.

They are very interesting models and much different style than what I have seen before. About the price, I have no idea. If they are going to be sold seperate and as set, make a discount to the set, but I guess that is logic?

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Currently thinking along the lines of $10US per figure. $50 for each set of six, so you save some there.

Someone was asking about making the heads available separately. Any interest in that? Not sure what other bodies they'd go with. They are all on a sprue so they probably could be made available separately.

Offline atom12

• Librarian
A little late but, When first saw these couldn't wait to buy and still can't wait. Have a Ganesh army for fantasy converted up and would like to add these as part of the army. Will probably buy quite a few of both sets.

Separate heads would make more variations but might be hard for the female ones.

Adam

Offline Meier_Elf_Fanatic

• Mastermind
  • I am of course, a nomad of the time streams.
    • The Life And Times Of A Gaming Geek
Errrr

Where can I get these? I am just finishing an Indian fantasy army and need otherworldly types like these.

Cheers

Mark
If you intend to bugger about in the time stream, dress accordingly!

Conflict In Colour - Knocking out painted armies for the connoisseur since about 8AM.