Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:43:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: SOTR Germans and Russians  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
SOTR Germans and Russians
« on: July 04, 2012, 02:13:50 PM »
This is my first post here so hello, I've often browsed this forum and seen some splendid painting/modelling and so thought it was about time I posted something up.  However I must warn you that the only camera we have in the house is on my phone and lets just say that if Time Team found it one day they'd get rather excited, so the pictures are blurred in most cases but I hope they are decent enough for you to get an idea of the miniatures.  I would also like to point out these are the first full armies we've painted (plenty of modelling not much painting up till now) so there's room for improvement.
*Edit - Managed to borrow a slightly better camera so the pictures have been updated*

First up here is and an army shot of my Germans with some close ups of some of the more interesting units:

Now for some of the characters (unfortunatley Frau Tear ended up blurring worse than with the camera phone so she's not included here):

Here's 'The Thing That Should Not Be':

Finally from the German's some shots of the two mechs, really loved working on the Tiger Mech:

Now for the Soviets, an army shot and again some close ups of key units:

Here are the work in progress shots of the Mech, first with the base coat and then with the first dry brush:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:07:28 PM by Giger »

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
Re: SOTR Germans and Russians
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 02:35:34 PM »
Hello and Welcome to LAF; and may also just say, what a cracking first post Sir!  8)

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 03:24:32 PM »
Thank you, I just finished varnishing the Tiger mech this morning which only leaves 'The Thing' to varnish and they'll be complete (haha, like an army is ever complete).
Next up from me will be a Panzer IV, a couple of Hanomags and some more infantry (possibly an Aufklarer unit).  However I also have my eye on a Blitzhund and the Drohne's but I have one army to paint and another to build and paint before I should come back to the Germans, though I've liked them so much I may end up giving in sooner rather than later.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 02:42:53 PM »
 Great looking forces.

Just been looking at my books again.I have lots of the miniatures but not done anything with them yet.Time to get cracking I think.

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 12:09:17 PM »
I edited the first post with better pcitures which also include the completed Tiger Mech and 'The Thing...' along with work in progress shots of the Soviet Mech

Offline seano

• Student
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 11:11:35 PM »
Hi New here myself... forces  look great, just getting into SoTR, got me motivated to paint up more.
All the best
Sean

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 03:40:26 PM »
More progress made on the Soviet mech, its done!  first up some more WIP shots and then a couople of finished shots.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 08:34:15 PM »
More progress made on the Soviet mech, its done!

:-*

Fantastic conversion!

It came out a real treat!  ;D